April 26, Canadiens @ Flames, 6:30pm EST

TurdBurglar

Throwing this together quick as we need a GDT.  This is an important game as a loss here puts Calgary within 2-3 point of the Habs in the last playoff spot.  This game will almost tell the tale of how this season will end.

Hanifin out for Calgary for the season.

Could someone post the lineups for tonight?  Won’t have a chance to, as I won’t even be home until the end of the first period.

1 minute ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

If Caufield plays our coach better have him with good players. If they put him with Staal on the 4th it would be a mistake. 

I would put him with Perry and maybe Suzuki for the first part of the game.  The grit Perry adds to protect him for the first period at least would be wise.  Maybe after that mix in some Anderson, Toffoli or Tatar in Perry’s place.

1 hour ago, TurdBurglar said:

Throwing this together quick as we need a GDT.  This is an important game as a loss here puts Calgary within 2-3 point of the Habs in the last playoff spot.  This game will almost tell the tale of how this season will end.

Hanifin out for Calgary for the season.

Could someone post the lineups for tonight?  Won’t have a chance to, as I won’t even be home until the end of the first period.

26 @TurdBurglar, 26

58 minutes ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

We win if Caufield plays, lose if he doesn’t 

Why do folks ALWAYS seem to go overboard with prospect expectations?

• TurdBurglar changed the title to April 26, Canadiens @ Flames, 6:30pm EST
1 hour ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

When the ONLY source is Tony Marinaro I have little confidence it is true.

32 minutes ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

He represents hope for us. 
We are light on hope in Habsville.  I also think that our team stinks so Caufield can help us stink a little less

Understood ... but   We win if Caufield plays, lose if he doesn’t   is a bit much isn't it ... 

LOVE that we get to see him play

HATE that Tony Marinaro was right ... even an idiot can occasionally get a good tip ... but he will think he is the new Bob McKenzie

Like I said at deadline I would of traded Tatar for draft picks since we're not going to bring him back anyway and play the kid in his spot. But Bergevin didn't and this kid has been sitting since. Makes no sense to me why they didn't trade Tatar since they planned on calling up Caufiled. 

1 hour ago, GHT120 said:

Understood ... but   We win if Caufield plays, lose if he doesn’t   is a bit much isn't it ... 

I think we can’t score worth a crap outside of Toffoli and Anderson. We keep losing

Caufield will score tonight and probably more than one. So due to goals getting scored, we will win

16 minutes ago, Habsfan89 said:

Like I said at deadline I would of traded Tatar for draft picks since we're not going to bring him back anyway and play the kid in his spot. But Bergevin didn't and this kid has been sitting since. Makes no sense to me why they didn't trade Tatar since they planned on calling up Caufiled. 

Because Bergevin needs this team to do as well as possible and trading Tartar for picks would at best a lateral move ... scorer for scorer ... in the immediate term maybe more scoring but more likely about the same at best ... when everyone is healthy the team will have a legit Top 9 with scoring ability

19 minutes ago, Habsfan89 said:

Just now, GHT120 said:

Because Bergevin needs this team to do as well as possible and trading Tartar for picks would at best a lateral move ... scorer for scorer ... in the immediate term maybe more scoring but more likely about the same at best ... when everyone is healthy the team will have a legit Top 9 with scoring ability

I think the smart move would have been to trade Armia to create cap space - even if it cost us a  late pick to do so. 

11 minutes ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

Don’t like Romanov being out but I guess it’s what they had to do 

So once they have 12 healthy forwards either Caufield gets called up and Romanov is on the taxi squad/AHL until the playoffs, and the Rocket season is over (dlbair pointed out earlier today in another thread that: the four-recall rule is in effect until Laval's season comes to an end.  That's currently May 15th but would be extended if there are AHL playoffs after all ... or Caufield's emergency recall ends and Romanov gets called up ... much will depend on how Caufield does in the short-term

1 minute ago, GHT120 said:

So once they have 12 healthy forwards either Caufield gets called up and Romanov is on the taxi squad/AHL until the playoffs, and the Rocket season is over (dlbair pointed out earlier today in another thread that: the four-recall rule is in effect until Laval's season comes to an end.  That's currently May 15th but would be extended if there are AHL playoffs after all ... or Caufield's emergency recall ends and Romanov gets called up ... much will depend on how Caufield does in the short-term

So basically it’s a choice between Caufield or Romanov until Laval is finished for the season.