Where Should Pittsburgh Go?

blaze53

Alrighty people it's time for another poll! We all heard about the Pittsburgh Penguins having problems because of the lease expiring at the Mellon Arena (what kind of name is that??) now in your opinion where should the Pens really be?

I'd love to see a team in Halifax!

However, you've gotta believe that Crosby won't want to ever leave that team!

They'll probably want to keep Crosby in the US as long as possible to keep people's attention on the NHL in the States....

If they can't stay in Pittsburgh, it would be nice to see a Canadian market get them. I voted for Pittsburgh, though. They give the team pretty good support for a small market, and it would be a shame for them to move because they can't get a better arena.

PORTLAND

Or if possible stay in Pittsburgh.

Does anyone honestly think they will move???

The Sabres are still in Buffalo and they went Bankrupt.

The Pens have 2 cups if they move its will be a huge mistake by the NHL.

please winterpeg..they diserve another chance since minnesota got one

I'm sure that kansas city is more interested in tractor pulling

I hope they stay where they are because I hate it when franchises leave. That said Hamilton or Winnipeg would be obvious choices which is why the big brains in the NHL are said to be in favor of Houston :wall::puke::nono::nono:

Article from the Kansas City Star.

http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansascity/s...ts/13401567.htm

Whoah, check this arena out.

http://www.visitkc.com/meeting_planner/wha...rint_center.htm

[Edited on 2005/12/15 by zumpano21]

(Be sure to drop the space near the end of the second link)

Winnipeg

I am tired of these non-hockey markets in the US getting teams. The game is Canadian. This country deserves more then 6 teams. This country could support teams in atleast 10 to 12 markets. Time for the NHL to stop trying to sell the game to people who aren't buying. Time to bring the game back to it's roots.

Quebec: I love the Avalanche, joe Sakic, Peter Forsberg (reluctantly), Adam Foote, Adam Deadmarsh, Valeri Kamensky, Stephane Yelle, Craig Wolanin and everybody else, but Quebec deserves a hockey team. (Not Winnipeg because the Coyotes should be moved back there and become the Jets.)

Plus, the Nordiques had some of the coolest jerseys in hockey. That shade of blue and that pair of pants losing the puck on the front? Priceless.

Originally posted by zumpano21

Article from the Kansas City Star.

http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansascity/s...ts/13401567.htm

Whoah, check this arena out.

(Be sure to drop the space near the end of the second link)

please use the url button to make working links...

After seeing that arena I want a team in KC... it just looks to cool not to play in.

The only winter sports team Pittsburgh has is Football, and that ends in January..

Support isn't the probably with Pittsburgh, it is a hockey town...like Quebec and Winnipeg..but does the city have the financial capabilities...

I like Houston.

It's the fourth largest city in the States, has hockey roots and is a great televison market.

It would be a great win-win for the NHL.

Bettman will not let Crosby end up in Canada now that he was lucky enough to get him to an American team.

Nor should he let the Pens go to Canada. I want Crosby to become a huge hit in the States and grab fans. I want the NHL to be a huge hit in the States!

It won't happen as easily if Crosby is in Canada.

Id have to go with Winnepeg... but id love to see the league expand again... theres alot of NHL caliber players out there not on an NHL team.... So keep the pens in Pittsburgh.... and expand to Winnepeg, Quebec, Hamilton, Halifax, Houston, Kansas City, Seattle(not sure why they dont have a team yet),San Fransisco, and Portland. Yes that was alot... but i think they'd all be great Hockey markets.

:hlogo::ghg::hlogo: