Game 6 - Leafs vs Habs 7:30PM ET

JoeLassister

1 minute ago, Chris said:

They need to find some D on the bottom pair to play more than 7 minutes 

What needs to happen is the coaches need to lose their ridiculous hate-on for Kulak. There is no way our joke of a top-4 should be playing 35 minutes while he plays 6. That would still leave a problem with the #6 guy but at least we would not be watching Weber and Chiarot playing pylons for the entire OT.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, dlbalr said:

To be fair, the Habs should have had it in regulation.  I thought they outplayed the Leafs and technically they put both Toronto goals in.  Yeah, they sucked in overtime but it shouldn't have gotten that far.  In that sense, it's fitting that Montreal won.

I saw the Leafs take over in the last half of the third and then completely dominate OT. The Habs simply had no answer to the Leafs’ A-game...except for #31.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

To be fair, the Habs should have had it in regulation.  I thought they outplayed the Leafs and technically they put both Toronto goals in.  Yeah, they sucked in overtime but it shouldn't have gotten that far.  In that sense, it's fitting that Montreal won.

Perfectly put. Agree 100%. Hopefully we can reproduce game 6 in GAME 7!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

I saw the Leafs take over in the last half of the third and then completely dominate OT. The Habs simply had no answer to the Leafs’ A-game...except for #31.

I agree with both of you.  Habs were better in regulation.  Leafs were better in OT.

And THIS is why you pay #31

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Chris said:

They need to find some D on the bottom pair to play more than 7 minutes 

They need to find better D for the top 4 that played a lot, too.  Chiarot was handling the puck like a hand grenade all night long.

7 minutes ago, Chris said:

I read all year price sucks and Allen was the guy? 

What happened? 

Extended rest Carey is a very different goaltender.  We saw it in the bubble last playoffs too.

10 minutes ago, huzer said:

I scared the crap out of my wife and dog when Kotkaniemi scored. 

If they were in a relaxed state during OT in the playoffs, they deserved it.  Don't feel bad...not even one little bit.

19 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

I think so, too. Leafs dominated the end of the third and most of the OT, but the Habs had their number for most of regulation time. And deserved or undeserved, it was a legit scoring play, nothing we should be embarrassed about.

12 minutes ago, Commandant said:

I agree with both of you.  Habs were better in regulation.  Leafs were better in OT.

And THIS is why you pay #31

It sounds like @The Chicoutimi Cucumber and @dlbalr watched different games, but I saw the same game as you.  They're both right, but I agree more with @dlbalr.  i.e. the Habs outplayed the Leafs for long enough that the Leafs would have stolen the game had they won it.

26 minutes ago, huzer said:

I scared the crap out of my wife and dog when Kotkaniemi scored. 

I'm confused. How can she be your wife and your dog at the same time? 

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, Chris said:

Leafs had way better chances, Price was the difference as usual 

Yupper. 

Bob Gainey - "The team is built from the goal outwards."   :-) 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, DON said:

Gallagher just 10 shots in the 6 gms, not normal.

Just awesome to see another kid step up to win one.

Yes, incredible to see him step up and win it.  That goal will be a huge confidence booster for him and hopefully he keeps shooting and scoring more. 

7g in 15 playoff games is amazing and seems like a fluke, yet he keeps doing it.  He'll probably score in Game 7 too.  Toffoli should too.  

Hilarious way to win, get hemmed in our end the whole OT, completely unable to advance the puck.  Then KK picks a corner.

32 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Kotkaniemi

I love you, you beautiful Finnish child.

Our sweet summer boy

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Sir_Boagalott said:

Yes, incredible to see him step up and win it.  That goal will be a huge confidence booster for him and hopefully he keeps shooting and scoring more. 

7g in 15 playoff games is amazing and seems like a fluke, yet he keeps doing it.  He'll probably score in Game 7 too.  Toffoli should too.  

Sure hope so. all of the kids got big boosts. 

21 minutes ago, Sir_Boagalott said:

It sounds like @The Chicoutimi Cucumber and @dlbalr watched different games, but I saw the same game as you.  They're both right, but I agree more with @dlbalr.  i.e. the Habs outplayed the Leafs for long enough that the Leafs would have stolen the game had they won it.

Well, this was perhaps the only game in the series where the Habs had an edge in play for most of the game. But all they got as a result was two goals, a fragile lead such that, when the Leafs cranked it up in the second half of the third and the entire OT, we were completely dominated. Now I’m not being sour or critical - it’s wonderful that we won. But it is quite *normal* to see teams with a huge talent advantage hang around and win games when they put the pedal to the metal and really push. Tampa Bay won a Cup playing just that way with Lecavalier. So yeah, I’m basically of the “Price won that game” school.

Doesn’t matter anyway. The Leafs are getting damaged and they now hear the footsteps of their own doom coming up behind them. If the coaches can refrain from being complete dumb-asses the stage is set for one of the Game 7s of all time...

EDIT: can I just say, before I forget, that I thought Byron quietly had a superb game tonight? He made a lot of smart plays to get the Habs out of jams did some heads-up things in a secondary role.

• Like 1