May 6 Habs at Leafs 7:00

Should Ducharme be head coach next season?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Ducharme earned a contract?

• Yes
    • No

Just now, Sir_Boagalott said:

Wow, that was an interesting stat.  The only player with more goals than Toffoli in their 1st 50 games for the Habs was Frank Mahovlich. 

Interesting ... although I would give The Big M the edge in style points ... he was a beautiful and powerful skater

1 minute ago, Pino10 said:

Feeling sorry for Primeau. Not his fault at all. 

Yes it is. It should be 1-1 right now. He's swimming out there and leaving fat rebounds everywhere.

21 minutes ago, Sir_Boagalott said:

Hmm, silly question but why did Allen play vs Sens and Primeau vs the Leafs?  It probably would have made more sense to save Allen for the Leafs. 

What difference would that make? It's more about the team in front of them that was awful last night and is off to a really bad start tonight. 

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Commandant said:

He's rattled, you gotta pull him. 

I have to wonder how close Price is to returning ... if not close, then giving Allen the night off is important.

Any word on whether Price actually did skate in full goalie gear today as DD suggested yesterday?

Despite being out scored by 4 goals the Habs didnt look that bad during the 1st period.  The problem seems to be that Primeau has let in numerous weak goals. 

The only hope for this game might just be that the Habs should get the Zamboni driver to sub in net?  The Leafs have been known to  lose to Zamboni drivers. 

6 minutes ago, Pino10 said:

Feeling sorry for Primeau. Not his fault at all. 

2 minutes ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

Primeau stinks tonight. It happens 

He has lots of company

I don't care how many goals Primeau lets in or how many bad rebounds he gives up (which is why some of us have been saying he's not ready to be a full-time backup next season), he has to stay in.  If Price isn't 100% for the playoffs and Allen is the starter, he can't go in tired.  He's clearly tired right now so this has to be Primeau's game no matter what.  By picking him to start, they're playing the long game.  One truly awful period shouldn't change that.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

What difference would that make? It's more about the team in front of them that was awful last night and is off to a really bad start tonight. 

Well, the difference might have been not losing both games. 

2 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

I don't care how many goals Primeau lets in or how many bad rebounds he gives up (which is why some of us have been saying he's not ready to be a full-time backup next season), he has to stay in.  If Price isn't 100% for the playoffs and Allen is the starter, he can't go in tired.  He's clearly tired right now so this has to be Primeau's game no matter what.  By picking him to start, they're playing the long game.  One truly awful period shouldn't change that.

Agree 100%, it more about getting ready for the playoffs at this point. Allen needs some rest. 

• Upvote 2

Right about now, I'm wishing that Allen would have had the true off-night and Lindgren would have been the backup which is something some teams (including Toronto) have done with their starters.  That would at least have given them another option to turn to that wouldn't involve undoing the planned rest.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

Right about now, I'm wishing that Allen would have had the true off-night and Lindgren would have been the backup which is something some teams (including Toronto) have done with their starters.  That would at least have given them another option to turn to that wouldn't involve undoing the planned rest.

No call up to do this... unless you say Allen is injured and use an emergency callup.

Just now, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

Agree 100%, it more about getting ready for the playoffs at this point. Allen needs some rest. 

I agree with dlbar too.  I thought it was funny when the showed Allen on the bench looking up and away at the rafters - it semed like he was acting like he wasnt there and isnt an option for this game. 

Primeau isnt NHL ready so it doesnt make sense that he's playing against the top team in the division.   Its like they are purposely setting him up to fail.  The only way it could be worse is if the Habs had continued with the Philadelphia Experiment. 

4 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Allen comes in for the second. 

I sorta think thats a bad idea.  I would have left Primeau in, and I'd even consider playing Primeau in the next Leafs game.  i.e. let the Leafs be way over confident and if we face them in the 1st rnd they'll be shocked when they play an entirely different team. 

2 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Allen comes in for the second. 

So much for rest ... Price better get healthy quick ... think Allen is feeling the worse for his workload at the moment ... RDS indicated that Price stepped on the ice in his goalie equipment today but didn't sound like he did much (they have a video clip on the website but the %$%#*&^ thing won't play).

7 minutes ago, Sir_Boagalott said:

I sorta think thats a bad idea.  I would have left Primeau in, and I'd even consider playing Primeau in the next Leafs game.  i.e. let the Leafs be way over confident and if we face them in the 1st rnd they'll be shocked when they play an entirely different team. 

I agree ... I would almost think of sending Allen home tomorrow and let Lindgren & Primeau dress Saturday