Mete on waivers

johnnyhasbeen

1 hour ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

Mete will get tons of ice time in Ottawa so good for him

Personally, I like Mete and I hope this works out well for him and turns into a stable NHL career, regardless of which pairing it may be.

For the Habs, though, this is the right thing to do. Hopefully Merrill will pan out, and some of our D prospects (in Laval and elsewhere) develop into solid NHL players.

6 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

Personally, I like Mete and I hope this works out well for him and turns into a stable NHL career, regardless of which pairing it may be.

For the Habs, though, this is the right thing to do. Hopefully Merrill will pan out, and some of our D prospects (in Laval and elsewhere) develop into solid NHL players.

I share the same opinion on Mete

Merill seems like a perfect 3rd pair LD for the Habs. Will be a good player to have for Brook and/or Fleury when they come up

We certainly have an "experienced" D corps now. Including the taxi squad:

• Weber: 35
  • Petry: 33
  • Chiarot: 29
  • Merrill: 29
  • Gustafsson: 29
  • Edmundson: 27
  • Kulak: 27
  • Ouellet: 27
  • Leskinen: 24
  • Romanov: 21

That's only two players under 25. And five of the over-25s are already signed for next season or beyond. It'll be interesting to see who is actually staying for next season.

Asked by Arpon Basu if there was a trade market for Victor Mete at all Bergevin said, "Ya, I was offered a first round pick but I figured I should just put him on waivers."

... "So that's a no?" 

"That's a no."

How dare he make jokes about my special boy!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Trizzak said:

Asked by Arpon Basu if there was a trade market for Victor Mete at all Bergevin said, "Ya, I was offered a first round pick but I figured I should just put him on waivers."

... "So that's a no?" 

"That's a no."

What that means is that none of the teams that are in, or possibly have any hope of trying to make, the playoffs (about 22 by my count) and likely knowing they had no chance of landing him on waivers were willing to offer even a 7th round pick for a defenceman with 185 games of NHL experience and a $735K cap hit to fill even a 7/8 depth position.

8 minutes ago, Trizzak said:

... "So that's a no?" 

"That's a no."

6 minutes ago, Commandant said:

I usually like Basu, but his interractions with Bergevin are painful. 

I sounded like a prepared answer IMO ... try to use some humour to deflect