Game 6 - Leafs vs Habs 7:30PM ET

JoeLassister

1 minute ago, Neech said:

Hilarious way to win, get hemmed in our end the whole OT, completely unable to advance the puck.  Then KK picks a corner.

Our sweet summer boy

Did his shot deflect slightly? I thought I saw that on some replays and not on others. 

Just now, Toronthab said:

Did his shot deflect slightly? I thought I saw that on some replays and not on others. 

It was hard to tell, but I think the puck hit the Leafs dmans's ankle and deflected upwards a bit.  

• Upvote 1

Just now, Sir_Boagalott said:

It was hard to tell, but I think the puck hit the Leafs dmans's ankle and deflected upwards a bit.  

That's what I thought too. 

No matter what happens in Game 7, the play of the kids up front has given me hope.  The short pass from Suzuki for the Toffoli was a lot tougher pass than most people realize.  I thought Suzuki had a great game, was dangerous all night. 

The Habs looked tired in overtime but Carey Price is so confident right now. Petry and Weber must be tired. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

No matter what happens in Game 7, the play of the kids up front has given me hope.  The short pass from Suzuki for the Toffoli was a lot tougher pass than most people realize.  I thought Suzuki had a great game, was dangerous all night. 

The Habs looked tired in overtime but Carey Price is so confident right now. Petry and Weber must be tired. 

I was amazed Toffoli got off the shot so well. Hard pass. 

4 minutes ago, Toronthab said:

That's what I thought too. 

I haven't seen a replay of it yet.  The feed I was watching cut out quickly to the Game Over screen.  I could be wrong but it didnt look like it mattered that the puck deflected.  i.e. the Goalie didnt move his glove in an attempt to stop it, so I dont believe he saw it all.  

1 minute ago, Sir_Boagalott said:

I haven't seen a replay of it yet.  The feed I was watching cut out quickly to the Game Over screen.  I could be wrong but it didnt look like it mattered that the puck deflected.  i.e. the Goalie didnt move his glove in an attempt to stop it, so I dont believe he saw it all.  

Thanks. Tough to see alright. 

20 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Well, this was perhaps the only game in the series where the Habs had an edge in play for most of the game. But all they got as a result was two goals, a fragile lead such that, when the Leafs cranked it up in the second half of the third and the entire OT, we were completely dominated. Now I’m not being sour or critical - it’s wonderful that we won. But it is quite *normal* to see teams with a huge talent advantage hang around and win games when they put the pedal to the metal and really push. Tampa Bay won a Cup playing just that way with Lecavalier. So yeah, I’m basically of the “Price won that game” school.

Doesn’t matter anyway. The Leafs are getting damaged and they now hear the footsteps of their own doom coming up behind them. If the coaches can refrain from being complete dumb-asses the stage is set for one of the Game 7s of all time...

EDIT: can I just say, before I forget, that I thought Byron quietly had a superb game tonight? He made a lot of smart plays to get the Habs out of jams did some heads-up things in a secondary role.

Yes and he made the pass on the OT winner too.

So exciting and nerve-racking watching these playoff games.  Stoked for a game 7.

I thought it was a well-deserved win for the Habs, even tho they were hanging on for dear life in the 3rd.  Other superstars come thru for their teams so it is fitting that Price looked outstanding and shut the door in the 3rd.  He looks so dialed in.  Only 2 shots that beat him tonite were deflected off Petry's stick. Even the game before it took a deflection, a screen and a mad scrable to beat him.

Like the speed and tenacity that Evans brought to the lineup, as i've been disappointed with the play of Tatar.  TT just seems to disappear at this time of year.  Suzuki seems to have stepped up his game and is gaining such valuable experience.

The lack of puck mobility of 3/4 of our top 4 D is driving me nuts but they are playing a very hard-nosed brand of hockey.  Probably is little too much icetime but DD has little confidence in the others.  I realize Gustaffson can be a train wreck defensively but why not insulate him with Weber a little more to help create some better help to the forwards.  Move the puck to the forwards with skill and the Habs will be defending much less.

