April 19, Canadiens @ Oilers - 9PM EST

TurdBurglar

5 minutes ago, TurdBurglar said:

Price done for the night.

That shot by Draisaitl high on Price, on his left side (neck/collarbone/shoulder) looked nasty ... ***IF*** he is injured and has to miss time the only good thing would be I think they could use an emergency call-up to bring back Primeau rather than using the final call-up ... unless there is a game limit on those (i.e., after "X" games it becomes a regular call-up)

How often will we ever see McDavid muff a chance like that?

Allen's aura is powerful.

46 minutes ago, sbhatt said:

KK has to bury that...there is no exuse for missing as badly as he did.

Hey at least it was at a 2-0 flub!! How likely is that to happen to Mcdavid!

24 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

That shot by Draisaitl high on Price, on his left side (neck/collarbone/shoulder) looked nasty ... ***IF*** he is injured and has to miss time the only good thing would be I think they could use an emergency call-up to bring back Primeau rather than using the final call-up ... unless there is a game limit on those (i.e., after "X" games it becomes a regular call-up)

Its an emergency callup, but he needs to be sent back down when Price is healthy. 

The issue is that if Primeau is called up, they can't use their last callup until Price is healthy and he is sent back down, as they don't have the cap space to carry both Primeau and the callup.

How many consecutive minutes does McDavid play?? He was on the ice for almost the entire last two PP’s. Allen is channeling the Roy gotta be good to be lucky!

1 minute ago, hab29RETIRED said:

How many consecutive minutes does McDavid play?? He was on the ice for almost the entire last two PP’s. Allen is channeling the Roy gotta be good to be lucky!

McDavid's effort was insane on that PP.  That was wild when skated hard and ate the end boards so he could knock the puck back out towards the front of the net. 

Just now, Sir_Boagalott said:

McDavid's effort was insane on that PP.  That was wild when skated hard and ate the end boards so he could knock the puck back out towards the front of the net. 

Yeah.  I can’t remember the last time the habs had a player with that kind of EFFORT, let alone skill.

22 minutes ago, Sir_Boagalott said:

Nice play by Perry.    It was about time Staal scored another one.  It would have been better if he got that with his stick, but w/e.

Got as many as Drouin in like 40 less games 

Leading after 2, the incredible M. Stall finds a way to score

Looked to me like the old Stall :) around the net and burying his chances

I like that the Habs are keeping up in physical and fast-skating game 

51 minutes ago, TurdBurglar said:

These Edmonton play-by-play guys are horrible.  They claimed the McDavid goal wasn’t goalie interference.  They were immediately wrong.  They keep showing Oilers interfering with Canadien players, calling it a good hockey plays.

Jack Michaels has a reputation for being a homer.

36 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

Yes, it qualifies as an emergency recall.  There is a limit on those in terms of allowable games but in that situation, you'd just flip goalies and have someone else come up.

11 minutes ago, Commandant said:

The issue is that if Primeau is called up, they can't use their last callup until Price is healthy and he is sent back down, as they don't have the cap space to carry both Primeau and the callup.

If they put McNiven or Lindgren instead of Primeau, that'd give them some more wiggle room.  And they can get a cap-exempt recall for a goalie easier than for a skater if it came to that.  And even with Primeau, they have enough room to recall a 13th forward, just not Caufield.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Trizzak said:

Toffoli took a crosschecking penalty at the end of that period. Habs will get burned eventually.

Their last two penalty kills have felt like them just hanging on for dear life.  That's not a viable plan against McDavid and Draisaitl.

5 minutes ago, hab29RETIRED said:

Yeah.  I can’t remember the last time the habs had a player with that kind of EFFORT, let alone skill.

McDavid skated so hard to get to that puck it was almost as if he didnt know the boards were there because he face planted himself right into the glass.  After the impact he fell to 1 knee and it looked similar to the guy Romy hit earlier.  I almost wont be surprised if McDavid is out of the game with a concussion. 

Wow, starting with Edmunsdon getting the puck high off the glass it got super intense for several minutes.  Too bad the Habs didnt score.  They've been having some serious freakish luck this game.  They should score the next one and win.