Game 5 - Leafs vs Habs 7:00PM ET

JoeLassister

Sitting Romanov seals it for me.. DD has to go. Even if they win tonight get a new coach for Game 6.

Gustaffson to help the PowerPlay? Yikes.

18 minutes ago, TheDriveFor25 said:

Sitting Romanov seals it for me.. DD has to go. Even if they win tonight get a new coach for Game 6.

Gustaffson to help the PowerPlay? Yikes.

Especially since I'm not certain Bobby Orr could help their PP.

If the Leafs don't take any penalties does Gustaffson ever set foot/skate on the ice?

I want Matthews et al to be afraid of that open ice hit … you know … the one Romanov can deliver. 

I have myself hoping the Habs win and that they suffer a D injury that gets Romanov in the game. 

I just don’t believe our D is so deep that there isn’t anywhere for Romanov to play - win or lose tonight, he is part of the 2021-22 and beyond future for the Habs 

3 hours ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Gustaffson! This should prove “interesting.”

What a shame the habs declined to give Romanov ANY playoff action. That is developmentally stupid, to say nothing of the fact that his subtraction arguably makes the D worse overall anyway.

I think this may be the case of a stupid GM hoping his big deadline acquisitions by some miracle redeem him.

3 hours ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Gustaffson! This should prove “interesting.”

It's like the Habs are spying on me.

simpsons - mcguire as price -1.jpg

It does sound somewhat crazy, but I honestly believe that its the right move.  Gustafsson does make defensive mistakes, but if there is 1 thing that the Habs have owned in this series its goaltending.  

2 minutes ago, Sir_Boagalott said:

It's like the Habs are spying on me.

simpsons - mcguire as price -1.jpg

It does sound somewhat crazy, but I honestly believe that its the right move.  Gustafsson does make defensive mistakes, but if there is 1 thing that the Habs have owned in this series its goaltending.  

Desperate times call for desperate measures. I'm not against throwing him in there and seeing if it at least changes the dynamic on the PP. What the hell, the team is stinking out the joint anyway; might as well try the Hail Mary play.

8 minutes ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

Nobody is upset about Gustaffson per se. We, the entire Habs fan base are pissed that STILL NO ROMANOV 

Ducharme, you donkey

I thought DD had one of these, maybe not?

image.jpeg

I definitely agree that Romanov should also be in.

I believe Gustafsson will have a fairly big impact, and even when he isnt even on the ice.  i.e. think of last year with Kovalchuk, he increased the Habs PP when he was on the bench.  ex:  Ilya would go out on 1st PP unit and create several chances, then the 2nd PP unit would go out and score. 

I'm thinking Gustofsson could have the same effect.  It did seem like his offensive play increased numerous other Habs.  Remember Suzuki's goal off of rebound from 1 of Gustofssons shots?  Well, Suzuki went on mini tear after that goal.  Hopefully something similar happens.