April 7 Habs at Tranna Centre of the Universe Blue Turds 7:30 EST

Will Bergevin make a trade before the deadline?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Will Bergevin make a trade?

• Yes - something big like a LD
    • Yes - something small like a cap dump
    • No - We don't need nothing

LW C RW Forwards
Corey Perry
Corey Perry

Rating: 70.8#101 LW

Nick Suzuki
Nick Suzuki
Josh Anderson
Josh Anderson

Rating: 73.4#42 RW

FL1 Rating
Rating: 72.09#28 FL1
Jonathan Drouin
Jonathan Drouin

Rating: 73.0#48 LW

Eric Staal
Eric Staal

Rating: 74.2#45 C

Tyler Toffoli
Tyler Toffoli

Rating: 75.9#25 RW

FL2 Rating
Rating: 74.37#12 FL2
Tomas Tatar
Tomas Tatar

Rating: 77.7#10 LW

Phillip Danault
Phillip Danault

Rating: 75.5#29 C

Jesperi Kotkaniemi
Jesperi Kotkaniemi
FL3 Rating
Rating: 74.61#1 FL3
Paul Byron
Paul Byron

Rating: 71.8#78 LW

Jake Evans
Jake Evans
Artturi Lehkonen
Artturi Lehkonen

Rating: 71.7#81 RW

FL4 Rating
Rating: 71.77#8 FL4

Defensive Pairings Defense
Joel Edmundson
Joel Edmundson

Rating: 73.8#39 LD

Shea Weber
Shea Weber

Rating: 76.5#15 RD

DL1 Rating
Rating: 75.13#11 DL1
Brett Kulak
Brett Kulak

Rating: 73.4#46 LD

Jeff Petry
Jeff Petry

Rating: 76.7#13 RD

DL2 Rating
Rating: 75.07#3 DL2
Alexander Romanov
Alexander Romanov
Victor Mete
Victor Mete

Rating: 72.2#70 RD

DL3 Rating
Rating: 72.20#13 DL3

Goalies
Jake Allen
Jake Allen

Rating: 64.2#59 G1

• Upvote 2

The leafs feast on defensive turnovers so we need to be careful tonight. leafs have a whole lot of firepower and their newest sniper Galchenyuk is hoping to make us look like fools. Hoping Captain Crosscheck can make mathews cry again and Allen needs to be on his game.

I consider this a great test for us. Are we pretenders or contenders?

I expect Anderson to be a beast tonight

Go Habs Go

• Upvote 1

The Leafs are better than us and tailor-built to dismantle our D. That said, we are a good enough team to hang in there with them, so who knows.

Agree on Anderson.

Love the thread title, LOL

1 hour ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

The Leafs are better than us and tailor-built to dismantle our D. That said, we are a good enough team to hang in there with them, so who knows.

Need our forwards to support the D in order to minimize the dismantling.

We need everyone on board to pull this off tonight...there can be no passengers.  It will take continued beast mode from Anderson, Toffoli sniping, and a strong PP.  We will need every D-man to bring his A-game, Allen to be sharp, and to STAY THE HELL OUT OF THE PENALTY BOX.  Hope to see something fron Drouin tonight; after a few games where he looked more effective than usual, he was right back to looking completely ineffective from my vantage point in that last game.

24 minutes ago, sbhatt said:

We need everyone on board to pull this off tonight...there can be no passengers.  It will take continued beast mode from Anderson, Toffoli sniping, and a strong PP.  We will need every D-man to bring his A-game, Allen to be sharp, and to STAY THE HELL OUT OF THE PENALTY BOX.  Hope to see something fron Drouin tonight; after a few games where he looked more effective than usual, he was right back to looking completely ineffective from my vantage point in that last game.

the bits of the games where I noticed him, he was playing like Armia: finishing his checks, back checking and bringing the puck into the O zone on controlled entries; but not shooting, making passes to players that were covered or loosing the puck on the boards after being checked.

51 minutes ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

Reading some leaf boards there are many comments about Staal being a leaf killer so I’m hoping that comes true tonight. 

Historically speaking, they're not wrong.  Staal has 51 points in 49 games against Toronto.  

NHL. com match-up summary

MONTREAL TORONTO

1-2-1  Record   3-1-0

11       Goals      15

125 Shots on goal 107

33.33%  PP%  45.45%

54.55%  PK%   66.67%

55% on the PK...ugly stat of the day.

1 hour ago, zumpano21 said:

Personally I’d like to see Romanov put Marner or Matthews into the 3rd row of seats

Would much much rather see Romanov get a hat-trick and/or shine in his own end on the PK.:popcorn:

1 hour ago, DON said:

NHL. com match-up summary

MONTREAL TORONTO

1-2-1  Record   3-1-0

11       Goals      15

125 Shots on goal 107

33.33%  PP%  45.45%

54.55%  PK%   66.67%

55% on the PK...ugly stat of the day.

Those stats tell you that if the Habs can stay out of the box or lock down the PK, they have a real good shot at winning.  Since DD has taken over the penalties have been down and they are looking more competent on the PK.  

6 hours ago, sbhatt said:

Hope to see something fron Drouin tonight; after a few games where he looked more effective than usual, he was right back to looking completely ineffective from my vantage point in that last game.

I like that Staal is on that line because its possible that it will not just get Drouin going but ignite all 3 of them.    The odd thing about Staals stats is that in a lot of the years that he wasnt getting 40+ g's he was getting 40+ a's and 60+ pts.  Furthermore, Drouin and Toffoli would the best linemates Staal has had in years so that could totally rejuvenate him. 

I've never really been a fan of Staal but I wont be surprised if start loving him real quick.  Staal is probably capable of scoring at a 40g/yr pace, he just cant handle the 25mins/game he needed to score 40.  However, @ 12.5mins/game he could get close to 20.  Theres only 20 games left and Staal could get 8-10g's.  I'm thinking Staal will turn out better than Perry and neither will be UFAs this off season.   

5 hours ago, dlbalr said:

Historically speaking, they're not wrong.  Staal has 51 points in 49 games against Toronto.  

That might just be the real reason MB picked him up.  i.e. thinking ahead to the last 3 games vs Leafs.  Those could be the biggest 3 games this year. 

Urgh. Danault loses the puck battle. Weber can't control Matthews behind the net. And Allen doesn't cover the bottom of the net on the wraparound.

The only good thing is that tere are still 59 minutes left.

Only player contracts count against the cap ... can't MB hire someone to teach the players and coaches how to make changes ... there were four skaters more or less in the play and two other skating towards it ... plus Allen