Sykora to Habs/Bruins

JimmyBeans

Originally posted by Bulis_the_Habbie

There's a difference between commenting and beating up on. I commented and you started to beat up on my words. I said I didn't think your team would be realistic to build in only 1 season. Wow, I can really see how that offended you.

And about Ribiero, I don't like him either (who does?) but many would agree that he definitely does have talent. But ya, you must be the one who's right.

So you want a guy who will cheapshot the others? You sound like you're from the Leafs. The Habs have always been one of the classiest teams around if not THE classiest. And you want guys who will cheapshot others. Do you want Avery too? How about Tucker?

And why keep saying beat up your posts. The only times we ever disagreed were about Crosby, your dream Habs team and on predictions before the season.

You said that I wanted to trade the crap and replace them with stars and you didn't see how that could be done. I never proposed to trade crap for stars. The stars would be picked up as UFA and to get rid of the crap. Maybe its not what you meant, but its how it comes out when you read it, so yes I was offended. I find ridiculous when people offer 5 crap players for a star, so yes I got offended. He has passing talent, but that doesn't make him a talented player. Talented players have to be good all around. Sundstrom is very talented defensively, but that doesn't make him a talented player. I doubt that Ribs as much value on the market and that he's persived as beeing a talented player. He has way too many weaknesses to be a good player.

Habs, one of the classiest organizations??? In the way they treat their players yes but not in how they treated the other teams. The Habs always had mean players who gave cheapshots during their great years. You think Maurice Richard wasn't a mean player who gave cheapshots? Guess what, he was one of the worst and he's our greatest player ever. Feared players bring a dominance on the ice that others can't produce. You think Robinson wasn't mean, Serge Savard and many others. Trust me on this one, the Habs have a bunch of mean players that made them the 24 cup winners that ther are.

And Chara is not that bad, he will give it to the other guys when its well diserved. When a player slamed into Hasek a few weeks ago, Chara almost killed the guy...yes I want that on my team because we don't have anyone like that. No one protects our goalie and good players when they are roughed up. A bunch of good guys don't go far in the playoffs. Our 86 team was mean and it gave them a cup. Chelios, Lemieux, these guys were rough. I would love to still have Tucker. Avery is an idiot, that's different.

Lets forget about this silly argument but try to be carefull of what you write, it may not be what you meant, but its what you wrote. That's why I sometime hate these sites, because writing is not as precise as speaking.

Anyways, sorry for the attack, I think that you are a great contributor to this site and one of the reasons why its fun to come here once in a while. Hopefully, we can start on a fresh note and lets try to avoid the bashing...but not the arguying...its always good to have others to challenge your ideas.

I still think that its not that hard to build the team I mentionned. A couple of UFA is not that hard to get (not easy but not impossible). It doesn't have to be Redden and Richards, all I want is a very good D and a good 2nd line center.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Komisarek the Cruncher
Originally posted by koivu-11
Originally posted by HAB4EVA

I don't thin we should trade Zednik for Sykora. Sykora is worth over 3M a year and Zednik is just as productive. I would get him for picks unless they would take Bonk.

Zednik is making 1.8M$, but will probably ask for more next year, although he has no arguments to back that up because he's terrible this year.

As for Sykora, its is last year and won't be making 3M$ next year. Probably around 2M$ considering the season he is having...so money should not be an issue here.

Is Sykora better then Zednik? I think so. Zednik as leveled off and will never be more then what we have seen from him. As for Sykora, he's still just 29 and as had very good years (much better then Zednik ever had) in the past. I would trade Zednik for Sykora if we can retain Sykora's services next year for 2M$.

Don't forget that the cap is now rumoured to be between 40 and 45M$ next year since the NHL is doing better then expected. We will have plenty of cap space to make a few moves. We need 1 very good D and a new 2nd line center. We also need to lose Bonk...waiver I don't care.

Latendresse-Koivu-Kovalev

Perezhogin-?-Ryder

Bulis-Plekanec-Higgins

?-Bégin-?

We can sign a good 2nd line center as a FA or make a trade for one (personnaly, I would love to get Richards)and fill the 4th line with cheap gritty FA.

At D:

Markov-Rivet

?-Komisarek

Bouillon-Dandenault

I would love to get Redden as a FA. Those top 2 D pairs would be getting most of the ice time with Bouillon and Dandy being a very good 3rd pair for the 10-15 minutes they would have to play.

For goalies, well everyone knows i don't like Theo (proud to be is #1 hater, because I'm sure Bob doesn't like him either), so stuck with him until Price is ready in 2-3 years.

Your talking crazy talk and i dont think latendress will be with us next season even if he is that good he will still be young and we will have players with the team making it for sure unless something happens i dont know.

But if something were not to happen then plekanec can play the seconline center. this is how i think it will happen next season, and you forgot that we will have souray next season, this is my prediction is what the lines would be.

Sykora-Koivu-Kovalev

Perezhogin-Plekanec-ryder/zednik ( if one of them stay)

Bulis-Higgins-Sundtrum

Begin-Murray-Dags(if not traded or someone els.)

And you will be able to play with these lines alot.

Latendresse almost made the team this year...why would he not be able to make next year?

Look at the crap we have as wingers on our top 2 lines, Latendresse can easily replace Zed or the rotation of left wingers we have been having on the 2nd line. Besides, don't you think that they are realizing more then ever that we don't have big gritty wingers who charge the net and go stand in front of it. Unless he chokes at next year's camp, count on Latendresse to make the team. There's nobody in the AHL who is good enough that will be making the team. Kostitsyn is not ready and I'm starting to wounder if he will ever be ready.

Souray is FA at the end of the year by the way...so good bye.

As for your lines...your the one doing the crazy talk. Sykora is not part of the team and I don't think that BG will go get him as a FA and would let him go at the end of this year if he were to get him this year in a trade. Dags is no 4th liner. Sundstrom is a FA so good bye. I like Plekanec, but is no 2nd line center. We need someone better then that if we want to be a top team. He's the perfect 2-way 3rd line center. Higgins was converted to a winger 2 years ago because he sucks a face-off and the Habs have no intention of playing him as a center (did not play center once this year...I think it says it all). As for Ryder/Zednik, I think its quite obvious that Ryder is a much better scorer and natural scorer then Zednik. Ryder plays with the idiot Ribs and scores a lot vs. Zednik who can't score with Koivu and Kovalev.

Sorry, but your predictions are full of errors and things that are impossible. Get your facts staright before saying that someone is crazy talking...you kind of lose credibility when you follow that we a lineup filled of mistakes.

I think mine is much more realistic. Yours is giving us a team with a 30M$ payroll when we will be able to spend over 40M$ next year. Why settled for less if you can have better players????

First thing buddy u need a chill pill so go get one before u read this...ok.

Now redden yes umm why would he come to a rivals team when hes with a stanley cup contending team? Then richards i dont want him in montreal and i think plekanec can do more of a better job then expected with the 2nd line center job.

Then souray has one more year told by many people i know then u say alot of players are gone...Um use ur head and watch the games ok, if it werent for plek and higgins we would have got our ass kicked once again, and sundstrum is one of the best defensive players in the league....the great one said it him self

So gainey would be foolish not to sign him again ribeiro i couldnt are sucks...as for sykora if montreal were to get him it would be perfect for koivu for all the room him and kovalev would make because of there size...bulis i dont know but i can see him back for less tho.

Ryder and Zednik i like them both but i see one of them gone not both and with one of them we will get a Dman so either ryder or zednik will still remain with the team and my guess is ryder because he is a natural goal scorer.

Then bonk will prob be gone i hope...and montreal wont even have the money to get redden or richards.

If you think of it mtl has key players to sign even if u dont like it or realize it...

SAKU KOIVU

BULIS

SUNDSTRUM

RYDER

and others.

So dont freak out we already have alot of young guys with this team thats staying and making it and wants alot of ice time. perezhogin is one of them hes mtls future...so yes its a possebility on what happens with mtl in the end of the season. but i dont count 100% latendress will make the team, and you have to think he is young and still has to mature.

Sorry for it being so long, and dont start freaking out on me or bulis_the_habbie..thanks:hlogo::ghg::hlogo:

Originally posted by Bulis_the_Habbie

There's a difference between commenting and beating up on. I commented and you started to beat up on my words. I said I didn't think your team would be realistic to build in only 1 season. Wow, I can really see how that offended you.

And about Ribiero, I don't like him either (who does?) but many would agree that he definitely does have talent. But ya, you must be the one who's right.

