2021 PLAYOFF OPENER! HABS VS LEAFS! MAY 20TH @ 19:30 ET

illWill

29 minutes ago, johnnyhasbeen said:

The streak continues! 15 more wins to go.....

I like this! Well said!

• Like 1

How does Campbell feel failing to stop a shot from a guy just barely who's just barely recovered his kneeling position and sliding past?/???? 

My favorite goal.

Dad was right. Its important to have goals in life. 

12 minutes ago, BCHabnut said:

I was so focused on the trip, I missed the goal. I immediately looked for a ref. 

As soon as I saw Byron get tripped I assumed he would score.  However, I figured he would shuffle board the puck through the goalies 5 hole.  Surprisingly, he actually got off a really good shot.  

2 hours ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Anderson is a beast. Pretty sure Leafs fans will hate him before this series is done.

Anderson and Taffoli were both great tonight. Anderson could have had a couple of goals. Perry’s crease front presence is something we’ve lacked I think since Leclair in 93.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Replace ####-on-a-Bull Tatar with Caufield

I wouldn’t mind that move either. PP could have costed us tonight. Only real shots were from Weber.

1 hour ago, TurdBurglar said:

Craig Button said Habs couldn't win a game against the leafs.  He's like a weatherman, you can be wrong every day of your career, but they tell you to come back and do it again tomorrow.

👏

1 hour ago, Trizzak said:

The question is will @hab29RETIREDget a tattoo of Byron's face on his chest or on his lower back?

It was a beautiful goal. Horrible play by Sandin and an incredible play by Byron while falling to get it up and in. But I’m a no tattoo guy.😁

I still think we need to find a way to get Caufield in. Our PP was shit and without an improvement it’s eventually going to bite us in the ass.  But I’ll take the win with the shit PP for the night! 😁

8 minutes ago, hab29RETIRED said:

It was a beautiful goal. Horrible play by Sandin and an incredible play by Byron while falling to get it up and in. But I’m a no tattoo guy.😁

I still think we need to find a way to get Caufield in. Our PP was shit and without an improvement it’s eventually going to bite us in the ass.  But I’ll take the win with the shit PP for the night! 😁

Agreed, quite often the PP is a difference maker in a series and the Habs PP has to get better. But we will definitely take the win. A little bit of pressure on the Leafs going into game 2. 

4 minutes ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

Agreed, quite often the PP is a difference maker in a series and the Habs PP has to get better. But we will definitely take the win. A little bit of pressure on the Leafs going into game 2. 

I think all if the pressure is in them - even more with the Tavares injury. Horrible and unfortunate and usually we are the ones losing a major star with those type of plays - Zednik almost had his head taken off by an actual dirty play by the Bruins. Koivu almost blinded by the Canes who were down 2-0 amd with Koivu out we lose the series. At beat if it an extremely careless stick infraction that should have been a suspendable play. Price lost in the semifinals by a cheap shot by Kreider. 
I think we need to take advantage of not having to worry about two dominant Leaf lines and get Caufield in to see if he can give the pp a boast. 

2 minutes ago, hab29RETIRED said:

I think all if the pressure is in them - even more with the Tavares injury. Horrible and unfortunate and usually we are the ones losing a major star with those type of plays - Zednik almost had his head taken off by an actual dirty play by the Bruins. Koivu almost blinded by the Canes who were down 2-0 amd with Koivu out we lose the series. At beat if it an extremely careless stick infraction that should have been a suspendable play. Price lost in the semifinals by a cheap shot by Kreider. 
I think we need to take advantage of not having to worry about two dominant Leaf lines and get Caufield in to see if he can give the pp a boast. 

You have a good memory, it's usually been the Habs on the receiving end of those "unfortunate" injuries. I remember the Zednik one now, that was a brutal stiff arm from McLaren. I hope Tavares is OK, hate to see that happen. Really unfortunate, hate to see that happen to anybody especially a class act like Tavares. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

You have a good memory, it's usually been the Habs on the receiving end of those "unfortunate" injuries. I remember the Zednik one now, that was a brutal stiff arm from McLaren. I hope Tavares is OK, hate to see that happen. Really unfortunate, hate to see that happen to anybody especially a class act like Tavares. 

Yeah, I hope he is okay as well. Hate to see that.

10 hours ago, dlbalr said:

For anyone wondering, no, I'm not doing the recap for this one.  The Habs will have a chance after all...

Will you keep the steak going ?

9 hours ago, hab29RETIRED said:

The list of catastrophic injuries to Habs’ key Habs players can be easily expanded. Markov lost two years including the crucial 2009 playoff to a huge knee injury. Patches was deliberately taken out by Chara just in time for a 7-game OT series against the Habs. We were robbed of a real chance to reach the Finals by Kreider, and our 2016 was ruined because of Price’s losing the entire season. Apart from the blinding of Koivu, he was also permanently crippled by the catastrophic knee injury in 1996, never the same again.  Don’t forget Donald Audette, a first-line FW whose arm was severed in the playoffs after a handful of games for us.

The Tavares injury was horrible and I wouldn’t wish it on any player. But if we’re talking about crucial injuries to indispensable players, the Habs have had a chronic and disastrous time of it this century.

11 hours ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

WWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I couldnt have put it any better.:1banana:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TurdBurglar said:

Tavares out of the hospital this morning, will be out indefinitely.

Here's where that creepy ugly thing we all have raises its two heads. I am genuinely and naturally sorry Tavares got whacked and very hopeful he recovers one hundred percent 

But how sick is it that at the same time.... I'm going..... "good".. we have a better chance to win! 

How low would I go? Hope for no Mathews? No Marner? Why not just mail the cup to someone at the end of the year?? 

Weird eh? Conflicting principles 

In the end... and I use that phrase in a nice way... I think  we all want to see Les not quite so Glorieux triumph in a grand display of manly.... ya.. manly .. excellence and spirit. 

2 minutes ago, Toronthab said:

Here's where that creepy ugly thing we all have raises its two heads. I am genuinely and naturally sorry Tavares got whacked and very hopeful he recovers one hundred percent 

But how sick is it that at the same time.... I'm going..... "good".. we have a better chance to win! 

How low would I go? Hope for no Mathews? No Marner? Why not just mail the cup to someone at the end of the year?? 

Weird eh? Conflicting principles 

In the end... and I use that phrase in a nice way... I think  we all want to see Les not quite so Glorieux triumph in a grand display of manly.... ya.. manly .. excellence and spirit. 

Good on you for bringing this up. I had the same conflict. My first thought was of shock at what I had just seen and concern for his safety. Once I saw the thumb go up, my thought became, man I hope he is OK and I am concerned, but if he is OK, their top 6 just got weaker. There was definitely some internal conflict for me.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BCHabnut said:

Good on you for bringing this up. I had the same conflict. My first thought was of shock at what I had just seen and concern for his safety. Once I saw the thumb go up, my thought became, man I hope he is OK and I am concerned, but if he is OK, their top 6 just got weaker. There was definitely some internal conflict for me.

The eternal conflict between conscience and other instincts. But is is a little discomfiting to see it alive and well in ourselves. I of course like to think I'm a fine upstanding renaissance plus man with a great slapshot. ..And then theres...me... :-) 

7 hours ago, alfredoh2009 said:

Will you keep the steak going ?

I should point out that I'm the last resort writer - I try to step in and take the games when none of our other writers are able to do so.  As long as we have others that are able to cover the game, I won't be writing the postgames.