Fallout fron Ribero's comments?

hankhab

Has there been anything more in the French media following Ribero's selfish remarks about Ryder? As a fellow Newfoundlander, I'd like to see Ryder challenge him in practice...he'd wipe the floor with the little idiot...

I don’t think you will see that ever happen.

Ryder and Ribero are friends and I don’t think that his comments mean anything to their friendship

I believe those comments must have been taken out of context because. If it were not for Ryder last year Ribero would not have led this club in points.

Must have been away from Habs world

GOHABSGO22

About a week ago Ribero said that if "Ryder had buried half of the chances that he (ribero) had set him up with this team would not be slumping.

The public in unaware if these comments were out of context.

Originally posted by olematelot

Ryder might have been right there when he made the supposed comments and Ribs could have said it as a joke, it's all rumours as far as I'm concerned

I agree, ribs does have a chip on his shoulder, but it sounds like a joke (being the two are friends and even if they weren't I'd think ribs would have more sense than to say that about a team/line-mate

Lets not drag this out any longer. It was probably spoken out of context or Ribeiro put his foot in his mouth. I can definitely relate to wanting to say something totally innoffensive and completely putting foot in my mouth. Its not like he has a history like Roenick of talking smack. We're just taking out the teams frustrations on him because he's not looking too competitive these days.

that is the kind of thing that could be said completely innocently in jest and be taken out of context. if it was even said at all. geez it must suck to have to be so careful all the time, like theo with the middle finger salute thing earlier. but i guess for the millions i would live with it, lol

If there was ever a time that Ribeiro's comments could have turned into a bigger story, it's now that the team is off for a week and there are no games to report on. Since they didn't, I'm left to conclude one thing: it's a non-issue. The story is bogus, Ribs was misquoted, or his words were taken out of context.

End of story.