So you want a guy who will cheapshot the others? You sound like you're from the Leafs. The Habs have always been one of the classiest teams around if not THE classiest. And you want guys who will cheapshot others. Do you want Avery too? How about Tucker?

And why keep saying beat up your posts. The only times we ever disagreed were about Crosby, your dream Habs team and on predictions before the season.

You said that I wanted to trade the crap and replace them with stars and you didn't see how that could be done. I never proposed to trade crap for stars. The stars would be picked up as UFA and to get rid of the crap. Maybe its not what you meant, but its how it comes out when you read it, so yes I was offended. I find ridiculous when people offer 5 crap players for a star, so yes I got offended. He has passing talent, but that doesn't make him a talented player. Talented players have to be good all around. Sundstrom is very talented defensively, but that doesn't make him a talented player. I doubt that Ribs as much value on the market and that he's persived as beeing a talented player. He has way too many weaknesses to be a good player.

Habs, one of the classiest organizations??? In the way they treat their players yes but not in how they treated the other teams. The Habs always had mean players who gave cheapshots during their great years. You think Maurice Richard wasn't a mean player who gave cheapshots? Guess what, he was one of the worst and he's our greatest player ever. Feared players bring a dominance on the ice that others can't produce. You think Robinson wasn't mean, Serge Savard and many others. Trust me on this one, the Habs have a bunch of mean players that made them the 24 cup winners that ther are.

And Chara is not that bad, he will give it to the other guys when its well diserved. When a player slamed into Hasek a few weeks ago, Chara almost killed the guy...yes I want that on my team because we don't have anyone like that. No one protects our goalie and good players when they are roughed up. A bunch of good guys don't go far in the playoffs. Our 86 team was mean and it gave them a cup. Chelios, Lemieux, these guys were rough. I would love to still have Tucker. Avery is an idiot, that's different.

Lets forget about this silly argument but try to be carefull of what you write, it may not be what you meant, but its what you wrote. That's why I sometime hate these sites, because writing is not as precise as speaking.

Anyways, sorry for the attack, I think that you are a great contributor to this site and one of the reasons why its fun to come here once in a while. Hopefully, we can start on a fresh note and lets try to avoid the bashing...but not the arguying...its always good to have others to challenge your ideas.

I still think that its not that hard to build the team I mentionned. A couple of UFA is not that hard to get (not easy but not impossible). It doesn't have to be Redden and Richards, all I want is a very good D and a good 2nd line center.

Oh well i didnt read this post pasted my mind just ignore what i said but somethings i said about the team if it made sense would be right lol

Originally posted by kaos

Trade Dagenais and Bulis for Sykora. Niether would be missed.

Bulis would be missed by someone. I'm not sure if it would be enough for Sykora though. But if it is then we lose a checker. How will replace him on the thirdline? The only options are moving up Begin, or sending down Plekanec or Higgins. There goes their icetime.

Bulis is confusing me. It's almost as if he doesn't fit in Montreal but I can't explain why.

His recent offensive struggles are confusing too. I find he cycles when there is little or no hope of receiving a pass. I am frustrated with him. I hope he turns the page.

As for trades, we will see. I figure Bob will do something but nothing dramatic...a tweak move so to speak.

You never know what's going on out there. The Bertuzzi/Montreal rumours are still circulating. We'll see in time I guess.

Here's hoping Bulis turns it up a notch.

I was talking at work with A leaf fan co-worker he's a funny guy but YES!! he 's got that defect he like the Buds! In any case we were talking about bert... Both of us being in Vancouver ofcourse so we do have some insight (minimum) and were objective towards what Bert... Both of us want him in our respective teams yes... but what are we willing to trade for! ... I dropped a couple of names from our part and he did too... But at the end! we realized Heck even if Bert Hates it here! The Canucks have what it takes to get to the finals (with Alex Auld on net) they could even get someone off Waivers or even at the trade deadline! why would the Canucks trade Bert? unreasonable!

Originally posted by ch_nl

Just saw that Dan McGillis was put on waivers. 2,2 million. Will he be taken? Should Montreal?

As I see it Bulis could be replaces by both Higgins and Plekanec.

Dan McGillis isn't as good in the new NHL. Not saying he's bad though. When NJ lost Niedermayer and Stevens they wanted some good, big defenceman so they quickly signed Rafalski and McGillis. They're over the cap though so they're probably begging for someone to claim McGillis. I think there's a good chance that he'll be claimed though. Not by the Habs though. He's too expensive for us.

Originally posted by koivu-11

First thing buddy u need a chill pill so go get one before u read this...ok.

Now redden yes umm why would he come to a rivals team when hes with a stanley cup contending team? Then richards i dont want him in montreal and i think plekanec can do more of a better job then expected with the 2nd line center job.

Then souray has one more year told by many people i know then u say alot of players are gone...Um use ur head and watch the games ok, if it werent for plek and higgins we would have got our ass kicked once again, and sundstrum is one of the best defensive players in the league....the great one said it him self

So gainey would be foolish not to sign him again ribeiro i couldnt are sucks...as for sykora if montreal were to get him it would be perfect for koivu for all the room him and kovalev would make because of there size...bulis i dont know but i can see him back for less tho.

Ryder and Zednik i like them both but i see one of them gone not both and with one of them we will get a Dman so either ryder or zednik will still remain with the team and my guess is ryder because he is a natural goal scorer.

Then bonk will prob be gone i hope...and montreal wont even have the money to get redden or richards.

If you think of it mtl has key players to sign even if u dont like it or realize it...

SAKU KOIVU

BULIS

SUNDSTRUM

RYDER

and others.

So dont freak out we already have alot of young guys with this team thats staying and making it and wants alot of ice time. perezhogin is one of them hes mtls future...so yes its a possebility on what happens with mtl in the end of the season. but i dont count 100% latendress will make the team, and you have to think he is young and still has to mature.

Sorry for it being so long, and dont start freaking out on me or bulis_the_habbie..thanks:hlogo::ghg::hlogo:

1) Ottawa won't be able to keep Chara and Redden. Its been mentionned many times. They prefer Chara, so Redden will have to go somewhere else, wheter he likes it or not. Then, anything is possible. When players are UFA, they don't care if the new team was a rival prior to that. They want $, a good team and a nice city. So Redden coming here is possible if BG makes him a good offer.

2) Why wouldn't you want Richards in Mtl. One of the best 2-way centers in the league? I would take him anyday. I like Plecanek, but he doesn't come close to Richards potential. Plecanuk could do a decent job as 2nd center if surrounded with 2 offensive wingers, because his offense is decent but not more then that.

3) As for Souray, don't care what others say, I know for a fact that he's a UFA at the end of the year. He will have completed his 9th year and will be 30 years old in July. The new CBA makes him a UFA. Tell your bodys they're wrong. Here's the rule for the new CBA from NHI.com:

Unrestricted Free Agency - For the 2005-06 season, a player age 31 with four accrued seasons will be an unrestricted free agent; in 2006-07, a player age 29 with four accrued seasons or with eight accrued seasons; in 2007-08, a player age 28 with four accrued seasons or with seven accrued seasons; beginning in 2008-09 and for the duration of the agreement, a player age 27 with four accrued seasons or with seven accrued seasons will be an unrestricted free agent. For purposes of qualifying for unrestricted free agency, the 2004-05 cancelled season will be counted as a year of accrued service.

He respects both criterias, he will be 29 with 4 years or just 8 years.

4) Then you say to use my head because Plek and Higgins played great...I don't see the connection? Their both on my predicted team and I like them both very much. They are are future 3rd line.

5) As for Sundstrom, I like him, but he'sa UFA at the end of the year and I doubt very much that BG will sign him again. He needs to make room for our youg guys. Higgins his the perfect replacement for him. Higgins is not a top 2 line player. Plek is by default, but ideally he would be on a 3rd line also. They're hard working players with decent offensive skills. They have always been labeled 3rd line material and that hasn't changed.

6) Nothing against Sykora, I like him but he would be blocking a spot for our young guys and Latendresse will make the team next year...the opposite would be very surprising.

7) I agree that between Zed and Ryder, Zed his the one that needs to go. Ryder is just a much more natural goal scorer and cheaper, since less experience.

