Habs @ Oil 10pm

Best 55 minutes they have played in over a month. 

Just waive Drouin already, Caulfiied if he does nothing is more valuable in the line up. 

Merril was pretty good, 

19 minutes ago, Sir_Boagalott said:

Wow, amazing PP goal by Toffoli.

Toffoli and Anderson are not just their top scorers, they also show up in big games. 

I think the whole team FINALLY showed up after a long time.  While Weber still isn’t contributing much to he offense, and while Petry contributed offensively, he stood stood out more for some of his mistakes than Weber did tonight.

ita good we got the late goal, it allowed us to hang in for the win - I’ll take it. Nice bounce back effort after folding in the third the last game.

8 minutes ago, Sir_Boagalott said:

I wasn't overly worried about giving up Domi per se.  I was more concerned about giving up his experience and not replacing it.  i.e. if MB thought Domi wasnt good enough to be 2nd C then he should have got somebody who is.  Its 1 thing to go with 2 young C's, its a much bigger risk going with them as 1st and 2nd C's.  A big part of their current problem is a major lack of production from their C's.

I wasn’t a Domi fan, but didn’t like Anderson’s injury history and because Of the injuries, his one good year stood out like an outlier. Still have concerns about him staying healthy, but Taffoli and Anderson have been probably our best forwards this year.

1 minute ago, Trizzak said:

"nice" is generous, but I'll take the win. 

After the last game, this was a nice win. Lots of sloppy play by both teams, but with the exception of Drouin, it was a good overall bounce back.

Just now, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

It wouldn't be right if you could relax watching the game in the last minute, been a while since my heart rate shot up like that.  A huge 2 points. 

I was about to put my son to sleep when the oilers came back, so he got to stay up a bit later and hear me curse🙄

7 minutes ago, Trizzak said:

I thought the same thing.  I certainly had the impression that if the game had gone 5-10 seconds longer it probably would have went into OT with the Oils winning. 

4 hours ago, Sir_Boagalott said:

@Prime Minister Koivu  I totally didnt think it was going in either.  When my feed comes back on it resumes from where it stopped.  I still couldnt tell how it went in. 

@GHT120 on 1 of the replays it sorta almost looks like Byron knocked it in.  He might have been trying to get it over to Byron. 

@alfredoh2009 I like Merrill too.  So far, he's made numerous noticeable good plays. 

He seems like  an upgrade on Mete, Juulsen, Reilly, Ouellet, Leskinen and any other fringe NHLer we have tried on the bottom pair in recent years.

It's one game, but it was good to see hime besides Romanov.

8 hours ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

Yup, I had some doubts about the Domi - Anderson trade but those doubts have rapidly faded. 

Don't want to be the party pooper, but let's not go over hyped  about Anderson yet.  Yes he scores, but he's also on pace for a 82 games season of only 48 points.  Domi had 44 in 71 games last season and we all felt he was terrible.

52 minutes ago, JoeLassister said:

Don't want to be the party pooper, but let's not go over hyped  about Anderson yet.  Yes he scores, but he's also on pace for a 82 games season of only 48 points.  Domi had 44 in 71 games last season and we all felt he was terrible.

well, this time you are

:rastapop: stop, it ! :rastapop:

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, JoeLassister said:

Of course, absent the injury-ruined 19/20 season, Anderson is continuing his offensive progression while last season Domi regressed to his norm (after teasing he might actually be a 1C) and has crash&burned this season

9 hours ago, Sir_Boagalott said:

OMG, I cant hold my breath for the next 1:11. 

Record is over 24:00 so hope you managed.:ph34r:

But that was quite the finish. I missed 2nd period and part of 3rd due to power outtage and pleasantly surprised was 2-1 when came back.

Drouin...god damn lazy dumb plays drive one bonkers!:wall:

Great to see Allen get the W at least.

16 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

Of course, absent the injury-ruined 19/20 season, Anderson is continuing his offensive progression while last season Domi regressed to his norm (after teasing he might actually be a 1C) and has crash&burned this season

That's a good point, Anderson seems to have progressed every year scoring goals , 17,19,27 (injury 1 in 26) and now 17 in 41 games. Maybe the best is yet to come. His size and speed are certainly great attributes in todays NHL.

3 minutes ago, DON said:

... Drouin...god damn lazy dumb plays drive one bonkers!:wall: ...

... and part of the only line that managed to be a minus last night ... and yet, to reward his prodigious efforts he got first unit PP time ... 

image.png

2 hours ago, JoeLassister said:

Anderson is all about the goals. Nothing about him ever suggested a guy who was a “complete player” in the sense of creatively using his linemates, etc.. He is a high-speed bulldozer who drives the net and scores, period. And that is really just frigging fine by me.

Meanwhile, can we all agree that a Habs-Oilers playoff series would be some of the most electrifying hockey we’ve seen in years? Yow!

10 hours ago, Trizzak said:

Dominated most of the game... got a couple of weird bounces at the end that made it closer than we wanted, but still got the two points.  I'll take it. 

6 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Anderson is all about the goals. Nothing about him ever suggested a guy who was a “complete player” in the sense of creatively using his linemates, etc.. He is a high-speed bulldozer who drives the net and scores, period. And that is really just frigging fine by me.

Meanwhile, can we all agree that a Habs-Oilers playoff series would be some of the most electrifying hockey we’ve seen in years? Yow!

Agree on all points, those were tough physical games. Listened to Oiler radio after the game and their commentators were talking about how they thought the Habs were built for the playoffs, they said you might beat the Habs in a playoff series but not without paying a price, said there were a lot of guys in the Oiler dressing room with ice  packs. 

1 minute ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

Agree on all points, those were tough physical games. Listened to Oiler radio after the game and their commentators were talking about how they thought the Habs were built for the playoffs, they said you might beat the Habs in a playoff series but not without paying a price, said there were a lot of guys in the Oiler dressing room with ice  packs. 

That has been my hope all along with this bunch...that we turn out to be like the LA Kings of a few years back, unconvincing in the regular season but death in the playoffs. We’ll see.

3 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

That has been my hope all along with this bunch...that we turn out to be like the LA Kings of a few years back, unconvincing in the regular season but death in the playoffs. We’ll see.

that would be sweeeet

3 hours ago, JoeLassister said:

And Andy is a much better defensive player, he not only backchecks and disrupts very well but does it intelligently. Always watches for the trailer when backchecking rather than just pursuing the puck and “over back checking”.

Combined with being less of a liability mentally, more consistent, performer he is a major upgrade over Domi.

Injury concerns are somewhat unfounded as when you combine his junior career with professional career Anderson has not been injured often, but obv the season ending shoulder injury skews the numbers heavily but does not seem to be having lingering effects. On a team of pass-first players he is a much needed “power horse” with a nose for the net.

Domi reminded me way too much of Gomez, lots of strides but not as much progress.

Merril did look decent, seemed Romanov sensed the stability and was more active and mobile as a result. 

Really building disdain for McDouche and his frequent elbows and head shots.

He will get his soon enough and shit will hit the fan.