Comments about "All is not well in Habs land"

CoRvInA

wrote back to the author of this commentary..

agreed 1/4 of it

but unless this was written 1 month ago ... unless I'm mistaken it seems we turned the page from the Hossa and Hainsey era... mind you Hainsey was clearly benched the other night.. and in response last night he gave it his all and had three shots and three hits one penalty for elbowing and was -2 (STILL STANK)

I still agree though we should have gotten at least some transmission fluid for the zamboni in return... but C'est la vie!

:ghg:

Edited the title. This will be the official reply thread for John Wiens' last article. Thanks for starting it!

[Edited on 2005-12-10 by sakiqc]

I agree with you Corvina.

Things are not spectacular in Habs land but they are going fairly well exempting our injuries.

If the players we had lost for nothing were Plex Zhog and Higgins then something may be wrong but we got rid of two guys with ego problems from what I understand, and no one wants a cancer on their team.

I said two years ago that there would be a youth logjam and here it is. We can't keep all the gems. That hope is about as realistic as is Leaf fans who wish every elite player was in their system. I get tired of pointing out to Leafs that a team can only carry so many players.

Well, same thing here. Now we are doing it. I dunno. blame Bob I guess. Maybe he'll quit and then we can hire Mickey Mouse or someone. Youppi even? :mad:

ha ha ha ha ha

what a bullcrap article!!!! who cares if we lost hossa and hainsey, THEY SUCK!! Hello:guru:

heartless players who have some imagined upside have no place on this team, gainey is weeding out some of the garbage before the rest of our young forwards come into their own.

the fact that hossa did his usual little goal spurt to start the season and then faded, along with hainseys brutal play in columbus shows that bob knows a lot more about hockey than the guy who wrote this article(like that isn't obvious anyway:lol:).

the fact is this team, WHICH IS STILL REBUILDING, has been decimated by injuries, yet has managed to stay a couple points out of home ice advantage in the first round says a lot about the direction of the team..... along with our great start and the play of the rookies and those bob signed.

but hey maybe im wrong, we probably should have tried to trade hossa and hainsey for thornton or something like that:P

nuff said

Well, for my part, I'm not really sad Hossa and Hainsey aren't in the organization anymore. What is sad, is that we couldn't have get anything in return. Those 2 players were very high on the depth chart. Still, we lost them for nothing, and they gave nothing to the organization. That's sad! They maybe didn't have all the "prime time" they would have like to do. Sill, the Habs paid them few hundreds thousands US dollars, and they should have found a way to prove themselves, or at least give back something to the organization.

We were really disapointed by their progression. Surely the other GMs were aware of this as well. If not, can't believe we can lose 2 high ranked prospects for basically nothing. I have to believe Gainey will manage that "youth logjam" like Ath.Can. said. We aren't going to lose every prospects who aren't able to make the lineup? What about trading 2 or 3 of them and upgrade our depth chart??

IMO: The glass is half empty regarding Hainsey and Hossa-yeah. But, never forget this, when it comes to questioning a bad trade, we always have to remember something my brother told me when I was a kid. That is, "no one wants to help them".

He was right. No one wants to be the one to give us a sniff of 25 cups.

The glass is half full. Gainey did acquire Begin through waivers.

MAY OUR CUP RUNNETH OVER!

GO HABS!

I agree with some of the comments of the article, mainly the idea that it would have been nice to get at least a draft pick for Hainsey.

But, as some have said, the ones we did lose were NOT going to make our team anyways. They had lots of time and as many opportunities to do so. The 'logjam' as some have mentioned was real and is still potentially very real.

Keep the banner high! Better days will become more consistent and, maybe, in a couple of years (or even earlier...) a big silver chalice is on the horizon. :D

:hlogo::ghg::hlogo:

Hossa, that supposed blazing young talent, has one point in his last 12 games. Looks like he started hot and---GUESS WHAT!!!!---cooled off. The fact is, that guy is a piece of crap: end of story. And the same likely applies to Hainsey, who is 90% likely to be dumped out of Columbus within the next two years. Given the choice between Streit and Hainsey, why not go with the piece of garbage who DOESN'T have an attitude problem?

And blaming Bonk for playing with an injury is grossly unfair to a player who has proven himself a decent second-tier centreman over several NHL seasons.

The Habs' real problem lies, not with marginal guys like Hainsey, but with erratic KEY players like Ribeiro and Souray. As I've said before, Ribs has to go: we need a second line centreman who can be counted on to step up, AND not blame his teammates, when we need secondary scoring, as we do these days. We also need another strong, 2nd defenceman, but that will be much harder to find.

For all those that want to bash Hossa and Hainsey, they are currently playing in the NHL and maybe while not producing alot, are still producing more than Garth Murray, who can't and won't keep an NHL job. Nevermind the fact that we received nothing in return for Hainsey, and I can think of a half dozen current Habs who haven't contributed as much as Hossa and Hainsey (in his short time), ie., Mark Streit, Pierre Dagenais, Radek Bonk, Jan Bulis, and Plekanac and Higgins although they are rookies and need to be granted some time to develop at this level.

Originally posted by Mont Royale
Originally posted by Roo-AH! Roo-AH!

Given the choice between Streit and Hainsey, why not go with the piece of garbage who DOESN'T have an attitude problem?

:lol::lol::lol:

What do you really think?

:lol::lol::lol:

Why does Hainsey have an attitude problem? Because he wants a chance to compete and show that he can play? Geeze yeah I want a guy on my team thats happy toiling in the minors waiting for a shot thats never going to come, because some idiot decided it was a good idea to draft a 27 year in the 9th round and give him some ######ed contract so he comes over from Europe.

He (Hainsey) didn't get a fair shot this year. THat deal they signed with Streit was garbage, and cost us Hainsey, who while he may not be a number 1 or 2 defensman will probably develop into a decent 4th or 5th defensman unlike Streit who'll be back in Switzerland by next year.

Thats a big time waste of a 1st round pick.

Listen, maybe Hainsey will become a successful NHLer. Always in motion, is the future - although really, if the best he becomes is a 5th defenceman, who cares? You can always sign those guys as FAs. All I know is that year after year he came to training camp, failed to impress despite competing against fairly lousy defence corps, then griped to the press that as a 1st round pick he was entitled to an NHL spot, and generally developed a reputation as a lazy, unfocused player who (in the words of Pierre Macguire) 'needs to figure out whether he wants to be an NHLer or not.' Translation: a head case.

And let's remember - Streit beat him out for the job, fair and square. Clearly, a real character, blood and guts, oozing-with-talent sort of guy. NOT.:eyes:

Hainsey his an idiot and was hated by his peers.

Here's a quick summary of what I read about him during is stay in Quebec city a few years ago.

1) Walked around with a big head attitude and everybody hated him

2) never worked nor practiced hard

3) didn't listen to a single thing the coach were telling him

4) spent is time eating junk and chasing women

5) when he left Quebec city, apparently is apartment was a complete mess with a bunch of pizza boxes and used condoms everywhere

I for one am glad that he's gone. Don't need an idiot like that in the system. So what if he has talent, he doesn't have the head that needs to come with it. Also, he's just a bad influence for the others and doesn't contribute to a good team chemistry, which his very important, especillay in the playoffs.

After last night's game, I'm more upset that we lost Beauchemin....

Originally posted by Komisarek the Cruncher

Here's a quick summary of what I read about him during is stay in Quebec city a few years ago.

5) when he left Quebec city, apparently is apartment was a complete mess with a bunch of pizza boxes and used condoms everywhere

I for one am glad that he's gone. Don't need an idiot like that in the system. So what if he has talent, he doesn't have the head that needs to come with it. Also, he's just a bad influence for the others and doesn't contribute to a good team chemistry, which his very important, especillay in the playoffs.

also read that #5 a couple of years ago, think it was in Journal de Montréal, a women was suing him because of that. Says a lot about Hainsey, the person.

Originally posted by Komisarek the Cruncher

:puke:man thats some inside info alright......this list reads like the bad semester of a college dropout.....good riddance

and the only reason hossa is around is because of his bro......

i have faith in gainey

:hlogo::ghg::hlogo: