April 26, Canadiens @ Flames, 6:30pm EST

TurdBurglar

10 minutes ago, Sir_Boagalott said:

D'oh.  Those lines are terrible, even if Armia wasnt C. 

I'd go with:

Toffoli-Suzuki- Caufield

Tatar-Kotkaniemi-Perry

Anderson-Danault-Armia

Lehkonen-Staal-Evans

That would put their top scorers on 1st line, 2nd scoring line, and 3rd is a checking line, and 4th as crash n bang energy line. 

I disagree.

Tatar and Danault have a ton of chemistry and are also defensively responsible and can cover up for any rookie mistakes that Caufield might make.  I like the thinking on that line a lot. 

Toffoli is with Suzuki and thats a good line to set him up.  Armia does the dirty work.

Perry, Anderson and KK on the same line brings a physical presence needed against the flames D.

For all the back&forth there were only 11 shots (Habs 5, Flames 6) ... 

2 minutes ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

Probably 9 of our shots were on the PP. Hard fought period and I miss Romanov already 

It might light a fire under Romanov to be scratched.  See how he responds to it this go around.

14 minutes ago, Commandant said:

I disagree.

Tatar and Danault have a ton of chemistry and are also defensively responsible and can cover up for any rookie mistakes that Caufield might make.  I like the thinking on that line a lot. 

Toffoli is with Suzuki and thats a good line to set him up.  Armia does the dirty work.

Perry, Anderson and KK on the same line brings a physical presence needed against the flames D.

Those are all good points too. 

Thats what drives me crazy about Danault is that I think he should play on a shut down line that plays against the opponents top line.  Armia is fast and good forechecker, and we havent even seen this yet but Anderson is great at doing open ice hits when he forechecks hard. 

With Caufield, not to start but eventually he should probably play with Anderson.  Caufield is tiny Anderson is large so they'd balance the line size out.  Plus Anderson is their toughest guy so he'd be a deterrent from players cheap shotting Caufield.  

Also, when Anderson doesnt have the speed or space to get around their dman when he tries to go round the outside and drive to the net, he often passes the puck across ice.  Caufield should be up there with him to 1 time those into the net. 

1 minute ago, TurdBurglar said:

It might light a fire under Romanov to be scratched.  See how he responds to it this go around.

Not quite a scratch ... he is effectively in the AHL/on the taxi squad ... when the Habs again have 12 healthy forwards and Caufield's emergency recall ends they will have to choose which of them gets to play again this regular season by using their last regular call-up. 

3 minutes ago, Sir_Boagalott said:

... Plus Anderson is their toughest guy so he'd be a deterrent from players cheap shotting Caufield. 

If a team is inclined to cheap shot Caufield they would get the added benefit of the "cheap-shoter" taking Anderson off when Josh challenges/fights him ... Anderson tends to be more valuable to the habs than "cheap-shooters" are to their opposition

Just now, GHT120 said:

If a team is inclined to cheap shot Caufield they would get the added benefit of the "cheap-shoter" taking Anderson off when Josh challenges/fights him ... Anderson tends to be more valuable to the habs than "cheap-shooters" are to their opposition

I'm not advocating for Anderson to fight either, but he is the toughest Habs.  He is the only 1 who can punch somebody hard enough in the head that it hurts and they dont want to be punched again so they stop their BS. 

Thats a big problem that most people dont seem to consider.  i.e. they do need somebody that can punch as hard or harder than 1 of their top scorers.  You know, so Anderson, Perry, Toffoli and Gally dont have to. 

Its 1 thing to have big defencemen that are slow, but they have to be actually tough and can fight, or are top 5 on PP or PK, or have some special talent.  It is a problem that Edmundson fits that description more than Weber or Chiarot.  None of them are tough enough to punch young punks like Tkachuk and get them to stop.  

10 minutes ago, Sir_Boagalott said:

... but he is the toughest Habs.  He is the only 1 who can punch somebody hard enough in the head that it hurts and they dont want to be punched again so they stop their BS. 

I do not believe that NHLers for whom cheap-shots or other physical play is an integral part of their game are ever stopped from doing so by being punched hard ... not even by being beaten up.

38 minutes ago, TurdBurglar said:

I think the better way to phrase it is to see if he gets a chance to respond to it.

4 minutes ago, Sir_Boagalott said:

D'oh.  Evans just blew a great 2 on 1 SHG chance. 

I'm not sure it would have been a two-on-one, Danault isn't that fast of a skater.  Either way, I'm okay with the safe play to help ensure that a deflating late goal wasn't scored for once.

7 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

I think the better way to phrase it is to see if he gets a chance to respond to it.

I'm not sure it would have been a two-on-one, Danault isn't that fast of a skater.  Either way, I'm okay with the safe play to help ensure that a deflating late goal wasn't scored for once.

True my bad, I didnt realize that the other Habs was Danault.

Still, even a 1 on 1 in that scenario would be worth trying.  It drives me crazy how they love to dump the puck into the corner because that will never create a scoring chance.  Holding onto the puck when they cross the oppositions blue line, or Evans going down on a 1 on 1 while on PK does potentially create a scoring chance.  It also potentially eliminates 1 from the other team. 

Just now, Commandant said:

Kulak is much better,, this isn't close.

Not even a little bit. He might even be a better PP option given that turnover display Gus gave.