Game 3, Maple Leafs vs Habs, 7 PM

dlbalr

I have to admit, that puke Matthews has been tremendous so far. He's hitting, he's backchecking, he's generating chances...he is playing like a young star who has finally figured out what you have to do in the playoffs. Ugh

Damn, thats too bad Toffoli missed.  He usually scores when he holds up and moves the puck before shooting.  

Big shame that Suzuki missed, that would have been sweet had he scored on his own vs 4 Leafs.  

1 minute ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

I have to admit, that puke Matthews has been tremendous so far. He's hitting, he's backchecking, he's generating chances...he is playing like a young star who has finally figured out what you have to do in the playoffs. Ugh

I’ve been more impressed with Nylander - not because I think he has been better than Matthews (after the year he had it was pretty obvious he’s arrived), but because I didn’t have much expectations of him. 

I think Marner had been the weaker Leaf’s star. Over passing too much looking for the perfect play - which was one of the big issues with nylander.

If they are calling those cross-checks tonight, Weber better be careful ... that is his bread&butter

• Upvote 1

Just now, BCHabnut said:

Trash call by ref

On a delayed offside you can't press the other team and throw a check or any sort

Just now, GHT120 said:

On a delayed offside you can't press the other team and throw a check or any sort

Yep, a terrible play by a struggling Toffoli, just another example of a key FW messing the bed

1 minute ago, BCHabnut said:

I know.

So how was it a trash call?

Jesus Price saves again.

Frustrating period, but good PK at the end and a couple of quality chances. We cannot have more dumb penalties like Toffoli's, and we need to do SOMETHING on the PP.

Just now, BCHabnut said:

As long as those ticky tack calls are consistent on both sides, then it isn't.

If it was a normal play I would completely agree it was sticky-tack ... but under the circumstances it was as automatic as a puck over the glass

39 minutes ago, Commandant said:

A 4 minute PP, this is a miracle. 

Getting a power play isn't a miracle, getting a goal would be.  Even a shot on goal might qualify...

A fairly quiet period overall for both sides.  That's how the Habs need to keep it, especially since they can't score to save their life.

• Upvote 1

Just now, GHT120 said:

If it was a normal play I would completely agree it was sticky-tack ... but under the circumstances it was as automatic as a puck over the glass

That kind of play puts players at risk, as their guard may be down owing to the whistle being blown. It has to be called every time.

Is it just me, or are the Habs no longer dominating physically like they did in Game One?

2 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Jesus Price saves again.

Frustrating period, but good PK at the end and a couple of quality chances. We cannot have more dumb penalties like Toffoli's, and we need to do SOMETHING on the PP.

At this point I’d just try 5

forwards on the PP. With Weber, they always revert to the expected shot and don’t know what’s up with Petry.  We need a real QB that’s been missing since Markov.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

Lehkonen won't be back tonight...

That is bad news, because he is one of the few guys who has raised his game in this series, every single shift.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

Trash call. The whistle went a full 5 seconds after he crossed the line.  He was in the zone for a full 5 seconds then hit the leaf as the whistle blows.

8 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

That may be one of the most outstanding saves of Price's career

It was great, but the Roy save they just showed was better. Hopefully it gets the team going in the 2nd.