Koivu expected to miss tomorow's game against the Ducks

Tony_

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=146365&hubname=

MONTREAL (CP) - Montreal Canadiens captain Saku Koivu did not skate Friday and is to miss a third straight game with a groin injury.

Koivu will not be in the lineup for a game Saturday night against Anaheim at the Bell Centre.

''He's day-to-day,'' said head coach Claude Julien. ''We hope he'll be ready for our next game on Tuesday (against Phoenix).''

Returning to the lineup are defencemen Andrei Markov, who has served a three-game suspension for shoving an official, and Mike Komisarek, who missed three games after the death of his mother from cancer of the pancreas.

The Canadiens had a week off since their last game, a 3-2 victory over Los Angeles last Saturday night. Koivu skated this week, but Julien said he did not aggravate the injury.

The club called up forward Garth Murray from AHL Hamilton

----------

I wonder if Garth will actually play a shift.

Originally posted by simonus

at least they called up the right guy for the role

The role of bench warmer? lol.

I hope they at least give the 4th line some more minutes... I mean sure we've had a week off and the guys will be rested, but how long can we stick to rolling only 3 lines and there and not face any consequences?

Sucks we'll be missing Koivu, but if it means he'll came back better and healthier... so be it.

I'm sure we'll still find a way through for the W.

Originally posted by simonus
Originally posted by Macaskill

how long can we stick to rolling only 3 lines and there and not face any consequences?

we haven't already had consequences?

Lol, yeah true, but I just mean, come playoff time, we'll be a very tired team. That's looking more long term... as of now, we've already got guys trying to play through injuries (Bonk), and making it worse... Gotta give that young blood sime ice time!