Lalime Back Where He Belongs

BTH

Originally posted by Bulis_the_Habbie

The Blues have place Patrick Lalime on waivers. Why did they sign him in the first place?

Actually they traded for him:P

No way does Atlanta sign him. Lehtonen is copming back in only a couple of weeks. Dunham too. Shields too. Why take a 4th goalie with an NHL contract?

Lalime is certainly having a tough season so far, no doubt about it. But except is last playoff ( breakdown against the Leafs) he's got really good stats. He was not the problem in Ottawa. Those guys in front of him could'n find the back of the net !!!

He's got a 1.77 AVG, a .930 save % and 5 SO in 41 games...

That's really not bad!

Playing in St-Louis this year isn't the best thing you van ask for either...:wall:

Hope he find a better place and get is game back on track...

Originally posted by Tony

Wouldn't be surprised to see the Pens take a stab at Lalime.

Wanted to quote myself on this one and say after seeing last night's game of Detroit against the Penguins, I do not have any more doubts on Marc-Andre Fleury being in the NHL.

This guy kept the freakin' Pens in the game.

I hope the Pens pass on Lalime.

• 1 month later...

It seems Lalime's looking better after a brutal start to the season. In 5 of his last 6 (AHL-) games he allowed only 1 goal.

"Je pense que j'ai fait mes devoirs et je suis prêt à retourner dans la Ligue nationale." -Patrick Lalime

I'm looking forward at how the Blues are going to solve this problem. No way they sneak him through waivers.

I doubt Lalime will get anyone's attention if he gets called up.

I'm sure the Flames would be interested. Lalime rumours have been running rampant in the papers since Phillipe Sieve pissed off Sutter. Lots of Toskala, Noronen and Roloson rumours too.