Habs-Leafs Series Discussion Thread

dlbalr

Just now, dlbalr said:

It's not RDS for the playoffs, it's TVA Sports.

Oh no! I don't think I can get that on nhl.com. ok. Watch on sportsnet and listen to tsn 690 then. Haha

1 hour ago, DON said:

No TSN eh?

Falls under he National contract, not the regional ones that TSN has.

3 hours ago, BCHabnut said:

Oh no! I don't think I can get that on nhl.com. ok. Watch on sportsnet and listen to tsn 690 then. Haha

That's the best option, I think, TSN 690 and whatever video feed you can get your hands on.

3 hours ago, GHT120 said:

Falls under he National contract, not the regional ones that TSN has.

Ahh shitty, oh well, game sound off when watch the PVR it might be then.:spamafote:

21 minutes ago, DON said:

Ahh shitty, oh well, game sound off when watch the PVR it might be then.:spamafote:

if you pvr, it is faily easy to sync with the TSN690 ausi since they record it and make it available after each game.  I've done that a few times and it works well, except that you cannot skip commercial without having to re-sync

sync'ing streaming audio to pvr or live  video from other source:

1. forward the video to a face-off or ref whisle and pause

2. listen to audio, which is lagging the play, until you get to the same point

3. start playing video again.

sometimes you may be 2-3 seconds off, but that can be solved by adjusting the video feed. Audio is more finicky because of how it is buffered by different apps.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, alfredoh2009 said:

if you pvr, it is faily easy to sync with the TSN690 ausi since they record it and make it available after each game.  I've done that a few times and it works well, except that you cannot skip commercial without having to re-sync

Thanks, 

Dont think I miss much of interest from talking heads (and normally fast forward intermissions, fights, disputed goal replays... etc anyways), but 690 home team PBP guys being so Hab focused arnt hard to listen to.

Put KK on a line with Toffoli and Suzuki, or let him centre Anderson and Armia.. he was one of the best players in the bubble last year.. you don’t replace him with Eric Staal

Kotkaniemi from the last doze games this season is closer to the one sent down to Laval than the one in the bubble last year 

36 minutes ago, TheDriveFor25 said:

Official - KK and CC and Romanov not in the lineup for Game 1.

DUMB

This team has so much dept’ it can sit its prospects :bonk:

1 hour ago, TheDriveFor25 said:

Official - KK and CC and Romanov not in the lineup for Game 1.

DUMB

I get DD's theory here, I just don't agree with it. He is giving the veterans first crack to prove themselves. I just don't think we beat Toronto relying just on experience, we need a gunner in there who can make a difference. We will see Caulfield by game 3 at the very latest. 

16 minutes ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

I get DD's theory here, I just don't agree with it. He is giving the veterans first crack to prove themselves. I just don't think we beat Toronto relying just on experience, we need a gunner in there who can make a difference. We will see Caulfield by game 3 at the very latest. 

I agree. It is a typical rookie head coaching mistake, actually - default to what feels "safest." Yes, it is a balancing act, but leaving all three out is erring too much on the side of caution and ignoring the strengths of Romanov and CC in particular.

Heck, one reason the team was successful against PITTS was the confidence it showed in untested youngsters Suzuki and KK; the playoffs can often be a coming out party for promising young players. By sitting ALL of them you deprive the team of the chance to have that happen.

Dumb.

34 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

I agree. It is a typical rookie head coaching mistake, actually - default to what feels "safest." Yes, it is a balancing act, but leaving all three out is erring too much on the side of caution and ignoring the strengths of Romanov and CC in particular.

Heck, one reason the team was successful against PITTS was the confidence it showed in untested youngsters Suzuki and KK; the playoffs can often be a coming out party for promising young players. By sitting ALL of them you deprive the team of the chance to have that happen.

Dumb.

Well said! It's fun to watch youngsters grow by gaining playoff experience. There is something to be said for youthful exuberance. 

I dont mind at all. Play the vets in game 1 and if they win it was the right move, if they lose, add some young guns. This is a best of 7 series, there will be changes to the roster along the way. The playoffs are a different beast and Game 1 will be an excellent barometer to see how the two teams stack up against eachother. 

I’d like CC in, especially. But that’s without seeing the line configurations. Also does this mean Evans > KK? Because if so, I’d have preferred KK.

About a week and 4 hours left till the off-season starts.

Will be just a sea of pink slips next week...Molson will clean house.:nuts:

All I want is one win by the Habs so that I can collect $20 bucks from my neighbour 

Go Geriatric Habs Go!

:money:

Those tickets are going to be paid in gold bars 

While he is not everyone's cup of tea, Jack's right on this one

But hope he isn't right about this