Game 6 - Leafs vs Habs 7:30PM ET

JoeLassister

All this talk about the Leafs being this, the leafs being that has me beyond annoyed. 

It’s like the only team that can actually beat the Leafs is the Leafs themselves. 

F&$k this shit.

Do we deserve league wide respect after our showing this far in the series?  Hardly.  

But last time I checked we’ve made it to a winner takes all against this “intergalactic” lineup. 

No respect from anyone.

Bodes well for us. 

We’ve managed to get into their heads. 

4-1 Montreal and it’s not even close. 

No respect from the Leafs Nation, to be sure. But not everyone else is convinced that the Leafs will prevail. These are the Game 7 predictions from the Athletic:

image.png

15 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

No respect from the Leafs Nation, to be sure. But not everyone else is convinced that the Leafs will prevail. These are the Game 7 predictions from the Athletic:

image.png

Same bullshit from ESPN+. 

2 contrarians out of 6

16 minutes ago, Helmethead said:

Same bullshit from ESPN+. 

2 contrarians out of 6

What  BS?

If you had last $100 and had to bet it on this game, only an idiot  fanatic would put it down on the Habs.

I not a better, but odds not in Habs favour.

Montreal
64 Toronto
5½u-35
+180
5½u-39
+170
5½u-35
+185
5½u-35
+170

+165
5½u-40
+176
5½u-35
+180
5½u-35
+180
5½u-35
+180

Going through the TSN NHL section this morning and there’s 5 Leafs headlines about game 7, then there’s one about Habs riding those top players and the next is Habs force game 7.  It’s for reasons like these Habs need to win tonight, I don’t care if the get swept by the Jets after that.

18 minutes ago, DON said:

What  BS?

If you had last $100 and had to bet it on this game, only an idiot  fanatic would put it down on the Habs.

I not a better, but odds not in Habs favour.

Montreal
64 Toronto
5½u-35
+180
5½u-39
+170
5½u-35
+185
5½u-35
+170

+165
5½u-40
+176
5½u-35
+180
5½u-35
+180
5½u-35
+180

All hail the local idiot then!!

A5B5CACD-EA05-4B97-839E-BC9DE1162CA3.jpeg

1 hour ago, tomh009 said:

They are missing Tavares (2C) and Muzzin (2D). Anyone else?

Habs are missing Drouin (2LW), Lehkonen (3LW) and Merrill (3D). It's not a massive difference in terms of roster gaps -- even if Tavares is better than Drouin.

Saying Tavares is better than Drouin is a a massive understatement. Drouin should not be mentioned in the the same breath as Tavares - who is better than any forward we have.

At this point losing m Lekhonan is worse than Drouin - and a better comparison fir Lekhonan’ alias is when the Leafs lost Foligno.  Merrill?? Seriously???  Sitting out Romanov is worse and than losing Merrill.

17 hours ago, Sir_Boagalott said:

I disagree with how a lot of people here are bashing Dom.  I certainly noticed numerous really good things that they were doing.  A lot of the good things that the Habs are doing have been very subtle and hard to notice.  

This is unrelated to Dom, but a great example of very subtle is the Caufield Suzuki break away.  Did anybody happen to notice when Caufield 1st passed Suzuki the puck?  It was right at the blue line.  Did anyone realize why he passed Suzuki the puck right at that exact moment?  i.e. Suzuki could have screwed up the play by going off side.  Well, Caulfield's pass made that an impossibility.  

Dom is getting them to do similar subtle things that are easily unnoticed.  ex:  numerous times when the Leafs would carry the puck over the Habs blue line, there were 3 Habs right there.  1 would be checking the Leafs, and 2nd was further down ice along the boards, and the 3rd was along the blue line.  i.e. the Leafs player with he puck had absolutely nowhere to go, and the 2nd or 3rd Habs would end up recovering the Leafs turnover.  Thats huge and it kept the Leafs off the scoreboard for the majority of the game.  

Those are players making good plays, not Dom dictating their split second decision-making.

Julien had them forechecking effectively as well, again not coaches credit.

You really have to stretch to try to make your point, and it still isn’t landing.

1 hour ago, tomh009 said:

Habs are missing Drouin (2LW), Lehkonen (3LW) and Merrill (3D). It's not a massive difference in terms of roster gaps -- even if Tavares is better than Drouin.

Good point, any you could argue that offense from Drouin/Lehks (minimal as it may be) carries more weight on the “score by committee” team than it doesn’t on the offensive wonder (kk) that is TO. Meaning Habs have been greater affected by injuries.

Drouin could have been quite the X factor. And Lehks was playing very well, some of his best hockey.

6 minutes ago, hab29RETIRED said:

Saying Tavares is better than Drouin is a a massive understatement. Drouin should not be mentioned in the the same breath as Tavares. At this point losing m Lekhonan is worse than Drouin - and a better comparison fir Lekhonan’ alias is when the Leafs lost Foligno.  Merrill?? Seriously???  Sitting out Romanov is worse and than losing Merrill.

Merrill was not bad, Muzzin did little to stand out either.

Lehks was playing like a beast, much more of a contributor than Foligno (barely notice him).

Drouin is the big unknown, when engaged he could be a difference maker and complement Anderson in opposite wings much better than Byron, those two are not compatible as both are gas st enough and want to be first man in on forecheck (Byron never looks to see if he really should be first man in, instead just goes and that forces Anderson to hold back which is not his style and reduces his impact greatly). Terrible line combo there. Drouin would fit in well with Andy and KK right now and get Byron back to fourth line where he should be.

14 hours ago, Sir_Boagalott said:

He has done really well, and he did get 1 more G in the reg season than I remembered.  I thought he got 3 but he did get 4.  However, that was in 10 games, so times that by 8 and he's on pace for 32g/yr. 

