Game 6 - Leafs vs Habs 7:30PM ET

JoeLassister

Go Habs Go !!!

me thinks it is “Toffoli-time” tonight, also a good time to bring on a goalie controversy in TO by putting 6 behind Campbell. 
Free Wings!

Can Toffoli get one and get going?

Anderson should be flying?

Suzuki owes Caufield a nice assist.

I agree though, score a bunch and let the media debate who starts game 7 - Campbell or Fred.

• Upvote 1

Interesting about Toffoli. He’s been blanked, but seems to me reliably involved. Rightly or wrongly, I don’t have the sense of frustration toward him that I’ve had toward, say, Tatar or to a lesser extent Danault. (Gally gets a pass due to injury, but I don’t like that this is the second playoff in a row where he is damaged goods; one suspects that that is a vision of things to come). 

This is the hinge game. If the Leafs really are as battle-tested and ready to win as I think they are, they will snuff out the Habs’ hopes like a feeble candle. As I noted earlier, if they lose tonight we really start to trigger all their past playoff traumas and gain a mask or psychological edge.

The fans in the arena represents an X-factor. The Habs might draw that elusive extra boost of drive and energy from that excitement. And then there is the fact that the only area in which the Habs have a clear edge - hitting - may start to take effect on the Leafs’ legs as the series reaches its later stages.

So, the Leafs SHOULD win. They SHOULD bring their A+ game and leave the inferior Habs gasping in the dust, exposed decisively as pretenders. But you can just imagine a delicious scenario where that not only fails to come to pass, but the Leafs end up staring catastrophe right in the face.

8 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

Looks like Kulak is in for Merrill.  Evans was on the 5th line during the morning skate but didn't stay out for any extra skating which suggests he might be a game-time decision.

Poor Kulak, the Rodney Dangerfield of the Habs’ D

image.jpeg

15 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

Looks like Kulak is in for Merrill.  Evans was on the 5th line during the morning skate but didn't stay out for any extra skating which suggests he might be a game-time decision.

Apparently Merrill is injured and will be out for one to two weeks.

5 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

Apparently Merrill is injured and will be out for one to two weeks.

That sucks, he would have been a better option than Gustafson in the line up. Kulak for Guffy would have been better

If Staal is hurt again (seems to suffer from back spasms) and Evans can play for him, that would bring more speed and better back pressure. But if Staal is feeling well, I am ok with him in the lineup; Jnliked him in game 5

Go Habs Go!!

2 hours ago, JoeLassister said:

Let's keep it rollin' baby !

sarah walker - chuck espion malgré lui

In front of a (small) crowd, attaboy !!!!

(Now discuss lineups, previews and feelings, Yvonne ain't got time for that shit.)

That exact picture has been the lock screen image ever since I got my first smart phone. Don't mess with my phone!

57 minutes ago, Easy Ryder said:

Wow Romanov still out....Kulak has not played right side for a while. Gustafson plays right ?

Read that last game Merrill and Gustaffson didn't play together ... so I confirmed it from the TOI report from the last game ... they didn't ... they played a few shifts each period, totalling a bit over 9 minutes 5-on-5 for the game ...  but never together ... they were just used to give the regulars an occasional shift off ... doubt it will be any different with Kulak ...hopefully he might get a bit more TOI to allow the top 4 to carry a little bit less of the burden

52 minutes ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

Sounds like there are indeed leaf fans in the stands but they are minority at least so far

They always are ... they are just REALLY loud

59 minutes ago, Easy Ryder said:

Wow Romanov still out....Kulak has not played right side for a while. Gustafson plays right ?

They're both natural lefties.  Looking at the TOI data from last game, Gustafsson was mostly on the left (though he and Chiarot technically could have flipped when they were on the ice together) aside from a little bit of time with Edmundson.