Crosby gets an A

olematelot

Uh oh, guess who's not happy with Sid the Kid getting the A?

Yup, that's right, Don Cherry isn't to thrilled about this.

http://www.rds.ca/hockey/chroniques/194254.html

Here's some quotes if you don't understand french.

Cherry said Crosby didn't do anything to deserve the A and that it's ridiculous.

The other stuff he says in the article mention the other times Cherry bashed Crosby on Coach's Corner while he was playing for Rimouski.

Originally posted by gohabsgo252006

The bigger question is, could Pitt pump his ego up anymore, this kid is starting to get a fat head, he's been in the league for 30 games, no way he should have a letter, especially with the vets they now have and no way he should be saying "it was time for a change when the coach gets fired" NO WAY

That's what I was thinking when he got it. They've got Recchi, Leclair, Palffy, Gonchar and Tarnstrom. All are veterans with several times more experience than Crosby. Maybe Therrien was trying to get the others going or something. Anyways, I'll stop here because whenever I say something about Crosby a big argument starts.

Well, I'm right, the responses are just what I expected. If anyone saw Cherry on Coachs corner last night I have one thing to say, it was disgusting. This guy obviously doesn't like Crosby, but for a so called expert on the game to say the things he did was sickening, even Ron McLean was put out by his comments and tried to defend Crosby but was basically told to shut up. Why this egotistcal maniac is still on TV is beyond me, he's a bigot and a blowhard. I guess if Crosby was from Kingston or Toronto he would be ok with the idiot.

Err I missed it. Wish I hadn't though.:nono: Does McLean even like Don Cherry? Whenever he tries to talk Cherry talks over him.

Yeah he does they are best of friends in and out of the work place. They have arguments and that is normal in any relationship. And as for Cherry I don’t know what to say he is on TV because people enjoy controversy and that is what he will bring to the table every Saturday night. That is why they pay him because everyone watches coaches corner even people who aren’t watching the game will tune in for his weekly rant.

Originally posted by Tony

Cherry said Crosby didn't do anything to deserve the A and that it's ridiculous.

Hehe, your spelling is ridiculous.

No offense intended, it's a bit of an inside joke at my college. To set up the joke, Communication majors are made fun of by pretty much all other majors in the university. So in response, a communication major wrote an article in the school paper saying that communication majors were just as smart as anyone else on campus. Her article, however, just weakened her position even more: "Communication majors just as bright as everyone else, to think otherwise is ridiculous." What a way to show how smart communication majors are, by mis-spelling a word in the title of the article, LOL.:lol:

Originally posted by Fanpuck33
Originally posted by Tony

Hehe, your spelling is ridiculous.

No offense intended, it's a bit of an inside joke at my college. To set up the joke, Communication majors are made fun of by pretty much all other majors in the university. So in response, a communication major wrote an article in the school paper saying that communication majors were just as smart as anyone else on campus. Her article, however, just weakened her position even more: "Communication majors just as bright as everyone else, to think otherwise is ridiculous." What a way to show how smart communication majors are, by mis-spelling a word in the title of the article, LOL.:lol:

:lol:

Worst part is I even looked up at the word because I wasn't sure how to spell it and I still messed up.

What is the defininition of leader and why can't an 18 year old be one. Crosby busts his ass every shift and in that respect is a leader by example, plus he's the teams leading scorer. A player his age has never been given a A before so hence the conterversy. I have no problem with people who oppose the idea but it's the way Cherry said it "When I heard about it I gagged". Cherry for whatever reason has had a vendetta against him since he scored the lacrosse style goal when he was in junior. :hlogo:

Jack Todd has the same general thoughts. He agrees with Cherry. Of course, it's possible for an 18-year old to wear a letter but not Crosby. I can see MAYBE someone like Kyle Chipchura on a team like Washington. But Crosby? And on a team stacked with veterans who've add outstanding careers? Doesn't make sense, to me.

Originally posted by Bulis_the_Habbie

Jack Todd has the same general thoughts. He agrees with Cherry. Of course, it's possible for an 18-year old to wear a letter but not Crosby. I can see MAYBE someone like Kyle Chipchura on a team like Washington. But Crosby? And on a team stacked with veterans who've add outstanding careers? Doesn't make sense, to me.

Yes and what are these veterans doing to lead the team, it's the lack of production from the them that has put Pittsburgh where they are