I'll take Murray over Hossa!

Athlétique.Canadien

Andrei Kostsitsyn's first NHL goal was sniped like a seasoned pro. What a pleasure to see him net his first one.

Now, for those of you who watched the game, who was it who created havoc in Phoenix's end on that play? Who was it who assisted on the goal? Who looked like a one man wrecking machine on that play? It was Murray.

I hope this silences the "losing Hossa" worrywarts. He was awesome. I hope I continue to be right on this? Who wouldn't want me to be?

Cheers to Kostsitsyn. We've been waiting a long time for this.

:ghg::hlogo:

He reminds me of another Steve Begin, just give him some time to develope an offensive upside. And we all know how much we love Begin.

I'd take a guy who works HARD every shift before a floater with talent any day. Murray is a good fit in Montreal - we could use more toughness. I like what I've seen from him so far, but I'm not going to get too optimistic. If he ends up being effective consistently with (likely) limited minutes, it'll be a pleasant surprise. Hossa was not a good fit for Montreal (and it remains to be seen if he can be a fit on any NHL team).

I agree with Murrays effort. What he brings to the table is what the habs need every night, effort and someone who will be physical. You can never have too many of those hard working players. I would hope that when players come back, he should stay with the big club. He should be on the 4th line with Begin and Bulis. That is a fast checking line. Higgins Bonk sundstrom should be the third line.

The more i see Ribiero and Dags play, the less i'm impressed. I'll catch some heat but they should be moved for a center left winger to play with Plek and Ryder.

It is still early to conclude that Murray will have an real impact in the NHL - He only played one game!. However, I got to say he put a smile on my face. We may have received something for nothing because Hossa is NOTHING.

As I write this I realize that neither of these 2 players (Hossa and Murray) are worth much or should be expected to do great things. The Habs and Rangers both traded what they perceived to be dead wood.

BUT you never know! Maybe one of the two might be a productive NHLer - a late blummer.

It's kind of like the 6/49 lottery. I don't expect to win but I can dream about winning.

I didnt like the Hossa trade at the time, but if Garth Murray is a player I will be the first admit I was wrong and I will be happy, nay ecstatic, to be wrong.

However, not liking one trade does NOT make me anti-Gainey. I like almost every move he has made, love his coolness under pressure, his ability to stick to his plan and his wisdom in giving a coach he really didnt know well a chance (when he had a former team-mate in the system). He's not perfect, but I don't know of anyone I'd rather have in charge of my beloved Canadiens right now.

I wish people on this board would stop trying to sub-categorize us into pro-this and anti- that, etcetera.

We are Habs fans united by a passion for the greatest sports team on the planet--- even if some of us (including me)are sometimes a little too critical of the team and impatient when they lose.:ghg::ghg::ghg::ghg:

I believe that Murray had a fine game last night. He did exactly what you hoped for from a 4th line player, skated hard, checked the opposition when it was possible without any recourse [ie. no penalties called against him], worked hard in the corners. The latter lead to the Habs first goal, and Kastsitsyn's first career marker, a beauty! :/)

If he keeps this up then he'll be a great compliment to Steve Begin on the 4th line. If Plekanec is dropped back to the 4th after all the other forwards are healthy, then I could see Julien rolling 4 lines regularly.

If people are looking for Murray to be a scorer he's not. What you see is what you get with him, he is tough, plays physical, good work ethic and brings some toughness to a team that currently doesn't have much. He'll be a fourth line checker, energy guy. I like the trade, the habe already have enough soft forwards who don't play hard. The habs really didn't need Hossa.

absolutely ... as a paraphrase what I wished for on another thread ...

"If we could clone a Begin on the second, third and fourth line we would be rollin! and Murray like anyone else who wants to make the team just has to observe Begin... anything of the likes of what he does which all in all WILL CREATE SCORING CHANCES is just what the doctor ordered! thats all plain and simple!

Originally posted by PMAC

I didnt like the Hossa trade at the time, but if Garth Murray is a player I will be the first admit I was wrong and I will be happy, nay ecstatic, to be wrong.

However, not liking one trade does NOT make me anti-Gainey. I like almost every move he has made, love his coolness under pressure, his ability to stick to his plan and his wisdom in giving a coach he really didnt know well a chance (when he had a former team-mate in the system). He's not perfect, but I don't know of anyone I'd rather have in charge of my beloved Canadiens right now.

I wish people on this board would stop trying to sub-categorize us into pro-this and anti- that, etcetera.

We are Habs fans united by a passion for the greatest sports team on the planet--- even if some of us (including me)are sometimes a little too critical of the team and impatient when they lose.:ghg::ghg::ghg::ghg:

I couldnt agree more, on the first point. But also on the second one you make!! bravo desertHab :D

Would somebody please tell me what more the Habs could've got in exchange for Hossa?????

PLEASE.....

In all the opportunities he was given he never lived up to his so called potential - fact!

Think about it - if you're trading in a race car with an engine that can't seem to operate at full throttle after it gets out of the garage, what would you truly expect to get in exchange?

Surely not more than what it was really worth.....

Obviously Gainey saw something in this guy that everyone else can't, or doesn't want to. :zzz:

p.s. we all seem to forget that many fringe trades are part of a bigger picture - it's called playing the game within the manager's circle. A liitle one here and a another one there that may open the door for a bigger deal (quite often it's simply referred to as greasing the proverbial pig) it's all part of the cost of doing business :idea: