2021 NHL Playoffs

Neech

3 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

great news, thank goodness that elections are in the air and the government needed to be seen in a positive light !

5 hours ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

Me too

I do think that line and those two players in particular are greatly benefiting from Armia‘s strong play

A lot of people seem to underestimate Armia too.  I've always thought it would be a big mistake to get rid of him.  Armia should be resigned long term, and for cheap.  

I liked what Staal said about Armia:

“I think the part you appreciate when you play with a guy like that is the finer points,” Staal said about Armia. “A lot of stuff that he does on the ice gets, I would say, overlooked at times. But his skill level is real high, he’s got a great stick, good speed, great shot. A lot of tools that are top-notch. Smart player, too. So it’s been fun to play alongside him. Great kid, good person and someone that you like to be out there with because he does a lot of the detail work that sometimes goes unnoticed, but in playoffs that stuff gets noticed. He’s been key for us and hopefully he keeps it going.”

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Sir_Boagalott said:

A lot of people seem to underestimate Armia too.  I've always thought it would be a big mistake to get rid of him.  Armia should be resigned long term, and for cheap ...

May I assume you are not Armia's agent?    Guess it all depends on what you consider "cheap" ... and "long term" ... I don't expect a player like Armia to get more than 3 years (maybe 2) ... likely around (+/-) his current $2.6M cap hit ... he has only once come close to a full 82 game season (79 games in his last season as a Jet) ... a 15g/82gm scorer, but he only averages 56 games per season ... 

It was weird seeing Tinordi and Mike Reilly playing for the Bruins against NYI yesterday

If the Habs make it that far and they Face each other, Inlike the Habs’ chances 

They’ll finish either Thursday or Saturday now, semifinals to start Saturday or Monday.

If the Habs can win tomorrow, they would have either four or six days off. I do think that would be good, more time for Ducharme to work with the team.

1 hour ago, tomh009 said:

They’ll finish either Thursday or Saturday now, semifinals to start Saturday or Monday.

If the Habs can win tomorrow, they would have either four or six days off. I do think that would be good, more time for Ducharme to work with the team.

It doesn't seem like there is much work to do with the team right now.  Just open the gate and let them go.  Don't want to mess with anything right now. 

I really believe the hit on Jake Evans gave the Habs some extra resolve. Big big mistake by Scheifele. 

3 hours ago, tomh009 said:

I'm surprised that the VGN have battled back.  When Col lead by 2 I figured the Habs needed to sweep or the Avs would get rest.  Fortunately I was wrong and its the other way around.  

I have no idea who I'd rather see the Habs play.   The Habs have no history against Vegas, but the Avs are old rivals.   It would be interesting to see an Adams Division Championship happen in the 3rd round.  

LAS VEGAS (AP) — After the Vegas Golden Knights lost the first two games of their second-round series against the Colorado Avalanche, captain Mark Stone said no team is out of a series until it loses at home.

What does he know, the Habs lost 1 road game and then both of their 1st 2 home games and still won the series vs the Leafs.  🤣

4 hours ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

Nobody would have predicted Habs vs Islanders!

Poor TBL ... reduced to irrelevency.

3 hours ago, alfredoh2009 said:

I would love a Habs-Bruins final

3 hours ago, tomh009 said:

1993, it's deja vu? 😄

Cart before the Horse

• Upvote 2

Molson now has the chance to issue an actual invitation for games 1 and/or 2 of the semis.

Vegas and Col going into OT.  

Damn, is Vegas ever tall.  They only have players 2 players under 6', 3 that are 6',  5 are 6'1", 13 are 6'-2", and the rest are 6'3"+.

Vegas just won Game 5.  

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Sir_Boagalott said:

Vegas and Col going into OT.  

Damn, is Vegas ever tall.  They only have players 2 players under 6', 3 that are 6',  5 are 6'1", 13 are 6'-2", and the rest are 6'3"+.

Vegas just won Game 5.  

My preferred marchup

VGK, and the post-Pacioretty trade. I like Patches and would love to see a series against his team and have the Habs roll over them 😜

16 minutes ago, DON said:

Stone with OT winner and now Aves with backs against the wall.

Who do we want to play?:spamafote:

I don’t like playing either of them healthy and if they are firing on all cylinders. I just hope they go the distance and beat each other up for us. They were the two cup favourites from the old western conference going into the year.

2 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

My preferred marchup

VGK, and the post-Pacioretty trade. I like Patches and would love to see a series against his team and have the Habs roll over them 😜

I’d rather beat Colorado and get some semblance of revenge for fleecing us on the Roy trade. But both are going to be real tough opponents.

Vegas has played a lot of hockey already. Our D could expose them to a beating they haven’t had yet.

I also like the Fleury-Price matchup. (Did you see that first COL goal?… vintage fleury absenteeism)

11 hours ago, Sir_Boagalott said:

From their vantage point, they might not even spot Caufield sneaking by! 😁

• dlbalr unpinned this topic