Game 3, Maple Leafs vs Habs, 7 PM

dlbalr

I tell you, for a coach that was supposed to unlock the offensive potential of this team, Ducharme has successfully sapped the life out of them instead.  If they're not on the rush, they are completely useless and clueless in the offensive zone.  That is categorically unacceptable.  But hey, we'll have new lines next period and maybe the 213th time will be the charm.

1 minute ago, dlbalr said:

I tell you, for a coach that was supposed to unlock the offensive potential of this team, Ducharme has successfully sapped the life out of them instead.  If they're not on the rush, they are completely useless and clueless in the offensive zone.  That is categorically unacceptable.  But hey, we'll have new lines next period and maybe the 213th time will be the charm.

Based on what we’ve seen so far, I wouldn’t want him back next year.

5 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

I agree, but that also describes Julien.  DD hasnt had enough time to do any major changes to the Habs system.  

Just now, Sir_Boagalott said:

I agree, but that also describes Julien.  DD hasnt had enough time to do any major changes to the Habs system.  

I know he hasn't had the time to do an overhaul but this team had more intensity under Julien and I don't think it's even close.  They have steadily gotten worse since the coaching change in the offensive zone so whatever changes he's made aren't working in that regard.

Let's see if Montreal comes out firing in the third or if they play to protect the one-goal deficit which is basically what they did in that period.

4 minutes ago, hab29RETIRED said:

Based on what we’ve seen so far, I wouldn’t want him back next year.

I still think the Habs are or should be in a rebuild mode. Some good young pieces, not sold on DD, haven't seen improvement,  maybe that's not fair but unless things change I don't see how you give him any sort of long term contract.  

It unarguably sucks to see your team get dominated.  However, so far it hasnt really been that bad of an outcome because the Habs are only down by 1.  Maybe this is the game that goes into the 5 period?  The Leafs keep outplaying the Habs and lose, but they continue to think they have no chance of losing the series.  Then they lose the series.  

1 minute ago, Sir_Boagalott said:

It unarguably sucks to see your team get dominated.  However, so far it hasnt really been that bad of an outcome because the Habs are only down by 1.  Maybe this is the game that goes into the 5 period?  The Leafs keep outplaying the Habs and lose, but they continue to think they have no chance of losing the series.  Then they lose the series.  

I certainly like the end result of that...

1 minute ago, Habsfan89 said:

I know it's not Price but do you even think of going to Allan the next game, to wake this team up and throw a curve ball at Toronto?

Nope. If Price is playing like this you keep him in. I get your idea of trying something different though. 

Seeing Suzuki pass to Caufield in the slot, I felt that I was getting a preview of the Habs' #1 line for the next several seasons.

Much better period, but the Leafs are playing really strong team D - hard to get any good looks.