2021 PLAYOFFS GAME #2 - HABS VS LEAFS - MAY 22 @ 19:00 ET

illWill

Well well well, Mr. Button. You and many others are one game in and completely wrong. Playoff Price is dialed in, the boys are playing tight and physical, let's see what happens in this game. 

I'm not sure if these are the actual lineups, they are a combination of available info and my best guess. Glad to see Tavares is cleared of structural damage to his head, neck and spine. I do have to mention though what an enormous loss that is for the Leafs in their lineup, and it definitely looks a lot different without him.  

Go Habs

7 minutes ago, illWill said:

Well well well, Mr. Button. You and many others are one game in and completely wrong. Playoff Price is dialed in, the boys are playing tight and physical, let's see what happens in this game. 

I'm not sure if these are the actual lineups, they are a combination of available info and my best guess. Glad to see Tavares is cleared of structural damage to his head, neck and spine. I do have to mention though what an enormous loss that is for the Leafs in their lineup, and it definitely looks a lot different without him.  

Go Habs

It could of went either way in game 1. Both teams are having trouble with their PP. I think who ever figures out their PP first will end up wining this series. 

Best game in a long time where I seen Price handle his rebounds really well. And didn't look like he was fighting the puck. 

Thornton is a problem for them and I’m happy to see that he is still playing. 

Hopefully Gallagher worked out some of his rust. I’m expecting a bit more from that line tonight.  

Staal line just needs Perry to be Perry and for Anderson to be a beastly heat seeking rocket again. 

KK needs to produce 

Price will be great again 

Ducharme did well on the D pairings and he managed Weber’s minutes. He did have Chairot and Weber together at the end of the game which was scary. Please keep them separate. 

This will be a tougher W than Game One, I’m pretty sure. The Leafs will make adjustments designed to stop the Habs from gathering speed through the neutral zone; and DD will need to have his own adjustments-to-the-adjustments ready. Plus the Leafs will have that added element of urgency.

For the Habs, they do indeed require continued excellence from Price and the D needs to keep making those hard, smart plays around the slot to protect him. But you can only go so long with Gallagher and (sigh) Tatar being useless, Suzuki needs to have more impact, and KK will not have the luxury of milling around like a confused 12-year-old as was his wont for most of the second half. In short, you can’t have passengers in a series like this; there are some Habs who have room to improve, and we’ll need that improvement to counter what will likely be improvement from the Leafs.

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

This will be a tougher W than Game One, I’m pretty sure. The Leafs will make adjustments designed to stop the Habs from gathering speed through the neutral zone; and DD will need to have his own adjustments-to-the-adjustments ready. Plus the Leafs will have that added element of urgency.

For the Habs, they do indeed require continued excellence from Price and the D needs to keep making those hard, smart plays around the slot to protect him. But you can only go so long with Gallagher and (sigh) Tatar being useless, Suzuki needs to have more impact, and KK will not have the luxury of milling around like a confused 12-year-old as was his wont for most of the second half. In short, you can’t have passengers in a series like this; there are some Habs who have room to improve, and we’ll need that improvement to counter what will likely be improvement from the Leafs.

That's being a little tough on Gallagher considering it was his first game back in a while. Gally is a warrior and is one of the Habs I am least concerned about. I have no doubt he will get better and better, no way you take him out unless he is hurt.  Agree it will be a tougher game, Leafs have a sense of urgency now. 

59 minutes ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

That's being a little tough on Gallagher considering it was his first game back in a while. Gally is a warrior and is one of the Habs I am least concerned about. I have no doubt he will get better and better, no way you take him out unless he is hurt.  Agree it will be a tougher game, Leafs have a sense of urgency now. 

I didn’t see it as criticizing Gallagher, I was just stating a fact: he wasn’t a factor and if we want to win this series, we need him to be. Tatar too, but I have little faith in him doing anything.

Would be nice to get a win but getting the first game is already something of a “mission accomplished”.

I’m really hoping that they play sound, smart hockey and above all show the Leafs that we will outwork and outwill them.

47 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

I didn’t see it as criticizing Gallagher, I was just stating a fact: he wasn’t a factor and if we want to win this series, we need him to be. Tatar too, but I have little faith in him doing anything.

I guess it sounded like you were ready to give up on him already. Calling someone "useless" does seem like a criticism, saying he wasn't a factor in game 1 is totally fair. We absolutely need Gallagher to be a factor to win the series, totally agree on that. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, zumpano21 said:

Would be nice to get a win but getting the first game is already something of a “mission accomplished”.

George Bush-like.:crazy:

I originally was slated to do the postgame for this one but someone on this board has offered to give it a go.  You'll have to wait until the article is up to see who (unless he wants to identify himself here beforehand...).

3 hours ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

i guess you are saying that there is hope, right ?

I asked for a Habs win with my coffee at Tim Horton's and they gave ne a magic Weber hockey stick. Does that count as an omen or sign from above!!?

• Upvote 2

25 minutes ago, Toronthab said:

I asked for a Habs win with my coffee at Tim Horton's and they gave ne a magic Weber hockey stick. Does that count as an omen or sign from above!!?

Whatever it takes, just win 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, illWill said:

image.png

I just want to point out how much the Suzuki spelling mistake is bothering me, but there's no turning back now. 

Go Habs

• Upvote 1

If you thought the last game was heart racketing this game will be worse.  

Toffoli will be huge tonight and he'll tie it up late in the 3rd, and Perry will get the assist in the first 5 mins of the 5th period on Staal's GWG.

Go Habs Go!!

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

That Hip song kills. A pity Rob Baker is a Leafs fan though. You expect better of him

Indeed. A Leaf fan? Something seriously amiss. 

10 minutes ago, Toronthab said:

Indeed. A Leaf fan? Something seriously amiss. 

Between that and the late great Gord Downie being Harry Sinden’s godson, it is amazing I’m as big a Hip fan as I am, LOL. 

I remember seeing them play the Forum in the 90s and Downie quipping “whadda dump!”