Letter to Mr Gillet

CoRvInA

Good Show Trizzak

My 2 cents ...

add somewhere " 24 7" (where we discuss our beloved canadiens) ( so as to show our dedication ) ( or waste of time) ;)

And the last part lets add a little more personal responsability .... meaning like

Despite the ....da da da pleased with the overall direction the team is heading (under ur wing) or ( with your guidance) etc whatever you guys think is best ... lets not make it look like he's just the caretaker or valet of the habs he's the freakin owner! Remember

But its a great start and appreciate the initiative Trizzak youve launched the machinery now lets get this done and send it before it gets drowned under thousand of other Xmas cards

:ghg:

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Greeting Mr Gillet,

Don't worry, this isn't a petition. The below listed members of Habsworld.net (Us 50 few representing just under 1000) would like to thank you for your contributions towards building a team that we feel is regaining the high level of performance the Canadiens have always been associated with in the past. We'd like to let you know that we appreciate your dedication to the team and feel that you have done your best to make the players feel comfortable.

With nearly 1000 members from all over the world gathering together to discuss our beloved Canadiens, Habsworld.net is a growing community of fans discussing, debating, cheering and jeering all things Habs.

Despite the team's recent troubles, most of the members are pleased with the overall direction the team is heading (and we suspect the few who aren't are covertly Maple Leaf fans) and we wish to show you our appreciation with this letter. Please keep up the great work!

GO HABS GO

*50 member names - real names (if desired) - country (if desired)

I added a sentence:bow: Did I ruin it?;)

Originally posted by Tony

Who the hell objected? :| :(

Unless it was George himself it really isn't any of my concern. :P

Seriously though, maybe George won't care at all. oh well. I still think it's a good idea to thank him.

Originally posted by Trizzak
Originally posted by spathe

Here is an auto-updated list of the members with their location who have posted in this thread. May be useful...

http://www.habsworld.net/thread_participants.php

You're the Habworld Architect?!

matrix.gif

Why am I here?

Your life is the sum of a remainder of an unbalanced equation inherent to the schedule of the Canadiens. You are the eventuality of an anomaly, which, despite my sincerest efforts, I have been unable to eliminate from what is otherwise a harmony of mathematical precision. While it remains a burden assiduously avoided, it is not unexpected, and thus not beyond a measure of control. Which has led you, inexorably... here.

Here is an auto-updated list of the members with their location who have posted in this thread. May be useful...

matrix.gif

Why am I here?

Your life is the sum of a remainder of an unbalanced equation inherent to the schedule of the Canadiens. You are the eventuality of an anomaly, which, despite my sincerest efforts, I have been unable to eliminate from what is otherwise a harmony of mathematical precision. While it remains a burden assiduously avoided, it is not unexpected, and thus not beyond a measure of control. Which has led you, inexorably... here.

You haven't answered my question.

matrix.gif

Why am I here?

You haven't answered my question.

Quite right. Interesting. That was quicker than the others.

I'm in (I've been away for a few days).

Here is a suggested redraft. I've tried to make it less about our being pleased with the Habs current record and more about how classy we think he is. Of course you should feel free to slag my changes.

Greeting Mr Gillet,

Don't worry, this isn't a petition. This letter is the result of a survey taken on Habsworld.net. The below listed members of Habsworld.net (We 50 few representing just under 1000 members) would like to thank you for your contributions towards building a team that we feel is regaining the high level of performance the Canadiens have always been associated with in the past. We'd like to let you know that we appreciate your dedication to the team and feel that you have done your best to make the players and their families feel comfortable.

With nearly 1000 members from all over the world gathering together to discuss our beloved Canadiens, Habsworld.net is a growing community of fans discussing, debating, cheering and jeering all things Habs.

The large majority of HabsWorld members are pleased with the direction the team is heading (and we suspect the few who aren't are covertly Maple Leaf fans). We also want to express our appreciation for the dignified and honourable standard you have set. It's great to have you as the Habs owner.

GO HABS GO

*50 member names - real names (if desired) - country (if desired)

[Edited on 2005/12/14 by Peter Puck]

[Edited on 2005/12/14 by Peter Puck]

I don't want to sound like a kill joy or anything so go easy on me; but I told him close to the same thing in 03/04 rookie camp in Pierrefonds [not as long but roughly the same] and he was quick to deflect anything nice said about it to Bob Gainey, Claude Julien, Trevor Timmins and Andre Savard who were all standing near by.

"It has nothing to do with me, its all these guys."

I don't mean to imply that this will go unappreciated by Mr. Gillet because it isn't his style, I would sign this letter as well. Just don't expect him to accept any credit for himself, he doesn't seem to think he has anything to do with the success of the team. His job as he puts it is "to continue the tradition and history of the franchise" which is one and the same.