Let's Go!!

14 minutes ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

Suzuki, caufield, and KK were all great tonight.  Its a very good sign.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

Agreed, no way Petry and Weber can continue to play 25-30 minutes a night. 

Rielly and Brodie played almost as much as Petry and Weber, so it’s not just the Habs.

And Matthews and Marner both played over 40 minutes, too.

2 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Suzuki, caufield, and KK were all great tonight.  Its a very good sign.

Agreed!

Love the offensive potential that Caufield shows.  Habs need more players that can finish like him.  He will only get stronger and stronger.

10 minutes ago, Toronthab said:

Thanks. Tough to see alright. 

I just saw it.  TSN doesnt have a clip of it yet but SN does.  The Leaf dman was down completely blocking the view of the puck.  The Campbell doesnt see kk shoot the puck at all and didnt move his glove 1 bit. 

However, you can see the exact moment when Campbell starts to track the puck with eyes.  i.e. he starts turning his head and is  watching the puck go over his shoulder and into the net.    

1 minute ago, Sir_Boagalott said:

I just saw it.  TSN doesnt have a clip of it yet but SN does.  The Leaf dman was down completely blocking the view of the puck.  The Campbell doesnt see kk shoot the puck at all and didnt move his glove 1 bit. 

However, you can see the exact moment when Campbell starts to track the puck with eyes.  i.e. he starts turning his head and is  watching the puck go over his shoulder and into the net.    

Thanks amigo. 

I'll admit that I wasn't convinced that Caulfield would be effective at the NHL level.  I am convinced now. He is such a smart hockey player, always gets in a good position and he also is an excellent passer. He is a better skater than I thought. I only question now  for me is  whether he  scores 25-30 goals a year or 35-40 goals a year. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

I'll admit that I wasn't convinced that Caulfield would be effective at the NHL level.  I am convinced now. He is such a smart hockey player, always gets in a good position and he also is an excellent passer. He is a better skater than I thought. I only question now  for me is  whether he  scores 25-30 goals a year or 35-40 goals a year. 

I always figured Caufield would be effective at the NHL level, but I thought he'd have way more goals by now.  The other day I was thinking about about how Habs prospects tend to turn out.  Then I jokingly thought that Caufield is on pace to get as many Goals as Danault and maybe as high as Drouin.  

He's still super new and he'll pick it right up eventually.   He does keep getting better every game and does a lot of good things defensively.  So many people say he'st the real deal etc so he should get in the 50's.  It'll be a shame if he doesn't turn out being a 45g+ guy. 

Just reading the Leaf boards, no respect. I don't think I have ever been an arrogant Habs fan, was always worried about every opponent they played even when they had great teams.  But so many posts like " I can't believe we are going to 7 games against such an average team".  

It's playoff time Leaf fans!  This is when goals don't come easy and you really have to earn it. If you need some advice understanding  that then just ask Corey Perry, he will educate you. I couldn't stand Perry when he played for Anaheim but that is a guy who will do anything to win. He is a gamer. 

I love what Bieksa said about KK  "he is built for the playoffs".   Onward. 

Fire DD Fire MB, no idea what they are doing, built a team that can't compete. Team has no clue. Wah!!! Oh wait, they are great now. Ignore what was said.... Putzs. Go Habs Go. Told you Joe was making 4 straight posts. If you complained after game 4 and gave up hope your Kraken jerseys are available in your local stores. 

Habs built for playoffs by MB. Coached to shut down the likes of Matthews and McDavid by DD. Fire them both. Not a clue between them. Again. Putzs. 

7 hours ago, Toronthab said:

Did any forecasters predict 3-3 after 6? Leafs must be just a little bit nervous right about now. 

6 hours ago, Trizzak said:

Engels predicted Leafs in 7

On 5/13/2021 at 7:18 AM, xXx..CK..xXx said:

[...] I am going to go with a similar prediction to Will but while I was initially thinking 6 games as well, I am going to go with Habs in 7 games.

[...]

Hopefully I am a forecaster. 😇