Apr. 24, Habs vs Flames, 7 PM

dlbalr

5 minutes ago, habscout said:

I would *love* to see Perry back next season.   He's earned another contract, and I think he may prefer to re-sign with the Habs instead of rolling the dice with the Kraken.  It's doubtful to me that Anaheim will want him back as they are going full boar on a youth movement. 

I know there is cap freeze but I'd even give Perry a generous 33% increase and pay him a whole $1 mil. 

Similar with Getzlaf, he's definitely done as a Duck.  They're paying him 8.5mil and he has 4 g 12a.  I'm not sure how many teams would be interested in Getzlaf, and he might even have to retire.  Teams might think he wants to much and not even ask him to see what he would sign for.  He'll have to take a huge paycut if he wants to play anywhere.  The Habs might be able to get him for 2-2.5mil which would make sense. 

11 minutes ago, Sir_Boagalott said:

Similar with Getzlaf, he's definitely done as a Duck.  They're paying him 8.5mil and he has 4 g 12a.  I'm not sure how many teams would be interested in Getzlaf, and he might even have to retire.  Teams might think he wants to much and not even ask him to see what he would sign for.  He'll have to take a huge paycut if he wants to play anywhere.  The Habs might be able to get him for 2-2.5mil which would make sense. 

Four goals ... that's similar to Lehkonen or Byron. -13 on top of that. And we need to get a 35yo with that level of production into our lineup because ... ?

1 minute ago, BCHabnut said:

Sadly, I miss gallagher but not price. I'm certain the score would be no different

Well, I guess the great plan to keep the Flames confused about the lineup and game plan worked.

• Like 2

Hmm, Edmundson probably should have fought the Flame there.  Edmundson isnt a good fighter but he's much larger then the Flame.  The Habs are down and a fight might have changed the momentum of the game in the Habs favour. 

Why is Gustafsson on 2nd PP unit? 

Good, 3rd PP he was 1st unit. 

Just now, Commandant said:

If you are gonna use him, it has to be on the PP.

For sure, but thats why I was complaining that Weber started the 1st 2 PP.  Gustofsson should be on the 1st PP and hopefully they wont have a 2nd PP unit.  Their regular PP hasnt been working, so insert Gufstafsson as much as possible while on PP. 

7 minutes ago, Sir_Boagalott said:

Hmm, Edmundson probably should have fought the Flame there.  Edmundson isnt a good fighter but he's much larger then the Flame.  The Habs are down and a fight might have changed the momentum of the game in the Habs favour. 

Why is Gustafsson on 2nd PP unit? 

Good, 3rd PP he was 1st unit. 

I used to beat up my sister sometimes. It perked up morale. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

Should I ask whose morale was perked up? :blink:

Now that you mention it,  it was  kind of one sided until my little brother came along and we could both beat up on him. :-)

53 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

Four goals ... that's similar to Lehkonen or Byron. -13 on top of that. And we need to get a 35yo with that level of production into our lineup because ... ?

Well, his linemates on the Habs would be better. 

The Habs picked up Staal because they have a need for an experienced C and I imagine they will have that same need next year that will need to be filled.   Getzlaf is better at faceoffs than Staal and is 30lbs heavier and fights.  He'd be a decent cheap veteran pickup to consider.