Just now, Prime Minister Koivu said:

Please score before OT 😬

1 minute ago, sbhatt said:

No kidding.

Should you specify a team?

Who else?

Beinvenue Eric!

1 hour ago, dlbalr said:

It's starting to feel like if the Habs are going to get one, it's going to be one of those double-deflection off a skate type of goals.  Smith is at the top of his game.  Getting two is going to be tough.

Boy, when I'm wrong, I'm wrong...

1 minute ago, dlbalr said:

Boy, when I'm wrong, I'm wrong...

Consider it an Easter miracle...divine intervention makes as much sense as anything else with how this game went.

Whooo!!  Habs win in OT

Screw you Staal!!  You suck!!

Oh wait, my bad.  Old habit.

In my defence, research studies have shown that it can take 24 days to change a habit, and its only been about 10 days.

28 minutes ago, DON said:

Just hope Gallagher not gone long term

Ducharme just confirmed that Gallagher broke his thumb. Will be out for weeks!

5 minutes ago, Habsfan said:

We need to replace his goals...and our powerplay has gone cold again.  It's a good thing Laval is a short drive away; I think Caufield's stay there will be a very short one now.

10 minutes ago, sbhatt said:

We need to replace his goals...and our powerplay has gone cold again.  It's a good thing Laval is a short drive away; I think Caufield's stay there will be a very short one now.

Ylonen might be a better short-term choice given that he's now got 20+ AHL games under his belt, in addition to the men's league experience in Finland. But he has a mystery injury so don't know when he would even be available ...

Throwing Caufield to the wolves on the first day is exactly what we complained about the Habs doing with Kotkaniemi.

13 minutes ago, sbhatt said:

I was just thinking exactly the same thing. 

1 minute ago, tomh009 said:

Ylonen might be a better short-term choice given that he's now got 20+ AHL games under his belt, in addition to the men's league experience in Finland. But he has a mystery injury so don't know when he would even be available ...

Throwing Caufield to the wolves on the first day is exactly what we complained about the Habs doing with Kotkaniemi.

Big difference, KK was an 18 year old kid. Caulfield played 2 years in college where he dominated. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

Big difference, KK was an 18 year old kid. Caulfield played 2 years in college where he dominated. 

There is a difference. On the other hand, Kotkaniemi played a full season in Liiga -- and scored a respectable 29 points in 57 games as a 17-year-old -- before coming over.

Caufield may be in better shape. but this really is what we preach against. And then we throw it out the window the next time we have a hot prospect available.

17 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

Caufield is almost two years older than KK was when we brought him in.

7 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

There is a difference. On the other hand, Kotkaniemi played a full season in Liiga -- and scored a respectable 29 points in 57 games as a 17-year-old -- before coming over.

Caufield may be in better shape. but this really is what we preach against. And then we throw it out the window the next time we have a hot prospect available.

I haven't been preaching patience.  I've said all along that a kid who scores 30 goals in 31 NCAA games is ready. 

Price had an excellent game.  Hope he's not hurt badly... but Ducharme said they are running tests. 

Jake Allen can carry the net for a bit, but we have so many games we need two goalies, and i have no faith in Lindgren. 

If we need a second goalie at any point, i hope they put Primeau in net.

32 minutes ago, Habsfan said:

Well if he’s out for the rest of the season and is good to go for the playoffs, there maybe a positive in a crappy situation. If Gllagahar is out for the rest of the season and goes in LTIR, wouldn’t his salary be off the books and allow us to add a dman without having to give up salary? 
we are most likely finishing between 2 and 4. Probably 3 or 4. So we can at a minimum get into the playoff without Gallagher. Assuming he is out for the rest of the season, the two main concerns are how his loss would hurt our positioning for the playoff matchups, and how long it will take Gallagher to return to form.

1 minute ago, Commandant said:

Caufield is almost two years older than KK was when we brought him in.

Exactly, huge difference between an 18 and 20 year old. I notice a big difference between Caulfied being interviewed when he as drafted and being interviewed now, much more mature.