Nothing To Do With Anything

Trizzak

Two days ago was the start of spring. To 'celebrate,' we got 3 inches of snow. Overnight, we got another 6 inches of snow. Is it just me or does spring look an awful lot like winter?

44548338.jpg

• Upvote 1

• 2 months later...

Just trying to spread the word about the book my friend published online. It's a collection of 8 short stories. The genre is primarily fantasy, with a little bit of a sci-fi feel as well. I definitely recommend it, and not just because the author is a friend, haha. I really did enjoy it. If you're interested, the links below are for the US and Canadian Amazon pages for the book. Bonus - he's selling for 99 cents!

http://www.amazon.com/Dawn-World-Shapers-Christopher-Adams-ebook/dp/B00K1GXGUO/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1402020752&sr=8-2&keywords=Christopher+adams

http://www.amazon.ca/Dawn-World-Shapers-Christopher-Adams-ebook/dp/B00K1GXGUO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1402021038&sr=8-1&keywords=Christopher+adams

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Didn't know where to post this, doesn't really deserve its own thread..

Interesting study (with up to date infos) about taxes paid by NHL hockey players depending where they play.

http://www.taxpayer.com/media/CTF-HomeIceDisadvantage.pdf

Didn't know where to post this, doesn't really deserve its own thread..

Interesting study (with up to date infos) about taxes paid by NHL hockey players depending where they play.

http://www.taxpayer.com/media/CTF-HomeIceDisadvantage.pdf

i knew about the 3 lowest and montreal being the highest, but was surprised about how the California teams tax rates are.

Interesting. So why/how are the tax rates in Alberta that much lower than Quebec?

I'm surprised that their tax rates are even lower than Florida. We don't have state income taxes. At one time there was discussion about moving the Boston Bruins to my hometown of Salem, NH. If they did that, the Bruins would have the lowest tax rate for sure. My town taxes were 10 bucks a year and we don't have sales or income taxes.

http://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=2457&dat=19810116&id=v3I-AAAAIBAJ&sjid=3VkMAAAAIBAJ&pg=5429,469944

In Nova Scotia we are the highest taxed province. We pay up to $1.50 more per gallon of gas than Alberta. We pay 15% on everything we buy, and have to pay taxes on everything including water and sewer, and it's basically to fund the 1% that have 99% of the wealth, oh yeah, and to support special interest groups and minorities that refuse to support themselves...

But Canada is awesome....

Interesting. So why/how are the tax rates in Alberta that much lower than Quebec?

I'm surprised that their tax rates are even lower than Florida. We don't have state income taxes. At one time there was discussion about moving the Boston Bruins to my hometown of Salem, NH. If they did that, the Bruins would have the lowest tax rate for sure. My town taxes were 10 bucks a year and we don't have sales or income taxes.

http://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=2457&dat=19810116&id=v3I-AAAAIBAJ&sjid=3VkMAAAAIBAJ&pg=5429,469944

Because they just don't have any provincial tax. They actually temporary run on a huuuuge petroleum market, mainly Oil Sands (google that just for fun) and make TOOONS of money from that. Maybe it should be noted that this is one of the most polluting field of activity in the world... but people from Alberta don't really believe this anyway...

Because they just don't have any provincial tax. They actually temporary run on a huuuuge petroleum market, mainly Oil Sands (google that just for fun) and make TOOONS of money from that. Maybe it should be noted that this is one of the most polluting field of activity in the world... but people from Alberta don't really believe this anyway...

Just to clear this up, Alberta has no provincial sales tax, but it does have provincial income tax, but it is lower than the other provinces.

Just to clear this up, Alberta has no provincial sales tax, but it does have provincial income tax, but it is lower than the other provinces.

Much lower. I work for Employment Insurance and claimant from Alberta don't pay any provincial tax on their benefits. As opposed to claimants from other provinces.

That doesn't sound very sustainable, but it's nice to see governments turn surpluses into tax cuts.

Our taxes our lower because residents actually have to pay for most services like a university education. The tuition fees i paid while in university 18 years ago, is about what quebec residents pay now. AB also pays transfer payments to quebec - despite our lower taxes.

So are you saying you don't need oil and ride a bicycle for transport?

Our taxes our lower because residents actually have to pay for most services like a university education. The tuition fees i paid while in university 18 years ago, is about what quebec residents pay now. AB also pays transfer payments to quebec - despite our lower taxes.

Absolutely not. Just saying that the oil created in Alberta is one of the most harmful for the environment. It's common knowledge that it requires WAY too much water. Ratio is 2 to 5 barrels of water to create 1 barrel of oil.

But if you want to talk about electric cars...

Much lower. I work for Employment Insurance and claimant from Alberta don't pay any provincial tax on their benefits. As opposed to claimants from other provinces.

I was not aware of that, they definitely have an Alberta advantage.

Well in Alberta there is no monthly health care costs like in bc of many other provinces. I think overall it is cheaper to live in Alberta than the other Canadian provinces. I just don't like winter so southern bc it is.

• 8 months later...

So my hometown (Penetanguishene, ON) is hosting a big event next weekend, Rendez-Vous Champlain. Locally, they've been talking about how this is getting all sorts of hype in Quebec (apparently their premier is supposed to be in attendance as is Ontario's). I'm kind of curious, have any of our Quebec posters heard anything about this?

So my hometown (Penetanguishene, ON) is hosting a big event next weekend, Rendez-Vous Champlain. Locally, they've been talking about how this is getting all sorts of hype in Quebec (apparently their premier is supposed to be in attendance as is Ontario's). I'm kind of curious, have any of our Quebec posters heard anything about this?

Pretty cool event. Probably kind of unique one too. Didn't hear about it before. Maybe it's getting some hype in cities closer to Ontario though...

• 10 months later...

Seems that William Mccomb, a writer on 'awinninghabit' website, is doing quite a bit of typing. Everytime I check website it seems he has another OK write up on some Hab topic or other and starting to see more links on HabsWorld to his blogs (if that is proper term, for the writers out there?) lately.

Just never noticed that website much before is all.