Game 4 Leafs at Price 7:30

21 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

But would a Leaf collapse really mean that the team is better than they are showing?

Would not matter. If mtl can come back from this maybe all of the character stuff we have been told about actually matters and it buys MB some time.

2 minutes ago, Sir_Boagalott said:

That drives me crazy.  I dont get why he isnt a LW all the time.   I know that is considered playing on their "off side" but its the correct side for him.  

He played RW at School too.  He is a RW. 

But on the PP he should be used on the left side.  There are tons of guys who do this. 

Put it Romanov for sure. Give him a taste of playoff action in his rookie season.

Maybe the single biggest key to the Habs' suckage in this series has been Jeff Petry. He is the ONLY d-man who can move the puck and create plays. But he has looked completely gassed this series, utterly neutralized. 

I wish J could say the Habs gave it all but were beaten by a better team

No effort, peripheral play, kept to the outside and no gumption 

3 minutes ago, Trizzak said:

Might as well put Gustafsson in, tbh. With Petry and Weber's offense completely dried up, who else is going to make a play?

As crazy as it sounds it does make sense.  i.e. they will lose the series anyway.  Gustafsson might provide some offense, or at least show them what they should be doing.  I tend to think he sorta rubs off on them in a monkey see monkey do way.  

Just now, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

... Jeff Petry. He is the ONLY d-man who can move the puck and create plays. But he has looked completely gassed this series, utterly neutralized. 

Easier to defend against him when he is that solitary puck mover. 

1 minute ago, BCHabnut said:

Danault sucks

Danault

Tatar

Gallagher (but he's hurt)

Weber

Petry

Chiarot

have all sucked this series. That is the "veteran core." And it is garbage.

That surprised me the other game too, and I wasnt sure which was weirder.  i.e. the amount of time the Habs were 6 on 5 and didnt score or how long the Leafs had an open net before they scored?  

Just now, BCHabnut said:

Why pull the goalie?

Because it shows the coach hasn't given up?

2 minutes ago, BCHabnut said:

Why pull the goalie? The 0-15 on the pp says it's futile

1 minute ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

I know, he has more of a chance of scoring goals than anyone else on the team

Maybe they should take his pads off and give him regular skates

TVA guys made a good point ... Leafs all have clearly defined roles and accept them ... don't recall the last time that was true with the habs

9 minutes ago, Trizzak said:

Might as well put Gustafsson in, tbh. With Petry and Weber's offense completely dried up, who else is going to make a play?

I’d rather get Romanov a game. That way in future years they won’t be be to say he that he doesn’t have any playoff experience.

Campbell will be in for a surprise next series when he plays a team with some skill.

That said, the Leafs are a truly strong team - much under-rated by people on this board, I believe. They have gone through all the growing pains and are now "there." Ready to pay the price. Hard on the puck. Fast, skilled, determined.

They're gonna be tough to beat.

• Upvote 1