2021 PLAYOFFS GAME #2 - HABS VS LEAFS - MAY 22 @ 19:00 ET

illWill

Ya, that is a great sign.  I thought it was funny because it was a play I could totally see coming.  i.e. it was obvious the Habs player was going to hit the Leafs dman.  However, I was surprised when I saw it was #11.  

1 minute ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Not what I ever said, but NVM

Ugh. Disarray in the Habs end leads to that

I didnt say you said it.  Just that it was said today.

Also staal line getting hemmed in the zone on that goal.

Just now, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

... Ugh. Disarray in the Habs end leads to that

And WHY does it have to be "The Giggler".

What is the point of arena graphics that say MAKE SOME NOISE in an empty arena?

And how much did the Hip’s management have to pay to give the band a complete monopoly over the songs played?

I find myself almost relieved by that goal...I had no appetite for a drawn-out stomach-churning attempt to protect that lead for 50 minutes

2 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:
6 minutes ago, Commandant said:

I was told he was completely useless and a bum.

Not what I ever said, but NVM

Numerous others have said that about kk.  

I'm not totally against kk but I'm sorta bummed they drafted him with a 3rd overall pick.   I think it was a bad year to not draft best player available. i.e. Tkachuk.   I've wanted them to draft what they need for years, and I was only talking going down 2-3 spots to draft a large C.  The general consensus was that's a bad idea always take best player.  IMHO, drafting kk would have made more sense if he was 2" taller and 10lbs heavier.  Then, if he only turns out to be a 50pts/yr guy he'd a least have decent size to be a really good checker and hitter.  

2 minutes ago, Sir_Boagalott said:

Numerous others have said that about kk.  

I'm not totally against kk but I'm sorta bummed they drafted him with a 3rd overall pick.   I think it was a bad year to not draft best player available. i.e. Tkachuk.   I've wanted them to draft what they need for years, and I was only talking going down 2-3 spots to draft a large C.  The general consensus was that's a bad idea always take best player.  IMHO, drafting kk would have made more sense if he was 2" taller and 10lbs heavier.  Then, if he only turns out to be a 50pts/yr guy he'd a least have decent size to be a really good checker and hitter.  

He's already been a strong defensive player in 2 of his 3 NHL seasons (his rookie year and this year).

The good news from that period is that the Habs continued to play strong, physical, smart, heads-up hockey. We did not see the Leafs come out storming as I expected. And more importantly to my mind, other players stepped up besides the stars from last game. Gallagher and KK in particular.  

The bad news is that they look a bit wobblier in their own end and Price does not seem quite as dialed in.

Still a strong road period. Keep it up, les boys

16 minutes ago, TheDriveFor25 said:

Horrible d zone play there, ref needs to get out of the way lol 

It was weird seeing Lehkonen throw it behind the net there.  It was the more open avenue but it looked rushed.