April 28, Maple Leafs @ Canadiens, 8pm EST

TurdBurglar

2 hours ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

They need more than 5 points to clinch. If they get 5 more points they will end up with 56, Calgary has 45 points and has 8 games left so they can still finish ahead of Montreal. Vancouver has 14 games left and they play Calgary 4 times I think. I am not sure what the exact number of points is to clinch but it's more than 5.

I mathed completely wrong.  As it stands right now 11 points to eliminate Calgary, no matter how Calgary does and 9 to eliminate Vancouver no matter how good Vancouver does.

I shouldn’t of been mathing at 7:30 am.

Basically .500 to guarantee a playoffs spot, but 3 of 9 should do it barring one of Calgary or Vancouver going on a miracle run.

4 hours ago, TurdBurglar said:

Did Merrill get injured or something?  He is clearly the better bottom pairing defenseman, including Romanov.  

The 3rd pair should be Merrill - someone else while the top-4 is heathy.

Here's a look at the lines and D pairings featured at Wednesday's morning skate:

Lehkonen - Danault - Anderson
Toffoli - Suzuki - Caufield
Perry - Kotkaniemi - Armia
Frolik - Staal - Evans

Chiarot - Weber
Edmundson - Petry
Romanov - Merrill
Kulak, Gustafsson, Ouellet

Allen
Primeau
Lindgren

seems he is practicing on 3rd pairing this morning.

I didnt even notice Merrill or the swede last game, other than 3rd pairing did as well as a 3rd pairing normally does, which never is great.

5 hours ago, tomh009 said:

Now, about Frolik ...

He's the only other forward on the taxi squad so if they want to go 12/6 and Tatar/Byron aren't available, the spot is his by default.  They'll need to bring at least two players up if Frolik and Romanov play so it'll be telling to see who gets the nod there - do they go with the usual plug forward in Baddock or someone like Poehling or Belzile who may be more likely to be used?

1 hour ago, TurdBurglar said:

I mathed completely wrong.  As it stands right now 11 points to eliminate Calgary, no matter how Calgary does and 9 to eliminate Vancouver no matter how good Vancouver does.

I shouldn’t of been mathing at 7:30 am.

Basically .500 to guarantee a playoffs spot, but 3 of 9 should do it barring one of Calgary or Vancouver going on a miracle run.

You are right about mathing at 7:30 am LOL.  I agree about 11 points to eliminate Calgary but Vancouver still has 14 games left so theoretically (very theoretically) they could still get 28 points.  Now given their brutal schedule, the odds of Vancouver getting 28 points are about the same as my wife turning into a hockey fan, basically zero chance. 

21 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

He's the only other forward on the taxi squad so if they want to go 12/6 and Tatar/Byron aren't available, the spot is his by default.  They'll need to bring at least two players up if Frolik and Romanov play so it'll be telling to see who gets the nod there - do they go with the usual plug forward in Baddock or someone like Poehling or Belzile who may be more likely to be used?

Guess my question would be why even keep him on the Taxi squad ... at this point in the season, especially with the number of injuries in play, IMO they should have the best possible players available

23 minutes ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

You are right about mathing at 7:30 am LOL.  I agree about 11 points to eliminate Calgary but Vancouver still has 14 games left so theoretically (very theoretically) they could still get 28 points.  Now given their brutal schedule, the odds of Vancouver getting 28 points are about the same as my wife turning into a hockey fan, basically zero chance. 

Watch your wife come out of the bedroom wearing a leafs jersey.

1 hour ago, DON said:

Here's a look at the lines and D pairings featured at Wednesday's morning skate:

Lehkonen - Danault - Anderson
Toffoli - Suzuki - Caufield
Perry - Kotkaniemi - Armia
Frolik - Staal - Evans

Chiarot - Weber
Edmundson - Petry
Romanov - Merrill
Kulak, Gustafsson, Ouellet

Allen
Primeau
Lindgren

seems he is practicing on 3rd pairing this morning.

I didnt even notice Merrill or the swede last game, other than 3rd pairing did as well as a 3rd pairing normally does, which never is great.

There were actually a couple occasions where I saw a good play and was wondering who #28 was.

1 minute ago, Commandant said:

Tatar and Byron are NOT in the pregame warmup. 

Frolik is in the warmup, as is Gustafsson.   So Frolik if 12 fwds, Gustafsson if 11 and 7 

😭

55 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

Guess my question would be why even keep him on the Taxi squad ... at this point in the season, especially with the number of injuries in play, IMO they should have the best possible players available

He's a veteran player who has been up all year without complaining and has Allan Walsh for an agent who is known to stir up trouble (and has for Frolik in the past when he's not happy) and represents a few other Montreal players/prospects.  Sometimes, you just have to play nice.

8 minutes ago, Sir_Boagalott said:

Even though its 2-0 Allen is playing well.  He's made numerous big saves.  

Wow, that looked scary.  The offside puck almost went in the net. 

Allen has been amazing but how do you stop crap like that?

Habs need to start hurting leaf players in the corners. We can start wearing them down for the playoffs. Nothing illegal of course just the usual