Game 6 - Leafs vs Habs 7:30PM ET

JoeLassister

WOW! go read the thread for game 7 on the laughs HFBoards. They are in pain. Blow up the team, fire Dumbass. Sounds like a bunch of posters I know. LOL

1 hour ago, johnnyhasbeen said:

Fire DD Fire MB, no idea what they are doing, built a team that can't compete. Team has no clue. Wah!!! Oh wait, they are great now. Ignore what was said.... Putzs. Go Habs Go. Told you Joe was making 4 straight posts. If you complained after game 4 and gave up hope your Kraken jerseys are available in your local stores. 

Habs built for playoffs by MB. Coached to shut down the likes of Matthews and McDavid by DD. Fire them both. Not a clue between them. Again. Putzs. 

‘Tis is the life of your average sports fan my friend!!

Glad to see you’re still around.  It’s been almost 20yrs that we’ve been here. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Helmethead said:

‘Tis is the life of your average sports fan my friend!!

Glad to see you’re still around.  It’s been almost 20yrs that we’ve been here. 

....and still no cup.. but it will come!

1 hour ago, johnnyhasbeen said:

Fire DD Fire MB, no idea what they are doing, built a team that can't compete. Team has no clue. Wah!!! Oh wait, they are great now. Ignore what was said.... Putzs. Go Habs Go. Told you Joe was making 4 straight posts. If you complained after game 4 and gave up hope your Kraken jerseys are available in your local stores. 

Habs built for playoffs by MB. Coached to shut down the likes of Matthews and McDavid by DD. Fire them both. Not a clue between them. Again. Putzs. 

It looks pretty clear to me that they've won these two games, especially game 6, in spite of coaching and management. That was one of the most poorly coached games I've ever seen going with 4 D and having them stop attacking with the lead. There is a reason Toronto tied it up and dominated OT. Bergevin's deadline pickups have been a hindrance to this team.  Staal has brought nothing. Merrill brings almost nothing. Gustafsson has been mind boggling. If his coach was afraid to use him, why acquire him?

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

Just reading the Leaf boards, no respect. I don't think I have ever been an arrogant Habs fan, was always worried about every opponent they played even when they had great teams.  But so many posts like " I can't believe we are going to 7 games against such an average team".  

Haha. It's hard for me to define Toronto. The standing said they were a good team and they've got some elite players who should make them a good team. Nick Foligno is a great guy for a good team to acquire at the deadline. But are you really a good team if you are picking him up to play on the 2nd line?  With Tavares out, they are a one line team plus Nylander trying to do it all on his own. He was able to do so early, but we're seeing he can't do it on his own. I think the Leafs have been foolish to swap Hyman and Nylander trying to jump start the bug boys. Instead, they should play those two together to give Nylander some help on that line.

Get this, Kotkaniemi scored at 15:15 into OT. It was the 15th shot in overtime, in Kotkaniemi’s 15th playoff game. He played exactly 15 minutes, and he wears #15

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

9 hours ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

Agreed, no way Petry and Weber can continue to play 25-30 minutes a night. 

In spite of that.thought from fans like you and I.. they are playing that much

26 minutes ago, Helmethead said:

Oh it will. 

Eventually. 

In the meantime I get to enjoy the ride with my kids. 

One of my sons girlfriends sent him a selfie in tears at one point of the game, so much fun.

Here is some cool trivia about Kotkaniemi and his OT goal last night.

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, Fanpuck33 said:

It looks pretty clear to me that they've won these two games, especially game 6, in spite of coaching and management. That was one of the most poorly coached games I've ever seen going with 4 D and having them stop attacking with the lead. There is a reason Toronto tied it up and dominated OT. Bergevin's deadline pickups have been a hindrance to this team.  Staal has brought nothing. Merrill brings almost nothing. Gustafsson has been mind boggling. If his coach was afraid to use him, why acquire him?

In spite of coaching and management? I don't believe that happens. I agree on Staal and the 2 point men. Hard to not argue that. I have said so often to my son, I wish Staal would score here to get me feeling like I did after his first game. Kept hoping his playoff game would be a higher level. It isn't. I don't get how Romanov is not in and I am still confused by Mete. Anderson brings a ton leading in both hits and shots. Perry has been a good addition. Toffoli was a steal.

All in all, I think we are now on a right path. Win or lose game 7 this team is only going to improve next year. Toronto will be the same. No killer instinct. lol. Think how leaf fans feel about the Big Joe addition now. Gandolf vs Bilbo. Rather our seats than theirs at the moment. No? Did you expect to be where we are when the pucked drop on game 1 of the season? I would happily have taken game 7 vs leafs having come back from 3-1 in the series. Here we are. Not worth complaining over success, even if it is a small step.

