Game 7 Habs vs Leafs 7:00 PM ET

JoeLassister

1 minute ago, tomh009 said:

Danault is not putting any points on the board (for which he has been faulted repeatedly throughout the season) but he sure knows how to take Matthews out of action. I'd love to keep him next year (and after) if he's willing to accept this as his role -- and a commensurate salary.

That’s the issue. He is a superb defensive forward. His claims to being a top-6 FW who can generate substantial offence have been exposed this season. Pay him like a you’d pay an elite checking C.

Boy, watching the panel you’d swear the Leafs just dominated the period. Ridiculous.

1 minute ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

That’s the issue. He is a superb defensive forward. His claims to being a top-6 FW who can generate substantial offence have been exposed this season. Pay him like a you’d pay an elite checking C.

Boy, watching the panel you’d swear the Leafs just dominated the period. Ridiculous.

I wouldn't know. NBC FTW!

8 minutes ago, Trizzak said:

I think Gallagher has been playing a bit hurt, but also he probably just needs a goal to get back into his rhythm. He definitely appears to be thinking more going by instinct.

I'm thinking Gally will kick start the Habs goals tonight.  

3 minutes ago, brobin said:

It would be nice to see our D score from the point…

1 of Gustafsson's shots should lead to a goal tonight, but he might not get a point on the play.  

I expect less of Kulak and Gustafsson this period as it is the one with the long change.  Likely down to 4 D for the second. 

If we can make it out of this period, we will win. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Commandant said:

I expect less of Kulak and Gustafsson this period as it is the one with the long change.  Likely down to 4 D for the second. 

You nailed it earlier - the longer this game stays 0-0 the better for us

2 minutes ago, Commandant said:

Thats an excellent point.

I want to see them do the good ole bench door trick with Gustafsson.  i.e. sit him at the end of the bench furthest from the goalie.  Have a Habs use the closet door to the bench and Gustafsson hops out the other door further up ice.  Then do the opposite when the play comes back to the Habs end.  

4 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

You nailed it earlier - the longer this game stays 0-0 the better for us

Do you really think that the longer this game stays 0-0 it'll be good for us? You really think that the Leafs players are playing nervous?