Our Record

redondo

Begging forgiveness if this has been posted elsewhere already, but....I've heard/read quite a few people give a variation on the theme that with our record 8 games over .500 people there really isn't much cause for concern.

Well......Everyone's record will be inflated this year due to shootouts/no overtime tie and if you put our losses and OT losses together, we're just a little better than mediocre, according to our record.

Do I think we're a mediocre team? Talentwise, not a chance. But that Phoenix game was about as close as we came to playing 60 minutes of intelligent hockey, and we have some pretty big holes in key spots in our lineup. Also, Kovalev/Koivu or not, I was really hoping we would assert ourselves a little more by now in terms of imposing our style of play. Whatcha guys think, unrealistic?

Who cares about our record? If we're truly a better team then the others than during the course of an 82 game season we will pass them.

I read somewhere that being one-goal game winners of many games isn't necessarily a cause for concern. It is much more likely a case of a team that has heart and is able to muster what is needed to win in difficult situations.

A few games ago, with Kovalev, Koivu, Komisarek, Markov & Bonk being away and with Bégin being ill, yes we could be qualified as a mediocre team but, when those guys are all there, we're an above average team, so far as I understand.

:hlogo::ghg::hlogo:

Originally posted by shortcat1

I read somewhere that being one-goal game winners of many games isn't necessarily a cause for concern. It is much more likely a case of a team that has heart and is able to muster what is needed to win in difficult situations.

A few games ago, with Kovalev, Koivu, Komisarek, Markov & Bonk being away and with Bégin being ill, yes we could be qualified as a mediocre team but, when those guys are all there, we're an above average team, so far as I understand.

:hlogo::ghg::hlogo:

I have to agree. When all are healthy and accounted for, this Habs team is one to be celebrated, not dumped on.