Hossa back to old self

hankhab

It seems Marcel Hossa has been a healthy scratch for the Rangers the last couple of games...so I guess all the whiners can stop crapping on Gainey for the Murray swap for awhile. As Gainey identifies prospects he feels won't work out, he'll drop them...as he did when he first sent Hainsey down (he might not have wanted to lose Hainsey exactly when he did though) and when he traded for Kovalov. The simple fact is, prospects don't allways work out.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah that was a no brainer as far as I was concerned. I knew from the minute he got traded that we would never miss him. He may have a little talent but the guy has no heart. He'll never make any sort of impact in the NHL. I still think Hainsey may make a servicable defenseman but not a huge loss by any stretch. I wish that Hainsey had stayed with the team and they sent Streit to the dogs after preseason and I expressed that at the time. Hopefully Streit can still come around and make it a non-issue but my hope for Streit is really low. Hainsey should of been our 7th defenseman with a chance of moving up in the ranks to 5th or 6th after some NHL time which he has never had.

By the way, I also predicted this team would take a slide because they weren't really as good as thier record indicated. I said they were very lucky to have the record they did considering all their one goal wins. This slide started with the loss of one guy; Kovalev. A top team doesn't self destruct because one player gets injured. This seemed obvious to me but I got blasted for saying this but now guess who was right. You don't remember that either?

Originally posted by Mark Napier

No actually there were quite a few guys on here crying and moaning over the loss of Hossa.  Wow you don't remember that...lay off the pipe then.

It seems you're a little sensitive. My comment had nothing to do with yours, and was just a response to the main idea behind the thread: that Hossa has disappeared. IMO, anybody could, or should, have been able to predict that (as I and others did too, I might add). That's not to say everybody did, but we all view things differently.

So might I suggest that you take a break from patting yourself on the back and realize it's not all about you?

while were on the subject... Hainsey got less than 6 minutes of play yesterday 2 minor penalties No Blocked shots no hits NADA!! ... meaning he pretty much got benched the rest of the game! Some of his D's played 30 min! and by the way Hainsey was used in the PP PK and at even strength!

As one of the people who was pissed off with the Hossa trade( not whining, I was bitching, moaning and complaining) I was upset that Bob wasn't able to get more because Hossa had a good camp and still had(has) some of the mythical upside that scouts like to talk about.

I wasn't concerned that Hossa was going to set the world on fire for New York, but I wondered then and still wonder now if Murray will ever make a contribution to the Habs.

Hossa is still on the roster of a pretty good Rags team while Murray was nailed to the bench in his emergency "debut" in MTL and is back in Hamilton, presumably for good.

[Edited on 2005/12/9 by PMAC]

The Hossa trade was not amazing but he needed to go.

Bob and Claude identified something wrong with him and got what they could for him. I don’t think too much more could have been attained.

ANd Murray is doing an awesome job with Hamilton ... He's got the A already and is a leading figure on and off the ice ... Dont care if it takes a Perrenial AHL to do this job... But its a DAMN darn Crucial one ( Nanny ) that will push and help these guys do their best ... !!!

It's funny that you guys are all giving me shit for saying I was right about Hossa AND the fact that the Habs have slipped way down the standings. You were probably the same guys who flamed me for saying that this team wasn't good enough to be considered anything better than a 6th place team in the east even when they were on top of the league. Seems I can't win no matter what I say.

Oh well, I'm comforted by the fact I was right and all you cheer leaders were dead wrong. I was the only one ( or at least one of the few) with guts enough to say this team was in no way good enough to be in the position they were in. They were lucky plain and simple and one injury, even to a key player, shouldn't turn a team from a top contender into loser. Before someone starts griping about all the other injuries and suspensions remember, this team was well on it's slide before any of that happened and Kovalev was the only one out. One goal games and overtime winners have a lot of luck involved in them and we got the breaks in those games. Regardless of what the majority here may say, this team was very lucky. But luck has a way of turning and so it has. Kovalev himself said they were very lucky to be in the position they were in the standings way back when but I guess some guys here know better than him. I guess the past month has been a real reality check for some of you while others like myself know this is basically the same team that was grasping at straws trying to make the playoffs before kovalev arrived.

If these things make me unpopular so be it. Guess I'm not a band wagon jumper. So sue me. Never been one for optimistic fantasies. Just logical reality and a carefull examination of the facts are what my opinions are based on. Cheerleading ain't my thing.........

Cheerleading ain't my thing.........

Neither is modesty it would seem. Nobody is "against you" other than your current "everybody in the world is stupid but me" rant.

Dude, the vast majority of people here, as I recall, always said the habs were not a first place team at all -they were simply happy with the early success. Not the same thing. Btw, the current slump is not the "real worth" of the habs either. It's in between.

Hossa, some people liked, some people less. But again as I recall, nobody thought it was the end of the world to lose Hossa...more of a why did we move him now and is there other players that should have been moved in his place. Again not the same thing. Anyway, it was a minor trade. Hainsey was a minor trade. It doesn't really matter, especially if discussions are going to be taken out of context and greatly generalized and misinterpreted.

Don't take things so personal. I've enjoyed your posts over time. Nothing should be made or viewed as personal attacks. Discussions really aren't centered on you. Lots of people said what you said. Lots of people might have said otherwise. Whatever. Keep it zen man:)

I'll definitely give you your props Mark Napier, you certainly predicted the recent slump. But I still don't think we know how good this team is. Even when the team was winning those crazy come-from-behind 1 goal games, there were still guys not playing to 100% of their abilities because of injuries (Bonk, evidentally), inconsistency (Souray) or both (Théo). Theoretically, the team could have played even better than they did in the first 10-15 games. Then again, some guys might have been playing over and above their abilities (Rivet maybe?)

I don't think we'll know how good this team is until February. That probably goes for every team in the NHL (except for maybe St. Louis - they will be rubbish in February too).

Well rooster if you want to dredge up all my old posts, you will see that I was ridiculed by some because I said this team had been lucky and that we were in no way as good as the standings suggested. I was called negative and basically told I knew nothing about hockey. I don't have the patience to look this up but I invite you to do it. My comments are directed at those people.

To option, you say you don't know how good this team is but that is where we differ. This is a 5th to 7th place team in the east. If Kovalev is in the lineup and Theo is playing as well has he can, it's a team that could really upset a lot of other teams and make a good run at the cup. But for this to happen the stars have to align up just right and of course injuries have to be kept at a minimum. So at best this team is an outside contender at worst a first round exit. There is no mystery to me what this team is and I know exactly what to expect from it.

Again the (GREY AREA) people the world aint just black or white!

it aint like all those one goal games and coming from behind were all won from a lucky rebound or a stupid mistake from the opponents goalie!

we all saw our team turn up the gas in the last 10 min and "massacre" the other team etc.. and yes many of us saw that was GREAT and also SCARY! Oh yeah! No shit thats not the best way to get a win! but it worked! Kovalev also said were playing with a playoff spirit giving it all .... and thats Psychological.. and when its "Crazy mind game like" then YES one key player gone can make a whole lot of difference! Now you'll ask me if I preffer that? NOO of course not we all want a team that is bullet proof at all times but to say that we SUCK is again going extreme to the either black or white mentality again

Well rooster if you want to dredge up all my old posts, you will see that I was ridiculed by some because I said this team had been lucky and that we were in no way as good as the standings suggested.  I was called negative and basically told I knew nothing about hockey.  I don't have the patience to look this up but I invite you to do it.  My comments are directed at those people.

No prob. I've enjoyed your comments on this board. Just thought today was a bit defensive. No biggy.

Originally posted by CoRvInA

Again the  (GREY AREA) people   the world aint just black or white!

Grey is dull. We want answers. You are either with us or against us! Sorry about that, what you say is true.

I just feel that the Habs are a good, young but fragile team that is a couple puzzle pieces away from being very good and solid. Great teams are not built over night. I feel the Habs CAN become a serious contender in upcomming years if those pieces are put in place properly. That is good news. That hasn't been the case for many years.

Nostradamus or Napier whatever you prefer to be known as, my applause to you for predicting the recent slump, it was truly a good call. Can you predict a long winning streak next?

I believe this team will be a playoff team as well. Without a plethora of injuries this Canadiens club could finish anywhere from 4-8th in the east. If Theodore can play consistently and the Canadiens can find 5 or 6 players to contribute offensively every single night this team could be a dark horse for the cup. Although I don’t believe they are ready for this success just yet they have come a long way since the 90s.

GO HABS GO

Originally posted by Rooster

No prob.  I've enjoyed your comments on this board.  Just thought today was a bit defensive.  No biggy.

I feel I have to be defensive considering what has happened. I actually stopped posting here for a couple of weeks because I was insulted by certain people who totally discounted what I was saying. I feel vindicated now. I had yet to comment on the teams drop in the standings and how I had said it would happen but comments directed at me earlier in this thread pushed me into saying this. I didn't want to come off with a "I told you so" type of attitude but I also felt I had to defend myself. I want this team to do as well as anyone but not at the price of going around with rose coloured glasses pretending that the Habs are better than they really are.