Chipchura named Captain of Canada for WJHC

gohabsgo252006

Great news. This really proves his leadership potential. Latendresse should also have a good WJC (I predict a great one in fact). Still pissed over Price. He deserved at least the no.2 spot.

THe pick of Dubnyk boggles my mind a bit, but Chipchura is looking good, and he will be a leader for a long time, another big kid at 6'1, 209, i wouldn't be surprised to see him fighting for a spot on the habs next year. ANother solid 2 way guy with some offensive upside.

The team will be getting bigger if, Lats and Chipper can make the squad next year and i would not be surprised with either. Ridding ourselves of Ribs, Dags, and others, for cheaper and more effective young guys, will allow BG more cap room to add other elite types. The value of youth is immeasurable in the new NHL cap world, b/c of the restricted salaries they are under.

:ghg:

Edmonton was criticized when they picked Dubnyk. Dubnyk was rated in the lower top five of the goalie prospects in his year and he got picked ahead of some guys.

At the time he got drafted I remember some TSN analysts were wondering why Edmonton picked Dubnyk (big in size) over Corey Scheiner (small but better than Dubnyk).

If I remember right Pogge was drafted in the third round :|

Why is Chipchura often referred to as "big"? He seems like average or slightly above average in height. People make it sound like he's 6"3, 220 lbs.

Originally posted by Tony

Edmonton was criticized when they picked Dubnyk. Dubnyk was rated in the lower top five of the goalie prospects in his year and he got picked ahead of some guys.

At the time he got drafted I remember some TSN analysts were wondering why Edmonton picked Dubnyk (big in size) over Corey Scheiner (small but better than Dubnyk).

What does draft round have to do with who made the team? I think Price should be there over Dubnyk too but I'm not Sutter and he's seen a lot of all 3 while coaching Red Deer. Pogge has been playing amazing this season so far and I'm glad Sutter rewarded him. Now hopefully he can show the rest of Canada what he can do because I know a lot of people are doubting him.

Originally posted by jetsniper
Originally posted by Tony

What does draft round have to do with who made the team? I think Price should be there over Dubnyk too but I'm not Sutter and he's seen a lot of all 3 while coaching Red Deer. Pogge has been playing amazing this season so far and I'm glad Sutter rewarded him. Now hopefully he can show the rest of Canada what he can do because I know a lot of people are doubting him.

When Dubnyk, Price or Pogge got drafted has nothing to do with who should be playing, was just pointing that out :P

If Pogge out-played every goalie there then let him be the starter. Price out-played Dubnyk and yet he Price got cut, that's all I'm saying.