Nothing To Do With Anything

Trizzak

You're one of the luckier ones I guess, I can't watch a movie with couples in love for example because it gets me depressed. Apart of that has to do with my isolation of my life (long story), being shy and childhood depression that hasn't gone away totally probably never will.

Shyness, the #1 reason I don't have a girlfriend. Made my first set of close friends in kindegarten and 1st grade, back when I was a huge extrovert. Next group of friends I made in high school, most from the volleyball team, since I spent a lot of time with them. Next group of friends was people from my floor on my freshman dorm. Again, became friends because I was around them so much. I've never been around girls so much, so I've never even really become good friends with girls.

Yeah that shyness thing i can relate to. I have a close group of friends, and a huge groupe of relatives (i dont call friends but i see them quite frequently). But still i'm very shy, mostly with girls i like, other girls are no problem. Pathetic :D

*and yeah they always see me as a friend,not as a lover. So thats not going anywhere. But yeah, keep on trying. One day im a lucky fella! :P

Edited by Dutch_Habs_Fan

i hate valentine day and i have a girlfriend....its pathetic stupid...and a reason to fork out cash to the compagnies...dont call me cheap i spent over a 1000$ of gifts last christmas to my girlfriend....l( and by the way she thinks the same thing as me about valentines ) :P

Very funny, but it does bring up a gripe I have. Now, I know he was only being satirical, but he does blast religion in general as being completely and utterly stupid. Now, he can say whatever he wants, 1st Ammendment. The thing that gets me is that nobody cares that he is bashing religion, even jokingly.

But when religion is portrayed in a positive light, people get up in arms. Just recently I read on Yahoo that some cartoon called Veggie Tales was going to be aired on NBC, but that they edited out much of the religious content so as not to offend non-Christians.

Seems like a total double standard. People can bash religion all they want, even if they are just joking, but God forbid somebody put on a show that portrays religion in a positive light. It just seems like people are totally fine with mocking religion, but hate it when somebody tried to promote religion positively.

Very funny, but it does bring up a gripe I have. Now, I know he was only being satirical, but he does blast religion in general as being completely and utterly stupid. Now, he can say whatever he wants, 1st Ammendment. The thing that gets me is that nobody cares that he is bashing religion, even jokingly.

But when religion is portrayed in a positive light, people get up in arms. Just recently I read on Yahoo that some cartoon called Veggie Tales was going to be aired on NBC, but that they edited out much of the religious content so as not to offend non-Christians.

Seems like a total double standard. People can bash religion all they want, even if they are just joking, but God forbid somebody put on a show that portrays religion in a positive light. It just seems like people are totally fine with mocking religion, but hate it when somebody tried to promote religion positively.

i never red in the bible that we werent able to make shows that mock religion...

(i know just joking) altough i do think free speech comes to mind...and dont forget...its true what he says...but you seem a by-the-book kinda guy there

They're putting Veggie Tales on TV? wtf?

My friends mom was always really religious, I had to watch that crap when I was over at his house. It's so damn stupid. I don't see how they can edit out religious content, they take stories from the bible and re-create them with 3D vegetables. Take out the religious content and you don't even have anything to show.

Aaaaanywho, I agree with Seth on that one. I see no reason for religion but thats just for me personally. I understand why others like it or need it but to me, religion is just incredibly facetious.

i never red in the bible that we werent able to make shows that mock religion...

(i know just joking) altough i do think free speech comes to mind...and dont forget...its true what he says...but you seem a by-the-book kinda guy there

I am by no means a by the book kinda guy. Aside from going to church on Sundays, I wouldn't describe myself as a religious person. I do have strong beliefs that were influenced by religion, but I have decided for myself what I believe in and what I do not. I don't believe anything simply because my church tells me to.

I am not saying that he shouldn't be allowed to say what he said. I am saying there is a double standard in today's society. People have almost a free ride to mock religion, I see it all the time. I don't like that, but I accept it. What I refuse to accept is that while people can mock religion, religion is less and less shown in a positive light. Why is it more socially acceptable to bash religion than it is to support it? There are far more people who believe in religion than do not, so why is it so bad to promote religion in positive ways?

My friends mom was always really religious, I had to watch that crap when I was over at his house. It's so damn stupid. I don't see how they can edit out religious content, they take stories from the bible and re-create them with 3D vegetables. Take out the religious content and you don't even have anything to show.

I haven't watched the shows for myself, but from what I have read, they edited out all direct references to God. Basically, I guess they take the biblical stories and make them secular. No idea how they can manage that with Bible stories, but they apparently did. The Veggie Tales creator has said that had he known NBC was going to edit the shows like they have, he would not have signed a deal to show his program on the network.

religion was never meant to be positive. It only divides people. Its a form of brain wash that wants people to 'feel' good about themselves. Meanwhile the people telling you what to do are lying hypocrites but then when the tables are turned the deny. hmmm yet they tell us to come clean but when its time for them to admit there wrong doings they lift there noses.