So far his reg seasons #'s are slightly better than Gally but less than Paccioretty's.  It would have been a lot cooler had he scored on his 1st shit, and/or hattrick 1st game, or any game, of even 1+ multi goal game. 

He's still young so anything can still happen.  Caufield has no doubt shown flashes of brilliance, but so does Drouin, Armia, etc.  I certainly don't want Caufield to turn out to be that type of player. 

Therefore, there is still a lot of suspense as to how good he will turn out to be.  The sooner he proves it the better.  

20 year old jumps into league during intense playoff race, after division realignment has made every team very aware of each other and manages to score at 32g/82game pace.   
There is zero to complain about there, you must be trolling or moronic to believe otherwise.

The more i read your post the stupider it sounds, exact reason players don’t want to be play in markets where fans are over zealous fools.

Caufield is the only dangerous consistent player they have going right now, he creates opportunities, hit the post several times in the series and is a pretty good play maker. 

No Muzzin tonight.. likely means both Dermott and Sandin play tonight.. Habs need to take advantage!!

C’mon Anderson, Toffoli.. this is the reason MB added you. For this exact game.

1 hour ago, hockeyrealist said:

Good point, any you could argue that offense from Drouin/Lehks (minimal as it may be) carries more weight on the “score by committee” team than it doesn’t on the offensive wonder (kk) that is TO. Meaning Habs have been greater affected by injuries.

Drouin could have been quite the X factor. And Lehks was playing very well, some of his best hockey.

Sorry, this line of reasoning doesn’t stand up. We lost Drouin, a player who can never be counted on to do anything; Lehks, a very fine third-liner; and Merrill, a marginal D. The loss of Tavares and Muzzin is equivalent to the Habs losing Suzuki and Weber. That’s a more accurate comparator. 

Not that it matters to me; we have suffered from more than our share of catastrophic, crippling injuries in recent years, so in the grand scheme of things there is no “unfairness” to Toronto flowing from those injuries. They were largely healthy in previous playoffs and still found ways to lose anyway. 

20 year old jumps into league during intense playoff race, after division realignment has made every team very aware of each other and manages to score at 32g/82game pace.   
There is zero to complain about there, you must be trolling or moronic to believe otherwise.

The more i read your post the stupider it sounds, exact reason players don’t want to be play in markets where fans are over zealous fools.

You have a habit of name calling I've noticed. It's not an accepted thing in this forum.

• Upvote 1

Merrill was not bad, Muzzin did little to stand out either.

Lehks was playing like a beast, much more of a contributor than Foligno (barely notice him).

Drouin is the big unknown, when engaged he could be a difference maker and complement Anderson in opposite wings much better than Byron, those two are not compatible as both are gas st enough and want to be first man in on forecheck (Byron never looks to see if he really should be first man in, instead just goes and that forces Anderson to hold back which is not his style and reduces his impact greatly). Terrible line combo there. Drouin would fit in well with Andy and KK right now and get Byron back to fourth line where he should be.

Muzzin did little to stand out?  He had two huge goals in game 5 and has been the leafs best defenceman all season and all series.  Hes better than Reilly.

Its a big boost to the Habs that he is out tonight.

• Upvote 1

Ive told you before that there is no need to call other posters names but you keep doing it.

Since you cant treat other users with respect i have no more time for you... i guess im just gonna have to put you on my ignore list.

6 minutes ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

People can disagree without being disagreeable.  These forums would be boring if people didn't have different opinions. 

We can have different opinions.  Thats fine.

We dont have to call other posters stupid or moronic.  I come on here to have fun and talk hockey.. not to read insults.  Im done with that guy.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, hockeyrealist said:

I agree with some of this for sure.

And is just pretty trivial entertainment we are talking about here.

1 hour ago, Commandant said:

We can have different opinions.  Thats fine.

We dont have to call other posters stupid or moronic.  I come on here to have fun and talk hockey.. not to read insults.  Im done with that guy.

I agree, I quite often disagree with other posters and quite often other posters disagree with me (ie. keep Bergevin or not) but there is a way to have a difference of opinion without making it personal or insulting people. I have really enjoyed some of the good debates we have had here. It keeps you sharp. 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, tomh009 said:

I admit I’m not really intimidated by Muzzin (though he did have that solid game as was pointed out) so it’s not like his loss would change this list but at this point I’ve only been wary of Nylander, Spezza, and Matthews on the Leafs. 

Drouin is a loss, but the Leafs are more top heavy than the Habs so our depth can combat that. 

It’s just my opinion, but similar to how people claim that we can only win with Price, I will say the Leafs will only win if Matthews shows up and scores 2-3 goals. Either him or Nylander. 

I’m not fearful of Marner. I really don’t expect him to put the puck in the net.

If I’m looking at the Habs roster, I genuinely feel that Toffoli, Perry, Anderson, Gallagher, KK, Suzuki, Caufield....

They’re all threats to put the puck in the net. I will be very surprised if someone like Kerfoot, Thornton, Simmonds, Marner, Mikheyev, Engvall, even Hyman and Galchenyuk... I’ll be surprised if anyone of them score. That’s 8 of their 12 forwards. Foligno being the lone wolf left.

When it comes to our forwards, I know Danault won’t score tonight and I would be surprised if Evans or Staal did. That’s it, that’s all.

The depth and playoff experience are leaning our way. The top high end skill is on their side. I’m not overly confident but again combined with the Muzzin and Tavares injuries, I’m fine with our chances tonight. We will be facing a Leafs team with their backs to the wall for the first time, however.  So it wouldn’t be surprising to have to weather a storm tonight.