8) As for having key players to sign, we have the whole team to sign except Theo, Kovalev, Rivet, Bonk (yeurk, he still has a year left on his contract) and Dandenault. All the others contract are up as restricted FA or UFA at the end of the year. Beeing a CA (Chartered accountant), here's a quick budget analysis to prove we have the $ to sign Redden and a good 2nd line center:

Goalie (6.3):

Theo (5.3)

Danis (1)

Defensemen (14.4):

River (2.7)

Markov (2)

Dandy (1.7)

Bouillon (0.8)

Komi (1.2)

Redden (6)

Forwards (19.6):

Latendresse (1)

Koivu (4)

Kovalev (4.5)

Ryder (1.5)

Good 2nd center (3)

Peroz (1)

Plek (0.8)

Higgins (1)

Bulis (1)

Begin (0.8)

? (0.5)

? (0.5)

3 substitute for 2M

Total of 42.3M$

The cap is beeing mentionned to be between 40 and 45M next year. These are just estimates, but they are based on their current salaries. First, we don't need to carry 23 players on the roster. Second, it doesn't have to be Redden, a good D for 4 to 5 would be very good also. I gave 4 to Koivu which is generous. He his always injured and only a poor team's 1st line center. 3.5 is enough. Anyways, this is just to show that we have the cap space to do things. Don't have to be exactly what I wrote, just to give you guys an idea of our team's payroll next year and the possibilities we have.

Everytime I log onto the site and see the most recent threads and I see, for example, this one as recently updated, I get excited as there might be some news or progression on the Sykora rumors...so I click on the link.

But I apparently enter into a deep, albeit interesting, conversation between BTH and KTC about a topic that has spun away from the orginal topic of the thread.

The occasional, breif, tangent on subjects is normal, but when the discussion goes beyond a page, perhaps it should be moved to its own proper thread or even into a private conversation.

The thread is about the Sykora rumors.

Originally posted by GoHabs2002

Everytime I log onto the site and see the most recent threads and I see, for example, this one as recently updated, I get excited as there might be some news or progression on the Sykora rumors...so I click on the link.

But I apparently enter into a deep, albeit interesting, conversation between BTH and KTC about a topic that has spun away from the orginal topic of the thread.

The occasional, breif, tangent on subjects is normal, but when the discussion goes beyond a page, perhaps it should be moved to its own proper thread or even into a private conversation.

The thread is about the Sykora rumors.

Discussions over.

Wtv i understand but i think sundstrum will still be with us and also were acting like babies lol all of us its only 30 games into the season lol theres still another 52 left and then theres the off-season well see what happens then.

EDIT: No need to quote such long messages. Also, we've asked you 100 times to show some respect for your fellow posters, but you've continually ignored us. It's getting tiresome.

[Edited on 12-17-05 by Fanpuck33]

Komisarek the Cruncher

AHL

your facts are incorrect souray is under contract through 2006/2007 he signed a 3 year contact in sept 2004

if you check on this site for habs contracts it says right there that he is signed so he is not going anywhere at the end of this year as a ufa

Bulis the Habbie and Komi the Krusher you guys rock!!!!

It was almost like watching a WWF match. It was the most entertaining read I've had for the longest time here on this site.

Shortcat I'm calling you out. I've bashed your comments since day one and you don't have the guts to come out and take me on.

Seriously, good you guys are not taking each other too seriously. Shake hands and be over with it.

:hlogo:

Or better yet do as was so politely suggested and have a PRIVATE conversation if you need to iron things out.

On a topic actually related to this thread the Gazette mentions this morning that it is next to a sure thing that Sykora will be moved very soon and they cite the Rangers as the most likely destination.

The Rangers seem to be a likely destination. They've really rejuvenated many underachieving European talents.

On another note, what's with the Chara bashing? Damn, if we had a guy like Chara on our blueline I'd be overjoyed. So he's a headhunter, you telling me that you wouldn't take Scott Stevens because he was one? Dream on...

Chara would be the best Habs defenseman since Chris Chelios.

The most likely place is the Rangers? I can't see them being interested in a slow defensively unaware forward when their team relies on speed and everything is going right for them. They're dumping salary and looking for youth and speed. I can't see the reason for them acquiring Mr. Sykora.:?-

EDIT: Apparently Rucchin goes back to the Ducks in this one.

[Edited on 2005/12/21 by Bulis_the_Habbie]

Why trade one struggling guy Sykora, for another struggling guy Zednik? Zednik is the better goal scorer and therefore probably better suited to Montreal who lacks goal scorers.

But it doesn't matter because this trade will never happen.

well sykora will be a UfA at the end of the season and Zed has a year left on his contract. so if gainey wants to dump some money in order to get one or two good UFAs next summer, the trade would be ideal