Lucic - Backlund - Nordstrom
Dube - Ryan

Giordano - Tanev
Hanifin - Andersson
Valimaki - Stone
Nesterov

Markstrom
  • Upvote 1

Realistically if the Habs win one of the 3 games in regulation they are in great shape. Winning game 1 would have been just wrong as it would have taken the pressure off the Habs and Hab fans and we can't have that. It's not supposed to be easy. The Habs will likely lose tonight so they can go into Mondays game with the maximum amount of pressure on them (and us). 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

Realistically if the Habs win one of the 3 games in regulation they are in great shape. Winning game 1 would have been just wrong as it would have taken the pressure off the Habs and Hab fans and we can't have that. It's not supposed to be easy. The Habs will likely lose tonight so they can go into Mondays game with the maximum amount of pressure on them (and us). 

Wouldn’t shock me at all if our season comes down to the last game against the leafs. 

We should be a playoff lock but we lack Character and a dependable work ethic. Molson’s country club

• Like 1

Are both teams going with the 11 forward - 7 defensemen formation? 

:gohabsgo:

33 minutes ago, xXx..CK..xXx said:

Are both teams going with the 11 forward - 7 defensemen formation? 

:gohabsgo:

As noted, the lines are placeholders from the ones used yesterday.  As it turns out, we'll have to wait a bit longer for Montreal's lineup news:

6 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

Unless they make the Lindgren for Primeau switch to create the cap space to allow Caufield play ... the simplest variables would seem to be who to start in goal and whether Kulak plays or not ... OR ... could they simply emergency recall Evans to take Drouin's spot to get an actual forward on the 4th line and leave Primeau to start or back-up ... if Lindgren and Caufield work under the cap I expect Primeau and Evans should as well.

22 minutes ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

Yeah why the secrecy? 

We don’t have many options so I’m guessing either Caufield plays or more likely Primeau plays. 

Unless Primeau lays down a 1986 Roy and wins us the cup, I’m not sure it will make a difference 

By not announcing the goalie, it makes it harder to game plan?  I honestly think a lot of it is that they don't know.  If Drouin plays, it's one way and if he doesn't, it's something else.  Until they go through the warmup, they don't know which scenario plays out.

Hopefully Primeau can have a strong night. I don’t have faith in him but it’s to no fault of his own and more-so that I didn’t expect to see anyone outside of Price and Allen supervising our crease this year.

Perhaps I missed this last game (or a couple of games ago ...) but it interesting and telling to see Perry with the A. He has gone from unemployed to taxi squad to 4th liner to top 9 to A and the season isn’t even over yet. 

he is an impressive player. Love his game. Brilliant addition that must be paying off more than anyone (re. MB) could have imagined. 

2 minutes ago, revvvrob said:

Perhaps I missed this last game (or a couple of games ago ...) but it interesting and telling to see Perry with the A. He has gone from unemployed to taxi squad to 4th liner to top 9 to A and the season isn’t even over yet. 

he is an impressive player. Love his game. Brilliant addition that must be paying off more than anyone (re. MB) could have imagined. 

Believe he picked up Byron's "A" tonight

3 minutes ago, revvvrob said:

I'm hoping they bring back next year and that he'll be even better because its possible that he might be reunited with his good buddy.  i.e. Getzlaf. 

Ouch ... GREAT shot by Gaudreau

1 minute ago, Sir_Boagalott said:

I'm hoping they bring back next year and that he'll be even better because its possible that he might be reunited with his good buddy.  i.e. Getzlaf. 

Let's hope ... finally .... a legit 1C

;)  :P  :D

2 minutes ago, Sir_Boagalott said:

I would *love* to see Perry back next season.   He's earned another contract, and I think he may prefer to re-sign with the Habs instead of rolling the dice with the Kraken.  It's doubtful to me that Anaheim will want him back as they are going full boar on a youth movement. 

3 minutes ago, BCHabnut said:

Cant fault primeau on the goal. Perfect snipe

Allen isn't in net?

I know Allen isn't playing but thats the thought I keep having.  Primeau is looking good so far. 

Its unlikely that any goalie could have stopped that shot.

9 minutes ago, Sir_Boagalott said:

Yeah. That’s what the team needs - another 35 year old.