Who should be in the backup spot for The Habs

blaze53

So here I am again this time im questioning the Montreal Canadiens' goaltending. Who do you think should be in the backup spot after José Theodore?

:hlogo::que::ghg::can::hlogo:

I haven't seen Huet play yet, so I'm not ready to compare him to Danis. I will say that Danis did a great job in the role, and the team seems to be comfortable with him in nets, well, except for the Caps game that Saturday night when they hung him out to dry.

Danis should be playing as many games as possible. It is highly unlikely he would get much action behind Theodore. Allow Danis to grow and improve to starter quality in the Minors so maybe one day he will have #1 starter value if they ever want to move him.

Huet the backup. I'm looking forward at Huet playing his first game in a Habs jersey. He's a good goalie, no doubt, but how will he handle the pressure that comes with playing here in Montréal? Here's hoping he doesn't choke. Hoping all goes well. That would be best for Huet, Théo and little Danis.

Originally posted by Mark Napier

Huet of course. That's why they got him.  He's a proven NHL goalie.  It's a no brainer....next!

You said it, Marko... that's the way it should be until Huet shows that he's not up to the task.

:hlogo::ghg::hlogo:

Originally posted by Macaskill

Huet because that's what he's paid to do.... Danis and Price are to get all the playing time they can in the minors and juniors.

My thought exactly, why let Danis sit on the bench when is could play almost every game in the minors. Let Huet sit and play once in a while.