Apr 17, Senators at Canadiens, 4:00 PM

tomh009

https://cdn.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/XkPzmCeJu6twwBHUBWqNrF-c9qs=/0x0:3000x1818/1200x800/filters:focal(1260x669:1740x1149)/cdn.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_image/image/57378199/654986206.0.jpg
Ottawa Senators Primary Logo - National Hockey League (NHL ... https://content.sportslogos.net/logos/1/16/full/4231_montreal_canadiens-jersey-2000.png

Tkachuk - Norris - Batherson
Stutzle - White - Dzingel
Paul - Tierney - Dadonov
Formenton - Pinto - Brown

Chabot - Zaitsev
Brannstrom - Zub
Mete - Brown

Murray

Tatar - Danault - Byron
Toffoli - Suzuki - Armia
Drouin - Kotkaniemi - Anderson
Lehkonen - Staal - Perry

Chiarot - Weber
Edmundson - Petry
Romanov - Kulak

Price

• Upvote 1

• tomh009 changed the title to Apr 17, Senators at Canadiens, 4:00 PM
2 hours ago, TheDriveFor25 said:

Bold prediction: Two hattys as Andy and Armia each get three

What about Taffoli. Let’s keep his scoring streak going!

Jezus ####ing christ! 2-0...Not like we're gonna have the legs in the 3rd period to come back!

We might make the playoffs, but I don't thing we're gonna last long...especially if we have to play the Leafs in the 1st round!

What Are we waiting for to bench Drouin for a game...and maybe ask Weber to take a game to rest!?

I'm frustrated right now, but I think that this summer might be the best time to trade Price while he still has some value. Go with Allen and Primeau next year!

2 goals on 10 shots! 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Habsfan said:

I'm frustrated right now, but I think that this summer might be the best time to trade Price while he still has some value. Go with Allen and Primeau next year!

In a cap-strapped market, this is not an ideal time to try to move the most expensive goaltending contract in league history.  They'd be selling for pennies on the dollar at best.

On that last power play, even when they had the puck in the offensive zone, not one of them even looked at the net with the idea of trying to shoot the puck.  They were more interested in trying to see how many passes in a row they could complete.  That's categorically unacceptable.

Price? He had 2 weeks off, the team hasn;t scored. 

Sure he gave up a softie but you can;t win if you don't score. 

They won twice when Price was out, i wouldn't jump all over the allen train 

5 minutes ago, Trizzak said:

Just me screaming into a void again that playing the same lineup on the second day of a back-to-back is dumb, and not leaving yourself the roster flexibility to do it is even dumber.

Very good point!

4 minutes ago, Trizzak said:

Just me screaming into a void again that playing the same lineup on the second day of a back-to-back is dumb, and not leaving yourself the roster flexibility to do it is even dumber.

dlblair has explained that any roster change uses up their last non-emergency recall for the rest of the season ... so whoever is added replaces the player leaving for the rest off the season ... absent emergency situations

3 minutes ago, Trizzak said:

They've boxed themselves into it but they have one recall left.  They can't shuffle them back and forth like they could early in the year.  They'll have the flexibility to do it with the defence in a few days at least once they get out West. 

If they opted to not add anyone at the deadline, they could have afforded to keep Evans up at least but they would have still been in a situation where Ouellet or Leskinen would have to play if any of their top-six D got injured.  Neither were ideal scenarios but that's the cost of spending to the cap at the start of the season.

6 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

In a cap-strapped market, this is not an ideal time to try to move the most expensive goaltending contract in league history.  They'd be selling for pennies on the dollar at best.

On that last power play, even when they had the puck in the offensive zone, not one of them even looked at the net with the idea of trying to shoot the puck.  They were more interested in trying to see how many passes in a row they could complete.  That's categorically unacceptable.

The Habs are rich enough to pay for a portion of his salary (ie: 25%)  ;)

1 hour ago, Commandant said:

A 4pm start after a 6pm start, with the Sens rested, is stupid scheduling.

Agreed ... its not even like it had to be at 4:00 because of a HNIC triple header