Habs-Leafs Series Discussion Thread

dlbalr

22 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

Are the borders open between Ontario an Quebec?

I have not been to visit my family in Montreal since they closed them

Technically they are closed ... but not certain how well either province is enforcing it ... PLUS, there are Leaf fans that live in Montreal

1 hour ago, alfredoh2009 said:

Are the borders open between Ontario an Quebec?

I have not been to visit my family in Montreal since they closed them

They are not, indeed.

But there are probably some Leafs fans living in Quebec, too.

9 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

They are not, indeed.

But there are probably some Leafs fans living in Quebec, too.

There are ... and I also doubt they have police performing checks on every route across the border 24/7 ... 

27 minutes ago, Trizzak said:

I tried to post the gif but couldn't make it work on mobile.

I was wondering if anyone would get the reference, then realized it was you I was responding to, so it very well could have been the exact reference you were going for, haha.

16 minutes ago, Fanpuck33 said:

I was wondering if anyone would get the reference, then realized it was you I was responding to, so it very well could have been the exact reference you were going for, haha.

Mighty Kites!

8 minutes ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

Even if the Leafs win, this series has taken a big toll on them, mentally and physically. You have to like the Jets chances in the next round. 

Physically, that’s absolutely right. That is one area where the Habs are probably tops in the league - meting out physical punishment. And the Jets don’t play pat-a-cake either. 

Mentally, I think if the Leafs do win Game 7, it will lift them much in the way that finally squeaking out a win against Chicago lifted the Vancouver Canucks in 2011. Not that the Habs are the 2011 Hawks (LOL) but it will be the same gorilla thrown off the team’s back. 

2 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Physically, that’s absolutely right. That is one area where the Habs are probably tops in the league - meting out physical punishment. And the Jets don’t play pat-a-cake either. 

Mentally, I think if the Leafs do win Game 7, it will lift them much in the way that finally squeaking out a win against Chicago lifted the Vancouver Canucks in 2011. Not that the Habs are the 2011 Hawks (LOL) but it will be the same gorilla thrown off the team’s back. 

I agree, if the Leafs win then it will be like a gorilla taken off their back as the pressure on them to win game 7 is enormous.  They won't have a lot of time to enjoy that victory though as there will be no rest before the next series. It's a long grind to win the cup, most teams that win have had some sort of break along the way to recharge, there will be no recharging time for the Leafs.  The other series will be going into Game 3 by the time the North final starts. 

Pulling for ya Norm!:clap: 

HabsWorld Predicts: 2021 Playoffs – Round 1, Part

Montreal Canadiens vs Toronto Maple Leafs

Norm Szcyrek predicts: Canadiens in 7 games
Brian La Rose predicts: Maple Leafs in 5 games
Kevin Leveille predicts: Maple Leafs in 5 games
Allan Katz predicts:  Canadiens in 6 games

11 hours ago, DON said:

Pulling for ya Norm!:clap: 

HabsWorld Predicts: 2021 Playoffs – Round 1, Part

Montreal Canadiens vs Toronto Maple Leafs

Norm Szcyrek predicts: Canadiens in 7 games
Brian La Rose predicts: Maple Leafs in 5 games
Kevin Leveille predicts: Maple Leafs in 5 games
Allan Katz predicts:  Canadiens in 6 games

Thrilled to be wrong on this one.  Of the eight series, this was the only one I didn't pick the right team.