Game 3, Maple Leafs vs Habs, 7 PM

dlbalr

Pathetic, 

still can;t score

When the going gets tough, the habs are no where to be found 

I guess Stall not being in the lineup didn;t help either. 

The problem is the top 9 and top 4 D 

1 minute ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

This D is trash.

Suze had the game on his stick and whiffed.

Caufield with a last second electrifying moment but not enough.

The Habs' offence will need Price to pitch three consecutive shutouts if they want to win this series.

Since the offseason I’ve said that the D additions were crap, and Weber’s decline, and Perry’s lack of consistency has made the D look even worse than I thought they would be.  We need a young offensive puck moving dman that control the play.  Not having a true superstar centre makes it even more essential to have that dman hi can control the play.

I'll give them credit, they did show up for the third.  Toronto sat back a bit which helped but it was nice to see them playing with some aggression and trying to do more than score off the rush and then bail.

Just now, Habsfan89 said:

How can this team not score every time in a playoff series??? Are they that easy to put a game plan together? Are they just getting out coach all the time? Or does or style of play not suit playoff hockey??? I just don't get it. 

This team is missing multiple key pieces, while it has a GM who either doesn't see it or doesn't know how to address it.

According to MB, this is a playoff built team. 

same stuff every year, 

Unfortunately the pandemic got them into the playoffs for 2 years, Might have helped Molson realize this crew is clueless 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, sbhatt said:

It's the same thing every damn year...a team constructed to lose close low-scoring playoff games.

We need Price to not only stand on his head but pitch shutouts to win. Winnipeg won games because of Hellebuyck, but they have forwards that can be dominant and legit #1 and #2 centres. We’ve got one centre who should at least be a good #2 guys and another maybe #2 or #3.

Just now, Chris said:

According to MB, this is a playoff built team. 

same stuff every year, 

Unfortunately the pandemic got them into the playoffs for 2 years, Might have helped Molson realize this crew is clueless 

If Price holds the Leafs to 2 goals or less again and we lose AGAIN, that should paint the picture for even our hapless owner.

So, should there been a lot of fake booing tonight, aside from the price saves and Suzuki goal?

• Like 1

The problem with the “scoring by committee” model is that it also has to apply to the defence corps. Sure, the Habs’ FWs have been disappointing, but that is partly because they get zero offensive push from the guys behind them.

The D needs to be fundamentally retooled. That has been obvious most of the season (especially after Petry’s Norris-like play dried up) and it is even more obvious now. Whether Mr Alzner/Chiarot/Edmundson is up for the task is a whole other question.

Just now, hab29RETIRED said:

So, should there been a lot of fake booing tonight, aside from the price saves and Suzuki goal?

I wish I had elite hacking skills...enough to hack the production of the broadcast to pipe in a "Fire Bergy" chant....because that's what needs to happen.  His reign has been "The Pop Gun Offense Era", and I'm sick and tired of it.

2 minutes ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

Do you ever post when the Habs win?  You sure post a lot after they lose. 

Not one time in 10 years. That I can remember anyway

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, hab29RETIRED said:

I’ve found the canned fans annoying from the get-go, BUT I kinda changed my tune when I learned that, early in the season, Weber had specifically requested that its volume be turned up. The players obviously miss the fans and find some sort of simulacrum preferable to a silent arena. 

3 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

The problem with the “scoring by committee” model is that it also has to apply to the defence corps. Sure, the Habs’ FWs have been disappointing, but that is partly because they get zero offensive push from the guys behind them.

The D needs to be fundamentally retooled. That has been obvious most of the season (especially after Petry’s Norris-like play dried up) and it is even more obvious now.

I agree. The Habs have forward depth to do it by committee. It's the atrocious defense that kills them. From poor outlet passes to poor pass plays in the o zone to no hands to hold the line. They have one defenseman with hands.  

1 minute ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

I’ve found the canned fans annoying from the get-go, BUT I kinda changed my tune when I learned that, early in the season, Weber had specifically requested that its volume be turned up. The players obviously miss the fans and find some sort of simulacrum preferable to a silent arena. 

That doesn't surprise me. Reflexive response.

Frustrating as hell. 

They should’ve went for the jugular in game 2. 

Instead they waited till the last 5 min of game 3 to wake up. 

And where the hell was the whistle on that trip on Perry??

Pissed is an understatement. 

8 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

I didn’t realize it was actually in the arena. I thought it was just for TV. Just seems dumb to me though.

5 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

I wasn't sure if the canned fans is played over the speakers at the arena or if it is done just for people watching at home.  At 1st it wasnt very good but they have definitely better at it.  Who does the sound is it the NHL or the arena?  I still cant get over the 1 game in Ottawa where they had the fake fans chanting Go Habs Go.  

8 minutes ago, BCHabnut said:

I agree. The Habs have forward depth to do it by committee. It's the atrocious defense that kills them. From poor outlet passes to poor pass plays in the o zone to no hands to hold the line. They have one defenseman with hands.  

That’s why I don’t get those that think that Chiarot and Edmondson (don’t care what his plus minus was), were good pickups, becuase they didn’t even come close to addressing our needs. The D needs to be rebuilt.

6 minutes ago, BCHabnut said:

Problem is, the UFA market for D looks fairly thin. If we waive Weber might we be able to land an upgrade in Hamilton at a reasonable rate in a flat-cap world? Or should we be thinking more along the lines of Barrie or even Mike Reilly? Or, will it have to be a trade (always risky)?