I always see a lot of cats as well. Like that whole Mean Girls thing (if you haven't seen the movie, you probably have no idea what I'm talking about).

:D

My friend was a cat. B)

one of my best friends when i was younger...Guitar partner also...got totally brainwashed by his father upon the divorce with his mother...he felt bad leaving his father and was weak....it started with the little things...not aloud to go out on saturday...taking days off on new moons...cause "god says so"...heck when i lived in a appartement with my girlfriend ( im a movie freak and i collect alot of movie based stuff, 18inch figurines of freddy krugger and all i have about 15 of them, and star wars movie posters etc,etc) and slowly he woulndt come over anymore cause he would claim that i would have false idols...man he really lost it...he gave away all his belongings etc etc...next his when i try to talk to him man-o a man-o he tells me shit like its the satan or whatever in me thats trying to lure him back into not beleaving in god and the holy way....also when he gets drunk he becomes his old self ( which i find hilarious) but he dosent drink that much anymore cause he always comes up with escuses ...ahhhh all in all....i just think that back then people were more naive then nowadays...i mean imagine if David Blaine would of been in that era?? we would probebly be worshiping him !! lol

Edited by habs_in_the_blood

religion was never meant to be positive. It only divides people. Its a form of brain wash that wants people to 'feel' good about themselves. Meanwhile the people telling you what to do are lying hypocrites but then when the tables are turned the deny. hmmm yet they tell us to come clean but when its time for them to admit there wrong doings they lift there noses.

I'll continue the conversation once you gain some understanding about religion. That paragraph simply proves you've fallen victim to anti-religious culture that is spreading in this country. You focus on the negatives and the cult-like groups that claim to be God's chosen ones. You completely ignore the good that comes from religion. People who find God and turn their lives into something meaningful. The work that churches do for the poor. And church leaders denying everything? Do you know anything about Pope John Paul II? Apparently not, given the fact that on countless occassions he went out of his way to admit when the Catholic Church has been wrong.

Sure, there are bad apples among religious leaders, but don't be foolish. Those are the minority who make the news, because as we all know, bad news is good news. Yes, religion can be a dangerous thing when people follow something blindly. But when people know what the believe in and why they believe in it, then religion is a great thing. It's a place for people with common beliefs to come together to make themselves better and to make the world better.

Anyways, let's just drop this. This a random thread, not a religious debate thread.

I'll continue the conversation once you gain some understanding about religion. That paragraph simply proves you've fallen victim to anti-religious culture that is spreading in this country. You focus on the negatives and the cult-like groups that claim to be God's chosen ones. You completely ignore the good that comes from religion. People who find God and turn their lives into something meaningful. The work that churches do for the poor. And church leaders denying everything? Do you know anything about Pope John Paul II? Apparently not, given the fact that on countless occassions he went out of his way to admit when the Catholic Church has been wrong.

Sure, there are bad apples among religious leaders, but don't be foolish. Those are the minority who make the news, because as we all know, bad news is good news. Yes, religion can be a dangerous thing when people follow something blindly. But when people know what the believe in and why they believe in it, then religion is a great thing. It's a place for people with common beliefs to come together to make themselves better and to make the world better.

Anyways, let's just drop this. This a random thread, not a religious debate thread.

LOL LOL LOL LOL

I'm sorry no understanding of religion?! WoW okay.

Lets go down the list.

Dad is an organist at church

My Uncle is a Pastor

My cousin is a Pastor

My other cousin is a Pastor

Yeah sure I know NOTHING about religion. please.

My great aunt is catholic her late husband was lutheran at the FUNERAL the pastor beraites Catholics calling them basically idiots. My great aunt and her three daughters who happen to be catholics are sitting in the front row.

My Uncle who's a lutheran pastor almost got excommunicated because he was deemed 'too liberal' by the church for giving comunion to me and my family who happen to be the other more progressive lutheran church that split from the idiots back in the 70's.

My mother bapisted, confirmed, married in her church growing up can't have communion there because she doesn't belong to that Lutheran church group (LCMS).

My cousin couldn't get married in the church he grew up in, the church he was baptised in, confirmed in and so on because he was living with his girlfriend now his wife. They wouldn't even baptise his baby he had a year ago.

Now these are the same people who berate catholics, call muslims 'turban heads' and terrorists, and hindu's goofy freaks. Now this is all in a sermon I've witnessed.

SO, yeah I know NOTHING about Religion. Please, I grew up in it. I went to lutheran high school that practice hated, then went to a goofy catholic high school that contridicted itself.

Ah huh, yup I know nothing.

I know a thing or 2 about churches.

You see, there's like a church on every street corner in Montreal. I believe the famous saying was something like...

"If you through a stone in any direction, you're guaranteed to break a church window."

I know that's not the exact quote... and I'm not sure who said it, but always liked it.

Yeah, that's all I really know about churches. :D