Game 5 - Leafs vs Habs 7:00PM ET

JoeLassister

Just great to see the kids click like that, the Pacioretty trade is looking better all the time. That play said a lot about Caulfield. It said that he doesn't need to be the hero, that he will make the right hockey play and he is a team guy.  Love it. 

I can see why the coaches never liked Galchenyuk, brain dead play in overtime but we will take it. 

8 minutes ago, Fanpuck33 said:

I don't know which was more shocking - having a three goal lead or winning after blowing said three goal lead.

Definitely winning after blowing a 3 goal lead..

2,500 in the stands tomorrow night, with some of that being family of the players.. if that doesn’t motivate them to start fast and play well I don’t know what will. 

30 minutes ago, TheDriveFor25 said:

2,500 in the stands tomorrow night, with some of that being family of the players.. if that doesn’t motivate them to start fast and play well I don’t know what will. 

Price’s social media feed made a big deal about coming back home to play for “OUR FANS,” and while that was probably pumped out by the Habs’ PR people, it likely does capture how the players feel. They absolutely will draw energy from that. 

You can imagine a scenario where the Habs, pumped by the OT win and jacked up by the return of even a small crowd to the Bell Centre, really bring their A-game and manage to eke out a win...at which point the Leafs start hearing the footsteps of their own doom, with the trauma of past playoff collapses resounding in their ears. While I still think the smart money is on the Leafs to win Game 6, that’s a fun scenario to contemplate! 

1 hour ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Price’s social media feed made a big deal about coming back home to play for “OUR FANS,” and while that was probably pumped out by the Habs’ PR people, it likely does capture how the players feel. They absolutely will draw energy from that. 

You can imagine a scenario where the Habs, pumped by the OT win and jacked up by the return of even a small crowd to the Bell Centre, really bring their A-game and manage to eke out a win...at which point the Leafs start hearing the footsteps of their own doom, with the trauma of past playoff collapses resounding in their ears. While I still think the smart money is on the Leafs to win Game 6, that’s a fun scenario to contemplate! 

I would LOVE to see the leafs blow their lead against us like they did against the Bruins. I just wouldn’t want to put money on it happening.

Just now, hab29RETIRED said:

I would LOVE to see the leafs blow their lead against us like they did against the Bruins. 

I would LOVE to see the leafs blow their lead against ANYBODY like they did against the Bruins ... that it could be the habs just makes it sweeter. 

13 hours ago, alfredoh2009 said:

Let’s watch it again 

I just remembering looking up and seeing the two all alone and didnt realize what was happening for a second, couldnt believe the 2-0 was real. 

8 minutes ago, DON said:

I just remembering looking up and seeing the two all alone and didnt realize what was happening for a second, couldnt believe the 2-0 was real. 

Especially in regular OT. 3 on 3 sure. But OT in a playoff game??

I was feeling impending doom since the blown lead, but with OT Caulfield on the ice, I was on my feet.

2 minutes ago, hab29RETIRED said:

Especially in regular OT. 3 on 3 sure. But OT in a playoff game??

I was feeling impending doom since the blown lead, but with OT Caulfield on the ice, I was on my feet.

No doubt. One thing I really noticed after watching the replay of the goal (I watched it many times) is Caulfield's great anticipation.  When Galchenyuk got the puck , Caulfield moved up toward the blueline closer to the defencemen like he knew that Galchenyuk was going to throw it across. Great anticipation, timed it perfectly, great hockey IQ, you can't teach that. Then me made the right play by passing, not needing to be a hero. That play said a lot about Caulfield. He will  make many big plays for the Habs. 

3 minutes ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

No doubt. One thing I really noticed after watching the replay of the goal (I watched it many times) is Caulfield's great anticipation.  When Galchenyuk got the puck , Caulfield moved up toward the blueline closer to the defencemen like he knew that Galchenyuk was going to throw it across. Great anticipation, timed it perfectly, great hockey IQ, you can't teach that. Then me made the right play by passing, not needing to be a hero. That play said a lot about Caulfield. He will  make many big plays for the Habs. 

I just hope he does not end up like Bournival, Blake Geoffrion or Juulsen

5 minutes ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

There is no comparison to those three, none. 

I think Alfredo is talking about careers damaged/destroyed by injuries. And that's always a risk.

We could also add Ikonen to the list, even if he never made it to this side of the pond before being struck.

15 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

I think Alfredo is talking about careers damaged/destroyed by injuries. And that's always a risk.

We could also add Ikonen to the list, even if he never made it to this side of the pond before being struck.

Good point, I didn't look at it that way. 

42 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

Any particular reason you even mentioned them?

:hammer::argue::hammer:

BAD Habsfan bad!

2 hours ago, alfredoh2009 said:

Bournival was a third round pick, Geoffrion a 2nd, and Juulsen a defensive D, taken in the mid 20s of the first round. 

Caufield was drafted much higher. 

His pedigree is also better.  There is a big difference in winning the Hobey Baker as a 19 year old sophomore, and winning it as a 22 year old like Geoffrion. 

So much more is expected of him than any of those guys. 

2 hours ago, tomh009 said:

Yes, that is what I was referring to. Promising prospects (Blake had won the Hobby Baker if I am not mistaken) 

I remember Habs coaching telling Bourny to just skate, skate like the wind.... 

I like Caufield, I am impressed on how well he plays; but concerned for his future if the past is any warrant 

1 minute ago, Commandant said:

Bournival was a third round pick, Geoffrion a 2nd, and Juulsen a defensive D, taken in the mid 20s of the first round. 

Caufield was drafted much higher. 

His pedigree is also better.  There is a big difference in winning the Hobey Baker as a 19 year old sophomore, and winning it as a 22 year old like Geoffrion. 

So much more is expected of him than any of those guys. 

I was referring to injuries. Those are the names that came to mind 

Just now, alfredoh2009 said:

Yes, that is what I was referring to. Promising prospects (Blake had won the Hobby Baker if I am not mistaken) 

I remember Habs coaching telling Bourny to just skate, skate like the wind.... 

I like Caufield, I am impressed on how well he plays; but concerned for his future if the past is any warrant 

Why?

Injuries can hit anyone, there is no more reason to be concerned by his injuries than anyone elses. 

And other teams have prospects ruined by injuries too.

Just now, Commandant said:

Why?

Injuries can hit anyone, there is no more reason to be concerned by his injuries than anyone elses. 

And other teams have prospects ruined by injuries too.

Yeah, Eller, Rene Bourque, Armia and other big Habs player were also hit and suffered concussions . But like a “Smart” car vs an “F150” truck, the potential for injury is greater 

17 hours ago, alfredoh2009 said:

Overtime has not been kind to the Habs

I call on Karma to swing their way. Let’s establish some balance in the universe 

Hahah... How about "God help us!!"