Julien plays the kids...and wins!

hankhab

I'm glad I was wrong in my prediction about last nights game...however, at least the majority of us were right about the rookie playing time issue....they get some ice time, habs win...maybe Julien has seen the light a little, or maybe Gainey forced him to play the rooks, but whatever the case, it worked.

The reason the kids got a chance to play, is cause we had a two goal lead, and the Coyotes stunk last night... If AK hadn't scored that second goal, I doubt they would have seen as much ice time...

It was great to see Kostitsyn score, and to see what we got for Hossa as well! Murray is looking like a young Begin type. Likes to hit, likes to get in your face, but isn't dirty.

I was at the game, and I gotta say, it looks like the old NHL is creeping back...

[Edited on 12/14/2005 by Makh2o]

Originally posted by Makh2o

The reason the kids got a chance to play, is cause we had a two goal lead, and the Coyotes stunk last night... If AK hadn't scored that second goal, I doubt they would have seen as much ice time...

It was great to see Kostitsyn score, and to see what we got for Hossa as well! Murray is looking like a young Begin type. Likes to hit, likes to get in your face, but isn't dirty.

I was at the game, and I gotta say, it looks like the old NHL is creeping back...

[Edited on 12/14/2005 by Makh2o]

Agree. The rookies ice time will likely continue to be directly proportionate to the Habs lead.

Yeah, that was a pretty awful game to watch. I can't remember being less interested in watching the Habs win. I still watched, of course, but it was forced.

I wish I could comment on what it was like to watch.

@^%$!!**()@^^^!!!!!!! Fox Sports middle East actually had the game listed and I was really looking forward to it because I see about one game a year and the (expletives deleted) didnt show it:nono::wall::puke:

The goal by AK 47 ... After a Plus A Struggle in the corner 2 on 2 watch how Higgins calling for the puck to (Murray) gets nailed and by doing so leaves AK47 all alone for the quick release and Goal which by the way was a screened pass all be it!!

And secondly still to credit another playmaker .. well into the final seconds of the game and yes without any stress watch how Plek while avoiding the Offside and still missing the first opportunity to pass it to Bulis keeps his calm and stickhandles to atract the defenders stick then quickly go to the backhand for a spot on pass ...(very in the Koivuan fashion)... to Bulis who finally wastes no time in beating Cujo.. Great hands on both these kids! and the aggressive and strong energy from Higgins and Murray ... This has got to be the ingredients if not this year a future line with a well complementary line!

F%$@! YEAH!!!

That third period was awful from an officiating point of view. Nagy threw two elbows on the same shift and neither was called. Walkom has to crack the whip with some of his refs about putting away the whistle in the third period.