Go Habs Go! 

13 minutes ago, johnnyhasbeen said:

In spite of coaching and management? I don't believe that happens. I agree on Staal and the 2 point men. Hard to not argue that. I have said so often to my son, I wish Staal would score here to get me feeling like I did after his first game. Kept hoping his playoff game would be a higher level. It isn't. I don't get how Romanov is not in and I am still confused by Mete. Anderson brings a ton leading in both hits and shots. Perry has been a good addition. Toffoli was a steal.

All in all, I think we are now on a right path. Win or lose game 7 this team is only going to improve next year. Toronto will be the same. No killer instinct. lol. Think how leaf fans feel about the Big Joe addition now. Gandolf vs Bilbo. Rather our seats than theirs at the moment. No? Did you expect to be where we are when the pucked drop on game 1 of the season? I would happily have taken game 7 vs leafs having come back from 3-1 in the series. Here we are. Not worth complaining over success, even if it is a small step.

Go Habs Go! 

Oh, I was all in before the season. I was riding high on beating the Penguins in the play-in series and I thought we could compete for the division. I thought Bergevin had an amazing off-season. But his moves during the season were terrible. They only thing the trade deadline acquisitions did was make it harder to get Caufield into the lineup. And replacing Julien with Ducharme turned out to be a sideways move because I don't see any difference in how the team plays. I was not a fan of Julien and praised the move at the time, but what exactly did Ducharme change? If he wasn't going to be a totally different voice, what was the point? He is clearly not as good at being Julien than Julien was.

They would have missed playoffs the past 2 years other than a pandemic and NHL changes, 

No real reason for optimism, if they go back to the regular division they are not a playoff team

too many holes

16 minutes ago, Chris said:

They would have missed playoffs the past 2 years other than a pandemic and NHL changes, 

No real reason for optimism, if they go back to the regular division they are not a playoff team

too many holes

Post that on the Leafs forum, it applies as much there too

11 hours ago, Chris said:

The habs haven't scored more than 2 goals in regulation time and it's 3-3. Insane 

Not exactly True. THe Habs won game five 4 to 3, therefore, that means they scored 3 goals in regulation!

I didn’t mind the in-season pick ups at all, except that I thought they were ONLY to push Evans (which it did) and give defensive depth (which it did). 

I didn’t expect that acquiring Staal meant benching KK after Evans had re-found his game and that Romanov/Kulak would be in the stands while the depth formed the 3rd pairing. 

I’d need to know the internal workings, but I’m blaming DD for who the healthy scratches are - not MB. 

33 minutes ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

We won this game because Price is playing like it’s 2014. 

We turned the puck over almost three times more than the leafs did. We had great efforts from many players but the team in general played poorly in our own zone - as is tradition. 

Agreed about the turnovers. Both Leafs goals come from Turnovers...then again, so did the OT winner by KK. Thanks to Byron for that!

Kotkaniemi didn't get much ice time ... specifically, he had been on the bench for about five minutes before hjs final shift in OT. He, Byron and Anderson were all relatively fresh when they jumped on the ice.

Was this just the result of Ducharme not playing them much? Or was Ducharme actually waiting for the right moment to throw them on the ice, to try to make something happen? Yeah, I know, it's just speculation.

20202021-30176-shiftchart.png

1 hour ago, alfredoh2009 said:

Post that on the Leafs forum, it applies as much there too

No it doesn;t, the Leafs had plenty of points to make the playoffs in any division, 

There playoffs have been poor the past few years, not the regular season 

5 minutes ago, Chris said:

No it doesn;t, the Leafs had plenty of points to make the playoffs in any division, 

There playoffs have been poor the past few years, not the regular season 

they've been preying in sub-par teams like the senators, canucks and flames this year and weak opponents last year.

1 hour ago, Chris said:

too many holes

Do you ever post anything positive?  Like ever?

The team just won a huge game and you are still negative.

The Habs made the playoffs legitimately this season.  I dont give a shit about changed divisions.

Every division had shit teams.  California has 3 terrible teams and Arizona in the west.  Columbus and Detroit stink. Chicago fell apart after a lucky start. Buffalo and the Devils are awful.  Philadelphia had the worst goaltending in the league. So yeah.  There is that.

If it wasnt beating up on the canucks, it would have been beating up on those teams.

1 minute ago, Chris said:

Yea, so that was there schedule, same as the habs

habs preyed on the Canucks, 

that is what I am saying: Leafs and Habs earned their Playoff entry this year and last based on the same rules and playing similar opponents. They are both as legitimate as there can be