Game 3, Maple Leafs vs Habs, 7 PM

dlbalr

I am not sure why people are surprised.  The leafs are a much much better team then the Habs… they have far more talent and the point totals show it…

yes, the habs can upset, bUt that would be the surprise.. the habs need more young talent to build around.

• Like 1

Just now, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Seeing Suzuki pass to Caufield in the slot, I felt that I was getting a preview of the Habs' #1 line for the next several seasons.

That looked really good except for the missing the net part.  Oh well, exactly like you said we'll see that again but with it gong in.    

Just now, Sir_Boagalott said:

They should get the canned fans to Ole to inspire Toffoli to score for them.  

Toffoli...Gallagher...Tatar...Danault...Petry...Weber...

Too many key Habs have been offensively impotent in this series

10 minutes ago, Habsfan89 said:

I know it's not Price but do you even think of going to Allan the next game, to wake this team up and throw a curve ball at Toronto?

That’s like saying the Oilers shouldn’t play McDavid, to foul up Winnipeg. I could see going with Allen if Price wasn’t playing well, but he’s the only reason it’s not 6-1. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Toffoli...Gallagher...Tatar...Danault...Petry...Weber...

Too many key Habs have been offensively impotent in this series

Based on his play in this series (and even forgetting the horrid play list of the regular season). There is no way I’d want to sign  him for even what he is making now.

Just now, Habsfan89 said:

Goes to show you how much we need a puck moving defensemen and a top center. 

Especially the former. Good teams get an offensive push from the back end. Since Petry went cold, we have had zilch.

Suzuki stepping up, though. That's good.

15 minutes ago, Habsfan89 said:

I know it's not Price but do you even think of going to Allan the next game, to wake this team up and throw a curve ball at Toronto?

I would consider playing Allen if Price lets in some weak goals and so far he has been amazing.  However, if the Habs lose this game and the next, then I might reconsider Allen.  

Insane pressure from the Habs.

Getting a weird Game 2 1993 vibe here. Probably delusional

4 minutes ago, hab29RETIRED said:

Based on his play in this series (and even forgetting the horrid play list of the regular season). There is no way I’d want to sign  him for even what he is making now.

Neither Tatar nor Danault have justified re-signing. Danault I would still do on a low-end deal, plus he will be hard to replace. Tatar can go piss up a rope.

Just now, BCHabnut said:

This defense just can't hold the line. 

EVER

This D is trash.

Suze had the game on his stick and whiffed.

Caufield with a last second electrifying moment but not enough.

The Habs' offence will need Price to pitch three consecutive shutouts if they want to win this series.

Just now, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

The Habs' offence will need Price to pitch three consecutive shutouts if they want to win this series.

It's the same thing every damn year...a team constructed to lose close low-scoring playoff games.

I expect the Leafs' young legs to skate the living crap out of the Habs' geriatric D with no rest day tomorrow. At this point it's looking like a 5 game series, pretty much as I predicted :(