Game 7 Habs vs Leafs 7:00 PM ET

JoeLassister

Carey just cemented his legendary status with this series. I mean, he already had it with the Hart and Gold medal run, but we hadn't seen this level of dominance in a while. He showed it to a whole new generation.

• Like 1

Now they're playing bonus coverage of bruins OT. Guarantee they had an hour worth of leaf loving horseshit knowing they would win. When they lost, they were screwed. Had nothing for the Habs. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Sir_Boagalott said:

I have no idea why people are saying that.  Does any one have a source for that?  I dont see that info anywhere.  I believe that the Habs would face Bos Divsion 3rd rnd and I've seen no official info to suggest otherwise.  

In the semis, the team with the highest regular season points will face the team with the lowest. The Habs have the lowest out of any team left in the playoffs and Vegas/Colorado have the highest of any teams left.

Since Vegas and Colorado are facing each other, the Habs will face one of them should they get past Winnipeg.

Source: trust me bro

3 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

It's based on league standings, not divisions.

Oh, ok. Thx.  I had idea how it worked but assumed the progression should be set by Divisions and it progress like normal.  

I think doing it by points is a silly idea. I don't like the idea of how it can change.  I'd rather it be linear all the way through.  

i.e. no matter how you view the below chart (side to side or top to bottom), Vegas or Col should not be their 3rd rnd matchup.

image.png

1 minute ago, Neech said:

Carey just cemented his legendary status with this series. I mean, he already had it with the Hart and Gold medal run, but we hadn't seen this level of dominance in a while. He showed it to a whole new generation.

He will join the Ghosts for sure with St Maurice, Saint Jean , St Jacques et les autres. 

Pretty much have to beat Winnipeg now. 

Joe, keep up the good work. 

35 minutes ago, BCHabnut said:

OMG IS SO FREAKING SATISFYING TO KNOCK THE LEAFS OUT AFTER 3-1. WHOOOP

Ya Babeeee! 

We'll be listening to Toronto crying all year long! Isn't that great??!! Much , much better than hearing them gloat. Kinda like I'm doin'. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Habsfan84 said:

Bring on the Jets! Have this song playing on repeat. It really does make you feel good!

Lemme get out my guitar!!

This feels wayyyyy tooooo goooood. Montreal wins series 4 games to 3 over Toronto Maple Leafs. Life as it is supposed to be. 

23 minutes ago, Neech said:

I drew a parallel with Roy earlier in this thread, and on reflection I know why I did. Over the last couple of games, Price has radiated that same sense of invincibility that Roy did. His teammates feel it and draw from it. The opposition feels it and loses its self-belief. 

In 2014 he was superhuman, but his “aura” right now seems even more rarified. 

• Like 1

They are already gathering branches for the fires to roast the Leafs on CBC. Are they UNHAPPY! The drug cartels in Columbia are boosting production anticipating the usual after a Leaf hockey season... which just came to an end.... 

2 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

It does feel unreal. An hour later and I still can’t quite believe it!!

Ya Babeeeeee! What a complete surprise! They played great!

3 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Les Canadiens sont la..les Canadiens sont la sont la... les...

Its great that health care workers were invited in to the game.  I guess they anticipated the final result. 

16 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

I drew a parallel with Roy earlier in this thread, and on reflection I know why I did. Over the last couple of games, Price has radiated that same sense of invincibility that Roy did. His teammates feel it and draw from it. The opposition feels it and loses its self-belief. 

In 2014 he was superhuman, but his “aura” right now seems even more rarified. 

Well said. I completely agree. You could see that Carey was in the leaf players heads! They were trying perfect plays to try to beat him, instead of simply putting pucks on net!

6 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

I still don't quite believe it.  I was actually more excited when they won the overtime games because maybe we were so close to losing and we pulled it out. 

Holy smokes, there is a  lot of venom on the Toronto chat boards. The Leafs went all in, giving up a 1st round pick for Foligno, that's 2 years in a row with no first round pick. That will cost them in 2-3 years when they have no good young players on entry level contracts while they pay their top 3 a fortune.

Les Canadiens sont la!!