April 7 Habs at Tranna Centre of the Universe Blue Turds 7:30 EST

Will Bergevin make a trade before the deadline?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Will Bergevin make a trade?

• Yes - something big like a LD
    • Yes - something small like a cap dump
    • No - We don't need nothing

5 minutes ago, Neech said:

Disheartening game.  We can dominate a period and come away with nothing, but a team like Toronto will get a few goals from a stretch of dominance.  We haven't assembled the D corps to compete without the top tier offensive talent of other contenders.

I know we lost, but this was the first game when I felt like Allen was taking the starting job from Carey.  Would it have been this close with Price in nets?

Given the way Price has played since the coaching change and Allen has lost 7 of his last 8 starts.... I don't see that at all. 

Not a troll. Just looking at stats. PP is better. PK is the same. Drouin has got 1 goal in first 18 games vs 1 goal in the next 18. KK got 2 goals in the first 18 vs 3 in the next 18. Suzuki 4 goals in the first 18 vs 3 in the next 18. These are hard facts. Context = excuses. I stand by prediction that Drouin will score this month. 

Some of you can try to context the shit out of / pretty up ugly stats all you want, but the team still loses the big games for the same reasons over and over.  We lack high-end finishers, period...and we carry too many guys who flat-out can't score to make it up via scoring by committee on a regular basis.  I don't give a damn how  'improved' he has been in flashes since the coaching change, a forward who gets as much ice as Drouin does having only 2 goals on the season is pathetic.  We have 4 more forwards with 5 goals or less on the season...and they are not all guys who languish on the 4th line eternally either.  This is every bit as big a problem as the holes on our blueline.  I've been beating this drum for a long time, and will continue to do so, because it's true: the inability to get the 3rd goal costs us a ton of points.  I get that there are only so many top tier snipers in the league, but when you are one of the have-nots, you cannot carry a raft of guys who rarely score goals.  You need a lot of quality secondary scoring in your lineup to offset, and we don't have it.

2 hours ago, GHT120 said:

I know ... but while all you said, or didn't say, or meant is all true the fault remains ... very difficult to successfully "go for it" with a 2nd and 3rd year centre unless they are Crosby or McDavid ...

Ok, let me state what I mean instead of reacting to other's:

1. This team is not perfect, not a sure bet to win the cup

2. With Suzuki and Kotkaniemi as top 9 centers, this team showed it could dominate any team for one game.

3. Before Gallagher's injury, with Staal and the expanded role for Perry, this team showed it could dominate any team for multiple games

4. Before Price's injury, this team was trending as having a rock solid tandem in goal

=== then the injuries hit ===

At this moment, the team is going through new churn in structure, line/pair combinations and player roles; despite that, it still shows promise

"Going all in" in this context means, trading picks, high value prospects and good NHL players for a top-4 LD without destroying the team.

4 minutes ago, sbhatt said:

Some of you can try to context the shit out of / pretty up ugly stats all you want, but the team still loses the big games for the same reasons over and over.  We lack high-end finishers, period...and we carry too many guys who flat-out can't score to make it up via scoring by committee on a regular basis.  I don't give a damn how  'improved' he has been in flashes since the coaching change, a forward who gets as much ice as Drouin does having only 2 goals on the season is pathetic.  We have 4 more forwards with 5 goals or less on the season...and they are not all guys who languish on the 4th line eternally either.  This is every bit as big a problem as the holes on our blueline.  I've been beating this drum for a long time, and will continue to do so, because it's true: the inability to get the 3rd goal costs us a ton of points.  I get that there are only so many top tier snipers in the league, but when you are one of the have-nots, you cannot carry a raft of guys who rarely score goals.  You need a lot of quality secondary scoring in your lineup to offset, and we don't have it.

I would without question sit Drouin until he is ready to work every shift like a professional or until he is traded. 

Drouin is lazy as hell and I’m sick of his excuses. 

I think we are better than your post suggests but this team is lacking accountability. How many games this season have we not even shown up? Too freaking many

i in no way want some sort of Torts nonsense but players like Drouin should be held accountable and they aren’t. 

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

Ok, let me state what I mean instead of reacting to other's:

1. This team is not perfect, not a sure bet to win the cup

2. With Suzuki and Kotkaniemi as top 9 centers, this team showed it could dominate any team for one game.

3. Before Gallagher's injury, with Staal and the expanded role for Perry, this team showed it could dominate any team for multiple games

4. Before Price's injury, this team was trending as having a rock solid tandem in goal

=== then the injuries hit ===

At this moment, the team is going through new churn in structure, line/pair combinations and player roles; despite that, it still shows promise

"Going all in" in this context means, trading picks, high value prospects and good NHL players for a top-4 LD without destroying the team.

All good points ...and don't disagree with you ... but the Leafs, for example, go into games with the expectation that they should dominate not could ... 

6 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

All good points ...and don't disagree with you ... but the Leafs, for example, go into games with the expectation that they should dominate not could ... 

it is clear that the Habs are not as good as the Leafs. Not at this moment, and there is no expectation that they should.

But with everyone healthy, the Habs are as good; and if we had a top-4 LD we would be expected to beat them every time

4 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

it is clear that the Habs are not as good as the Leafs. Not at this moment, and there is no expectation that they should.

