Apr 16, Flames at Canadiens, 6:00 PM

tomh009

1060928394.jpg.0.jpg&f=1&nofb=1
9c4d4298-f734-4450-a4f8-04867c1d5717.jpg https://content.sportslogos.net/logos/1/16/full/4231_montreal_canadiens-jersey-2000.png

Gaudreau - Lindholm - Tkachuk
Mangiapane - Monahan - Dube
Lucic - Backlund - Nordstrom
Leivo - Ryan - Ritchie

Giordano - Tanev
Hanifin - Andersson
Valimaki - Stone

Markstrom

Tatar - Danault - Byron
Drouin - Kotkaniemi - Anderson
Toffoli - Suzuki - Armia
Lehkonen - Staal - Perry

Chiarot - Weber
Edmundson - Petry
Romanov - Kulak

Allen

• tomh009 changed the title to Apr 16, Flames at Canadiens, 6:00 PM

I am glad we didn’t sell the farm with Chiarot back playing quicker than a new player would have cleared COVID protocol

Now let’s see how he does

let’s get a winning streak going !

• Upvote 1

Welcome back Ben "Max Pacioretty" Chiarot! 😄

Never thought I'd be excited to see Chiarot, TBH, but the D needs help in a big way, and he is unlikely to hurt, that's for sure.

21 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Never thought I'd be excited to see Chiarot, TBH, but the D needs help in a big way, and he is unlikely to hurt, that's for sure.

I have to believe that he will help Weber in a big way.

33 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

I have to believe that he will help Weber in a big way.

Fresh legs, good. Ouellette, bad. Neeeed.... Caufield,  unh, must.... clear......cap space....

Habs smash puny Flames!!!

Why oh why do they always seem to accept passes from each other when in the offensive zone?

Personally, I cant wait to see Gustafsson play.  Somebody has to show them what a 1 timer is and he'll be their huckleberry.     

Another tough one so far for Weber handling the puck.  At some point you have to wonder if there's an injury.  I know he's getting older but I don't think the steep decline in his passing is just age-related.

6 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Powerplay to start next period.

What was the penalty?

I'm probably watching a different feed, but their goalie was complaining because there was interference from Perry.  If that shot had gone in they would have contested it and won. 

3 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

Another tough one so far for Weber handling the puck.  At some point you have to wonder if there's an injury.  I know he's getting older but I don't think the steep decline in his passing is just age-related.

I wonder this too. Weber’s play is miles below what it was last year so much so that you have to wonder if his knee/ankle is still not right

1 minute ago, Sir_Boagalott said:

What was the penalty?

I'm probably watching a different feed, but their goalie was complaining because there was interference from Perry.  If that shot had gone in they would have contested it and won. 

The hook by Tkachuk on Armia with 15 seconds left.

Its too bad the goalie and Perry aren't mic'd.  I wonder what they are saying to each other?  On that 1 play the goalie seemed pissed off, but during the commercial break as they both skated to the bench he was smiling and they said something else to each other. 

Just now, dlbalr said:

That was far from a good period and the Habs should consider themselves fortunate to not be losing, let alone holding a 1-0 lead.

Well, I view that as a good period, only because the Flames could have scored numerous goals, but didn't.