But with everyone healthy, the Habs are as good; and if we had a top-4 LD we would be expected to beat them every time

Wish I could agree with the "would".

34 minutes ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

How many games this season have we not even shown up?

Yes, only 17-4 in shots in the 2nd...stupid Habs!

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, sbhatt said:

I agree. Anderson and toffoli have filled some of that hole you speak of but not enough which tells us it’s a bigger hole then first thought. Drouin is falling back to his usual self that all Hab fans are use too by now!  totally laziness, IQ of a 2/4 wooden board, it’s very frustrating and disappointing to witness another year of this. Lack of scoring from Suzuki and KK are also part of this problem we speak of, they could of taken a step forward with there offensive production but are idling instead so far this season...

21 minutes ago, DON said:

I was referring to the several games where the players apologized and added there are no excuses but continue to not show up every now and then. 

like the Ottawa game the other day or that Winnipeg game a bit ago

I said we had good effort last night. Well except for Drouin 

1 hour ago, DON said:

Shots mean absolutely nothing if you don’t score on them.  Like the game vs the Oilers on Monday, shots were something like 15-5 for the Habs the end of the first period, score was 1-0 Oilers.

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, TurdBurglar said:

Shots mean absolutely nothing if you don’t score on them.  Like the game vs the Oilers on Monday, shots were something like 15-5 for the Habs the end of the first period, score was 1-0 Oilers.

The best predictor of future success is whether or not you are playing well, and outshooting/outchancing your opponents... not a pure win/loss.

Flukey things happen from time to time, but if you are playing well and outplaying your opponent, you will win more games.  Monday is actually a perfect example as the Habs were the better team and even though the Oilers held them off the board for 40 minutes, they eventually broke through.

2 hours ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

I was referring to the several games where the players apologized and added there are no excuses but continue to not show up every now and then. 

like the Ottawa game the other day or that Winnipeg game a bit ago

I said we had good effort last night. Well except for Drouin 

OK, my mistake Saku, agree Leafs kicked ass in the 1st, but was quite the opposite in the 2nd and 2nd 1/2 of 3rd. So did show up;, but the Habs just dont have a Marner, Tavares or Matthews to rely on.

Highest paid forward on Habs $5.5m/yr...and it shows in a game like this, no game breakers on a regular basis. Leafs have 4 forwards paid between $7m-$11.6m and seems to be working out OK this year, so far.

So, just gotta hope depth will be a difference maker over the next 30-40games.

27 minutes ago, DON said:

OK, my mistake Saku, agree Leafs kicked ass in the 1st, but was quite the opposite in the 2nd and 2nd 1/2 of 3rd. So did show up;, but the Habs just dont have a Marner, Tavares or Matthews to rely on.

Highest paid forward on Habs $5.5m/yr...and it shows in a game like this, no game breakers on a regular basis. Leafs have 4 forwards paid between $7m-$11.6m and seems to be working out OK this year, so far.

So, just gotta hope depth will be a difference maker over the next 30-40games.

You know Don what you say here is right and I agree. It can be incredibly frustrating though. 

We are a dominant team when we play hard and forecheck hard. Our identity used to be speed and hard work and when we take nights off for whatever reason it burns my ass cause we are no longer consistent hard workers. 

We have holes like any team but laziness can’t be one of them if we ever hope to compete. 

Ya, think we will really gonna miss Gallagher's 'gumption' vs what Drouin typically shows in puck battles. 

But, Drouin can be such a smart playmaker and when motivated will even toss a hit and fore/back check...once/game.

But, simply need to be able to rely on skill moreso and not simply hoping to outwork the other team every game. But, they are what they are for this year and i dont expect any big add-ons. Maybe Caufield can chip in a few, but cant expect him to be any kind of difference maker.

21 hours ago, Pino10 said:

Julien -        18GP - 9w-5L- 4 OTL - 22 pts

Ducharme - 18GP - 8W - 5L 5 OTL - 21 pts

I see the improvement. After we lose in the first round can be finally rid of Bergeron and the rest of his buddies. 

Other people have already pointed out injuries which make these numbers less than comparable.

Let me throw out a few other numbers which, to me, point to the fundamental building work that Ducharme is doing, and which should pay off in the longer term:

• Penalty minutes: 6.8/game, down from 11.2/game
  • Power play: 0.244, up from 0.222
  • Penalty kill: 0.234, flat from 0.232 -- but with 2.6 opportunities/game, down from 4.0/game
  • Face-off percentage: 0.512, up from 0.476

The biggest challenge is that the shooting percentage is down from 0.100 to 0.093, resulting in four fewer goals over the period, but this is likely the random element rather than the players suddenly losing their shooting skills.

I don’t know what’s wrong with Drouin? Sometimes I wonder if he has Richard Zednik syndrome...Got smoked hard and was never the same. 

Ha haaa, no. That’s just Drouin being Drouin. Like I always say - any team that counts on Jonathan Drouin to consistently come through, is going to be disappointed. He’s a decent 2nd line FW, nothing more.

wring thread buddy ;)

Fom was fuming yesterday on the post game scrum

Didn’t Mete also sit on the third?

44 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

wring thread buddy ;)

Fom was fuming yesterday on the post game scrum

Didn’t Mete also sit on the third?

Yeah he did sit. He worked his ass off and was positionally sound but he was pushed all over the ice. He just couldn’t handle it and Romanov barely hung on